robs609

Question about applying for Florida CCW yourself

I requested the application off of the Florida website of licensing. They sent me the apps in 3 days. My question is can I fingerprint myself on the card they sent me or can I take the card into my local pd and have them do it. Any advice from anyone who has done this before is appreciated.

Thanks

I requested the application off of the Florida website of licensing. They sent me the apps in 3 days. My question is can I fingerprint myself on the card they sent me or can I take the card into my local pd and have them do it. Any advice from anyone who has done this before is appreciated.

Thanks

You cannot fingerprint your own card. Your police department might do the card for you, call and ask. Then you have to get the whole thing notarized.

All the hassle makes the $50 that NJ2AS/GFH charge very attractive.

• Like 1

You cannot fingerprint your own card. Your police department might do the card for you, call and ask. Then you have to get the whole thing notarized.

I know its just a matter of location and time.

I asked my PD ( who is pro-gun....get permits in 1 week) ..... if they would fingerprint me for a Conn. CCW. They said no.....

I am waiting for maybe a GFH event to go and see if I can bring the Conn. stuff to have it done

Does it have to be a pd or leo or are there other qualified individuals?

Make sure you read the fingerprint card instructions in the "how to" book that came with the application, any mistakes will hold up your application. Mine were rejected because the LEO didn't sign the front of the card. My girlfriend's were rejected because the prints were illegible. My was easy enough to remedy by getting the LEO's signature. My GF got hers done for free at our Twp. P.D. Like everything else gun related, it depends on your PD if you pay or not.

Is that correct?I didnt see that mentioned in the instructions. :icon_question:

yes, the application also has to be notarized.

Just wait until the next NJ2AS event. We were to have one this past week at Gun for Hire, but we canceled it due to snow. The CCW programs will be an ongoing at NJ2AS meetings. $50 and that includes membership to NJ2AS and your CCW app. Everything handled professionally by the staff at G4H.

Otherwise, I know GAPP (new vendor) does Utaw CCW classes, so may be able to do FL for you. Send Cameron a message.

Does it have to be a pd or leo or are there other qualified individuals?

Has to be a PD, and you have to put name & address of the dept on the back of the card in the upper right corner.

Ask me how I know....

FL CCW Omission.pdf

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I got printed electronically in the Lee County Florida Sheriff's office, and had my application notarized by one of their officers. Nice people - one officer told me in a serious tone, "you know the fbi is going to look at any records, etc." I just laughed with him that they would find me rather boring. While we did this we chatted about the great things in NJ especially hot dogs. I think many of these guys are retired officers who come back part time just to keep busy. I did not have my proof of firearms training with me at the time, so the entire package had to go by mail when I returned north. 40 days later it was in my mailbox. I hear the times are shorter now. :)

Oh and on-topic, the prints must come from law enforcement or possibly their lawful representatives. You can't do it yourself.