Wolfy

BA not a sponsor

Bullet Hole is next. No offense but unless you've been buying guns for a while they seem to lack in the what's available and what's not category.

No offense bro, but, BH may have some problems here and there, but they don't compare to the shenanigans that are going on at BA.

If they start putting faces to usernames, maybe some of us won't be welcome any more. If only Shore Shot would improve their backstop, I would never have a reason to go back (except maybe to say hello to Dan).

Hint hint, Kyle.

So typical of BA, rather than making an attempt to correct a problem, they stick their heads in the sand and ignore it. Simpler to disassociate themselves from the site than to try and resolve issues. Actually, I am surprised they hung around here as long as they did.

Not sure is it is just a matter of putting in a thicker backstop at SS though, there may be other structural reasons to limit calibers. You know, with only a 25 yard range, do we have to be shooting our cannons off in there? Maybe we are better off saving that for Dix or CJ? Just my .02

No offense bro, but, BH may have some problems here and there, but they don't compare to the shenanigans that are going on at BA.

True, but in my dealings with them they are unprofessional to say the least. You'd think that doing this as long as they have they would know the business by now, but nope.

It is unfortunate that this had to happen, but the repeated negative dealings, rude attitudes, threats and shenanigans that have been experienced by forum members made it impossible to continue our relationship and maintain the integrety of the forum.

I can only say positive things about BA, but at the same time, I have never bought a firearm through them/had any interaction with their customer service. Phil and Milton have always been cool as hell, but I do agree that the lanes have been breaking down more and more often.

I like how BA's range is managed better than SS's. I don't like SS's range...I don't like how it barely gets the job done, I don't like how picky they are with some of the overboard rules, I don't like how you have to be a member there to shoot long guns and such.

BA is a better range IMO, but I will find myself going more and more to my local outdoor range either way.

It is unfortunate that this had to happen, but the repeated negative dealings, rude attitudes, threats and shenanigans that have been experienced by forum members made it impossible to continue our relationship and maintain the integrety of the forum.

Does this mean Tuesdays at BA are no more? I usually go to SS, but I joined BA a year ago to be more social with the folks here (and to shoot my rifles).

With the relationship severed as it were, i wonder about the future of the tuesday night meets. A lot of the regulars there are very active here on the forum so it does seem a bit of an uncomfortable situation between the BA staff and the members here. I know its nothing personal, but the owner surely can't be all to pleased with the whole situation. And let's not forget the tuesday night hiatus they imposed after the shooting. Tuesday was too much of a coincidence to be a purely arbitrary choice. Although i'm not a member, i'd be rather dismayed over the various events that have transpired in recent past.

Does this mean Tuesdays at BA are no more? I usually go to SS, but I joined BA a year ago to be more social with the folks here (and to shoot my rifles).

I am still a few months away from being able to shoot again, but I will be frequenting Shore Shot when I am healed up. I am not sure about everyone else.

I have known Billy at Shore Shot since he was in the process of building the original range in Neptune back in 1990. I worked on the security system at the current Shore Shot after the Neptune range debacle while they were renovating the Lakewood space after the Inner Circle closed. I worked at Shore Shot while going to school between 1997 and 2000. Billy is a great guy and has never given me any reason to question his integrity. He was always more than fair with me. I also have known Andy there just as long through a mutual friend; in fact the funny thing was we both worked for SS at the same time and didn't know it until we ran into each other one day which was quite funny.

I met Phil from BA while I was working at Shore Shot in the late '90s. At the time he was a service manager for a car dealer in Toms River, Nissan if I recall. Phil seemed like a nice guy and I always got along with him. When Phil opened BA there was a lot of trash talk about how he was going to put SS out of business, etc, etc. Phil always seemed to treat me with caution as I guess he distrusted me knowing I worked at SS but in fact I was never like that. I think a lot of the bad blood between the two could have been avoided if not for the trash talk coming out of BA. That said I know a number of people that have had issues with BA, some people I had recommended them to have come back to me with stories I found hard to believe. Given a choice I prefer SS over BA mostly due to the staff. While Phil has always treated me right others at BA have rubbed me the wrong way with their attitudes from time to time. At least that is my 2½¢

They should just swap ranges. That way we can have a better backstop at SS!

You need to understand that SS was an old range that was beat to death when Billy took it over in the early '90s. He did an amazing job resurrecting that facility from the chaos of the final days of the Inner Circle. In the final months the Inner Circle was apparently a mad house with little to no real range supervision. They found serious damage to the range from large caliber riles that the range was never intended to support. Repairing and replacing sections of the traps and baffles cost Billy a fortune in the beginning.

If you had seen what he had built in Neptune before the town screwed him you would have been amazed. The Neptune facility was top shelf unlike any indoor range I have ever seen in NJ. That was truly a sad affair.

When you compare the current SS to BA you are comparing a range built in the late '70 - early '80s to a range built in the last five years, they are apples to oranges. I would love to see SS expand to a new facility some day but who knows. If BA ever folds I would take the bet SS would lease the space, I just don't see that happening any time soon.

Hm, I guess thats that. I will still go use the range, I have several months left on my mbrship. I am not in the market for anything right now anyways. I decided to re-up when the weather was getting bad,so I could do rifles there if I needed to. the way things look weather & free time wise, I will have to head over there for riflery some nite in the next few weeks. I will still go there occasionally for Tues nites, till the summer, probably. C'est la vie

Btw, they were just dropped as a vendor... I would still go to use the facilities there, it just means they are not getting the NJGF seal of approval. I would be very cautious of ordering things, however do not hesistate to buy something that you like that is in stock on display.

I've never had any problems with Phil, Milton, and the other staff members at BA. They have always been super friendly to me.

With that said, I have only ever used the range there. I have never ordered any firearms through them because of negative hearsay, yet the range is new and nice and they always are quick to say hello and shoot the **** with me when I am patronizing their facility.

So for now, I will continue using their facility and continue not ordering anything from them.