Sign in to follow this  
jcerillo70

Where do you guys buy your reloading stuff for so cheap?

Also a great powder (IMHO) for 45acp is Hodgon's Clays. Depending on what you are shooting, anywhere from 3.5 grains for a plinker, to 4.3 for USPSA major. (using a 200gr LSWC head)

Works well with 9mm and others.

Also what powder & recipe are you using for your .45?

Mixed brass (range pick-up, cost=free), 4.7g of Winchester Super Target (WST), Dardas 200g SWC, CCI large pistol primer. The crimp is 0.476" if my memory is correct. I don't know the OAL. The important measurement is to have about 0.30" of the bullet shoulder exposed for reliable feeding. FPS averages around 850 out of my Springfield Longslide. I am going to try Winchester Super Field (WSF) also.

Pay for brass? That's crazy talk! Why pay when people leave it behind at the range? I'm green, I recycle brass. Okay, I'm cheap.

What he said.

Anyway what really is the difference between "range" brass and once fired brass anyway? The way I figure it there are two type of shooters

reloaders - who will pick up their brass and occasionally discard a "shot out" casing

others - who buy factory ammo shoot it and leave the brass

So when I scrounge range brass the odds are really high that it has only been shot once.

1000 9mm fmj remington bullets about $100 shipped from midwayusa

titegroup powder - $20 local, no hazmat fee

primers - $30

Brass - free

I load roughly 4 grains per round to thats about so thats about $0.0114 of powder per round

bullet comes out to $0.10 per round

primers come out to $0.03 per round

add it all up and i get $0.1414 per round which comes out to about $7.07 per box of 50.

note: pay for brass...that tickles me...

I was at the range the other day. Range officer is sweeping brass and a reloader asks if he can pick some up. The range officer goes to a large bin of brass, pops the top off to reveal a full bin of spent brass and goes "RAID!". Next time ima bring a raisin scoop to the range with me

Yeah, I just pick up all my brass for free except 500 S&W magnum and my match .308 stuff.

Range brass is usually never shot out reloaded brass. Most reloaders are cheap bastards like myself whom will take the shot out brass home and add it to his scrap brass bucket :)

Yeah, I just pick up all my brass for free except 500 S&W magnum and my match .308 stuff.

Range brass is usually never shot out reloaded brass. Most reloaders are cheap bastards like myself whom will take the shot out brass home and add it to his scrap brass bucket :)

LOL! The Cheap Bastards Reloader Club. You're a true brass hog when you have a Brass Wizard. http://www.uniquetek.com/site/696296/product/T1310. Glad to see I am not the only one with a scrap brass bucket.

"Sigma thanks for link just order 1k 9mm 124gr my 92fs loves that bullet let's see how these work"

nonononono!

The key here is to buy in bulk.

MG 124 JHP's sell for $100 per 1000, or $303 per 3750. That's a savings of 2 cents each round, which adds up. Once you find a powder you like, buy at least 4 lbs of it because it's cheaper in bulk and paying $20 once for 8lbs of powder is better than $160 for 8-1bs containers separate times for hazmat. Buy primers when you buy powder, if possible buy amounts that jive together so you can continue to do this. Buying in bulk feels like you're spending a lot of dough, but it's the aspect of reloading that really makes it worthwhile financially.

If you use a program to calculate your costs be sure to add in hazmat and shipping to the values to get an accurate assessment of what this is really costing you. According to the app on my phone, each box of 9mm costs me $5.60

Buy once, cry once.

...until you need more components.

"Sigma thanks for link just order 1k 9mm 124gr my 92fs loves that bullet let's see how these work"

nonononono!

The key here is to buy in bulk.

MG 124 JHP's sell for $100 per 1000, or $303 per 3750. That's a savings of 2 cents each round, which adds up. Once you find a powder you like, buy at least 4 lbs of it because it's cheaper in bulk and paying $20 once for 8lbs of powder is better than $160 for 8-1bs containers separate times for hazmat. Buy primers when you buy powder, if possible buy amounts that jive together so you can continue to do this. Buying in bulk feels like you're spending a lot of dough, but it's the aspect of reloading that really makes it worthwhile financially.

If you use a program to calculate your costs be sure to add in hazmat and shipping to the values to get an accurate assessment of what this is really costing you. According to the app on my phone, each box of 9mm costs me $5.60

Buy once, cry once.

...until you need more components.

I think the Precision Delta are slightly cheaper than MG unless my math is off. 3750 124gr. Precision Delta works out to $288.75. These are quality FMJ.

I think the Precision Delta are slightly cheaper than MG unless my math is off. 3750 124gr. Precision Delta works out to $288.75. These are quality FMJ.

You're talking FMJs, but I mentioned JHPs. The MG JHPs come out to about $80 per k while Precision Delta JHPs cost $84 per k. Either way it's just personal preference and even paying $95 per k would be far cheaper than buying new ammo.