Sign in to follow this  
usnmars

My new acquisition from the CMP trip

Here she is, my new M1D from the CMP. It is 100% original including scope, cheek pad, and flash hider. I didn't lace up the cheek pad yet, but will get to it tomorrow. Here it is, a Springfield M1D that was built on a 5 digit serial number receiver.

side1.jpg

side2.jpg

sn.jpg

First off the pictures don't do this gun justice. I just saw this gun an hour ago and it's sooooooo much nicer in person that it is on the internet. The wood looks absolutely gorgeous in person.

And no offense mipafox, but asking to see a D without a cheekpad is like asking to see a classic 69 yenko without the original motor. ya just don't do it

come on the next trip. I think it is going to be in the summer. get enough people, find someone with an SUV and all pile in and pay for gas.

Eh, maybe. Have been trying to weasel a trip to Benning for a couple days to get to the South store. Really, it may be about the same, figure fly to ATL early, drive out I-20 to Anniston,

3 hrs, maybe, pick your stuff out and either check it or ship it. Assuming you aren't buying a ton of ammo, just a rifle or 3.

No, I haven't put it on paper yet. I brought it out, shot a clip or 2 just to check function and then put it away. I go to work tomorrow and when I get back I am going to the range by myself and sighting it in. EPIC FAIL!