Sign in to follow this  
Cemeterys Gun Blob

Reporter goes to SHOT Show

http://www.anchoragepress.com/articles/2011/02/03/news/doc4d49e3289f8ab880517843.txt

What I found in Las Vegas was lethality mania, with major firearms manufacturers and distributors promoting new lines of weapons that hold even more bullets and with various gadgets and tactical features that supposedly “maximize operator lethality.” In other words, they’re better able to kill human beings in greater numbers and with more efficiency. That’s all they’re good for—not target shooting, not hunting, just killing people.

[sarcasm]wait.. another article written by an anti-gun reporter demonizing the entire shooting community? surely you are kidding? [/sarcasm]

when I see anti-gun "articles" I often wonder what is harder to stomach.. the idiot ramblings of the "reporter" or the comments following the "article"

• Like 1

That article is full of hyperbole.

The Centurion AK 39 is chambered to fire 7.62x39mm Soviet-origin assault rifle rounds, the standard issue bullets for AK-47s. They’re excellent for killing people. For killing animals, however, I wouldn’t trust them to drop anything larger than a Sitka blacktail deer, and certainly not a brown bear. I’d rather be armed with pepper spray. Or bottle rockets. Or a bell.

SURE you would. lessee here..Bottle Rocket or AK. I suppose the rocket could bounce off the bear's head and ignite his fur. Ursine Flambé! Yeah, you can count on them running for the hills...at least if you can get it lit on a cold Alaskan windy day. Oh #$%^ a bear, quick, get out the bottle rockets and the lighter...Ok, now *click* damn. *click*. Damn. *click* OUCH it's eating me!

• Like 3

That article is full of hyperbole.

SURE you would. lessee here..Bottle Rocket or AK. I suppose the rocket could bounce off the bear's head and ignite his fur. Ursine Flambé! Yeah, you can count on them running for the hills...at least if you can get it lit on a cold Alaskan windy day. Oh #$%^ a bear, quick, get out the bottle rockets and the lighter...Ok, now *click* damn. *click*. Damn. *click* OUCH it's eating me!

+1

that is hysterical..

yeah, here's one comment. This individual should not have a firearm. He's nuts. Literally.

----------

" An unstable and threatening reporter (an Alaskan "Loughner"?) deriding and demeaning LEGAL guns and gun owners in an article about the SHOT show for the Anchorage Press? Feast your eyes at the irony and folly of this...

A little about David Holthouse....another unstable individual:

Westword ran a cover story on May 13, 2004 entitled "Stalking the Bogeyman" in which the 33-year-old journalist, David Holthouse, described being molested at the age of 7 by a 14-year-old at his home in Anchorage, Alaska. The attacker was not named but a picture and other details were printed. The article told of Holthouse's recently abandoned plans to belatedly kill his now grown-up attacker: "I was going to watch him writhe like a poisoned cockroach for a few seconds, then kick him onto his stomach and put three bullets in the back of his head. This time last year I had a gun, and a silencer, and a plan" [5].

After the article was published, Holthouse feared retaliation and asked a friend to follow the alleged attacker. The friend was arrested on suspicion of stalking on May 29, 2004. Holthouse's arrest soon followed. "Any charges against me are essentially charges of thought crimes," he said [6]. The alleged attacker and his wife declined to press charges [7]. The article won a 2nd place in the annual awards of the Colorado Society of Professional Journalists [8].

Westword published a followup story by Holthouse on July 8, 2004 in which he described his reaction upon being arrested: "I said to myself, to the walls, to no one, 'Well, isn't this a b*tch? The guy who raped me when I was kid just got me arrested. I should have gone ahead and shot his a**'". Holthouse feared retaliation because "After the article came out, my mom, who still lives in Anchorage, Alaska, where the rape occurred, and from whom I inherited my taste for vendetta, mailed copies of the cover story to everyone in the man's neighborhood, along with a signed note identifying him as the unnamed molester in the story. She was a one-woman sexual-predator notification program". "

My god... this country is doomed. What in the F are we teaching people nowadays. And what I am really talking about is values, personal values and community. I am going to brain dump here... lets hope I stay focused.

