ronhonda

USPSA @ CJRPC (Jackson) 3/13/11

USPSA @ CJ on 3/13/11

You know the drill;

Show up, help out, shoot the match, tear down, hang out, and go home and ponder on your errors for the day.

If you are a new shooter be there no later than 9am and announce yourself loudly as a new shooter.

Help is always needed in building the stages, so come early if you can.

Any other questions just post them and we will try to answer them as best as we can.

Definitely going. This will be my first competition, but I took the introduction class with Col. Mortimer, so I have received the safety check from him. Am I still considered a new shooter? What about members dues? Can I join on the site, or would I be better off joining there? Do I need to become a member to shoot? Any help is appreciated :icon_redface:

Like some of the others have already said, $40 to join USPSA for the year and your 1st match is included.(also get the fantastic Front Sight magazine) You will still need to take the new shooter briefing as well. You do not necessarily need to join USPSA to shoot, but it will be $25 per match you go to and your classifiers will not count. As a member, you only pay $20 per match ($15 if you are a member of the club as well)

hehe, alex, looking forward to seeing you there.

Maks, Im gonna try my best to make it. (its my wifes bday weekend :facepalm: ) I need to be there by 9am the latest, so I gotta be out of my house by 7am. About a 1.5-2 hr drive. Getting up that early is also gonna be tough. Wish me luck!

So.....if someone could post up the scores when they are released, I would appreciate it. I just joined today, and I guess I will be getting my member number and PIN in the mail?

How did it go? How do you do? Was it fun or what?

had a good time shooting with you guy's again today..

Now Tony.....who were you? Met quite a few people today..what were you shooting?

How did it go? How do you do? Was it fun or what?

It went well. I'm not sure how I did as far as points go, I don't ENTIRELY understand how the scoring system works or how the time is factored in.....we will see when the scores are released. I was trying to make sure I get the safety down first, and try to learn the best way to plan through a course. It was DEFINITELY a lot of fun!! I will try to get to the Tenafly match next week, it is a 90 minute drive though :icon_neutral: