Sign in to follow this  
cvc14

FFID Question

I have had my FFID card since 2004 and I was living in Millstone at the time with my parents. When I got my card I had to go to the State Police since Millstone does not have a local PD.

So my question here is I have moved to Marlboro township and I have yet to get the address changed on my card. I had my dad pick up the paper work for me since I work in the city and can only pick it up Mon-Fri 8-4. He was told I will have to fill the paper work out bring it back to them and then go get fingerprinted again. They told him its like starting from the begining again. I just dont understand why i have to go and get fingerprinted again and what not since its just a change of address.

Maybe someone can shead some light on this.

It is exactly like starting over again.

Sorry to say but in this asinine state, they feel like your fingerprints change every once in a while and moving turns you into a vicious criminal so they have to check you out again.

It is exactly like starting over again.

Sorry to say but in this asinine state, they feel like your fingerprints change every once in a while and moving turns you into a vicious criminal so they have to check you out again.

Exactly! In NJ's eyes since you moved your obviously up to no good.. Good luck

I have had my FFID card since 2004 and I was living in Millstone at the time with my parents. When I got my card I had to go to the State Police since Millstone does not have a local PD.

Is this the same as a NJ Firearms Purchaser Identification Card (FPID)?

Thats insane... God living in New Jersey is GREAT

So do I need to do anything with my current firearms? I have a pistol do I need to re-permit it than or some other BS.

You don't have to do any paperwork for the firearms you already own.

From what I've heard, if your FPID is more than 2 years old they make you go through the whole ordeal again.

Its just NJs way of extorting more money from us.

Maybe these FIDs were issued before the digital prints were widespread?

Probably. Once your fingerprinted in NJ with the new system, your there forever at the click of a button. I might freak if they told me to go pay another 60 bucks so they can replace my fingerprints with the same ones... your prints do not change over time so that is probably the dumbest thing ever. I could see years ago when there was no central system, the PD's held onto your prints, so they charged you every time you went to a new PD. And apparently you need to be scanned into the system, they wont manually do it for your ink prints.

FYI- this system was introduced just a couple years ago, and some PD's just upgraded at the last minute in nov. when they were required by state. So if you never got digital prints taken then next you apply the will probably tell you to get new print taken.

So my question here is I have moved to Marlboro township and I have yet to get the address changed on my card. I had my dad pick up the paper work for me since I work in the city and can only pick it up Mon-Fri 8-4. He was told I will have to fill the paper work out bring it back to them and then go get fingerprinted again. They told him its like starting from the beginning again. I just dont understand why i have to go and get fingerprinted again and what not since its just a change of address.

Maybe someone can shed some light on this.

Like other have told you, it's like starting all over, I had to do it when I moved to Sayreville about 7 years ago to update my original card I got in the early 1980's

Another reason when I move again, it won't be within the boarders of the state of NJ, I'll make it out one of these day, really I will.

Had to edit it to 1980's becasue when I tried '8o's it gave me this 80's

Harry

So my question here is I have moved to Marlboro township and I have yet to get the address changed on my card. I had my dad pick up the paper work for me since I work in the city and can only pick it up Mon-Fri 8-4. He was told I will have to fill the paper work out bring it back to them and then go get fingerprinted again. They told him its like starting from the begining again. I just dont understand why i have to go and get fingerprinted again and what not since its just a change of address.

Maybe someone can shead some light on this.

You should not have to be re-fingerprinted by Marlboro Twp. The Hightstown Barracks has been consolidated into the Hamilton Twp. Barracks since you were originally issued. As was stated, your prints are on file and Marlboro has the ability to checks your criminal history status from the number that appears on you FID card. The check is $18 and takes a week or so thru NJSP at Division. The Hamilton barracks should be able to forward copies of your firearms information to the Marlboro PD for their edification. Not sure if starting over is a Marlboro issue but it's certainly not a state requirement. I believe there is a fee for a "change of address" processing, $5?