According to the author we can shoot things, just not if we mean to kill them. We can use power, but not too much power. (Someone go ask Bush 41 how that worked out in reagrds to Irag for the USA). We can own tools, just not use tools. And if that proverbial jawbone goes out and crushes a nut all by itself, well he will be there to tell you, "I told you so".

At what point in time did we begin to teach Ninny as a major in universities. Was it during the Clinton years, because if it was I am going to rip my own brain stem out and burn it for voting for him. There is the whole Churchill qoute of "If you're not Liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not Conservative when you're 35, you have no brain." concept and there is alot of truth behind it, taxes and responsibility shake much of your foundation as you pass into middle age. But the one thing we have to do as a nation is GROW THE F' UP. There are a billion people out there that want us dead. I am not talking just the USA's enemies, now we have disenfranchised citizens, gang members feeling stronger daily, mobsters looking at this recession as a business opportunity, illegal aliens, physchos. What have you. There are people in this world that want to do you harm, and you dont know when you are going to run into them or if you are ever going to. And the Ninnies that just feel that legislating for our safety will effectivley end those threats are dellusional and dreaming. I put forth that there are two big concerns I deal with in my career, the use of a WMD or small dirty bomb scenario and a school massacre like in Beslan Russia. And I tell people this in presentations, papers and discussions weekly, it is not a question of IF it will happen, it is a question of when and where. We have intelligence on these items that plans are available. Strategies have been created by people that hate us. A few minor attempts have already been thwarted. People still seem utterly blown away by this concept, and these are people that should be in the know. But the comfortbale mindset we manage to get ourselves into in the USA, nobody will screw with us here, with the addition of the liberal media blissninny speech is absolutely creating a culture of victims. Who does the bully pick on in school, the pacifist, the kid that does not know how to fight back. Who does the terrorist look to kill to intimidate governments and media, women and children, the ones least likely to fight back. So, if we create a country of government created pacifists, who is going to be there for us when the time comes? LEO, to busy doing a great job solving the crimes that are committed. Military, do you mean the guys that will be ordered to protect the governing elite, leaving the people/serfs to fend for themselves. Please see the Civil War for examples of protection given the common citizen during times of strife. Ugh... I swear when the S does HTF, I hope I have the opportunity to point out every libtard I can and use them as fodder or human shields, because that is all they are going to be good for.

These people, bliss ninny metro progressive lnteigencia, or whatever they are now, have go to face the paradox that protecting fundamental freedoms sometimes involves breaching certain freedoms. This may not sound right so let me try again... You as a libtard dont have to like it that I posses a gun that holds more then 15rds. I dont like it that you posses a mouth that can utter more then 15 words a minute of nonsense. That does not mean i have the right to shut you up. Nor do you have the right to take my gun. There... fair is fair. I might be on to something there.

This may be a suprise to some, but I am, fundamentally a lberal romantic, I believe in the heroism of the individual citizen. I think we need to looking at our culture as needing a maturity lesson. I thought 9/11 was it. I approve of liberality in the young, but lament the bashing or condemnation of pragmatism that is necessary in later years.

Soapbox dismount.... and ..... he lands it. I hope I get at least an 8 from the Russian judge.

• Like 3

Egyptian and Romanian-manufactured rounds available for wholesale purchase at $4.87 per 50-round box, or $89.97 for a 2,000-round case. Serbian-made sniper rounds went for $8.87 per box.

What? If that was for 7.62x39, That's a good deal...

P.S. The rest of the article was useless :)

I went to SHOT to gauge the mood of the firearms industry in the immediate wake of the Tucson shootings, which reenergized the national debate over gun control in America

Yea, reenergized the same tired old bunch of anti-gunners that were waiting for a tragedy to try to capitalize on.

911 was it. Its just that America has ADD so it is already forgotten....

That's because most of America cares more of what's happening in Hollywood, then what's going on in the Middle East and Africa. "Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it" (Churchill). They will all be shocked when the next attack happened and will pull their head out of their a** until the next commercial is over...

they’re better able to kill human beings in greater numbers and with more efficiency. That’s all they’re good for—not target shooting, not hunting, just killing people.

Zombies, I hunt zombies!!!