I went down to Florida last year and bought an empty lot to build a house on in a few years. The price was right so I bought it. Driving around I saw a guns shop / range so I stopped in. I talked to the guy at the counter and found out I could get a Florida Non resident CCW. So this year I signed up for the CCW class at that store/range, drove to a regional center the next day and got my application and fingerprints done. That was March 31. Today I got My Florida CCW in the mail. LESS THAN TWO WEEKS.

In NJ my Handgun Permit took over 45 days. Just so I can buy a handgun. How different the State of New Jersey is than other states when it comes to guns and resident's right. We really have none here.

I went down to Florida last year and bought an empty lot to build a house on in a few years. The price was right so I bought it. Driving around I saw a guns shop / range so I stopped in. I talked to the guy at the counter and found out I could get a Florida Non resident CCW. So this year I signed up for the CCW class at that store/range, drove to a regional center the next day and got my application and fingerprints done. That was March 31. Today I got My Florida CCW in the mail. LESS THAN TWO WEEKS.

In NJ my Handgun Permit took over 45 days. Just so I can buy a handgun. How different the State of New Jersey is than other states when it comes to guns and resident's right. We really have none here.

Well THAT just pisses me off. I submitted my app on 2/16 and I have not got mine yet...

I applied 12/14 and just got my stuff on 04/05 so I feel your pain. NJ is one of the few states that's been able to completely limit or slow down the ownership of guns and build a fear of firearms within the residents. I have alot of friends that are anti gun just because they simply have never even seen one in person and just think they are dangerous. No Ifs Ands or Buts about it, they just listen to what they hear on the news and media and they develop an opinion without educating themselves on the subject. The key to changing this states views is education and awareness of firearms.

45 days really isn't that bad when you consider that some of us here have waited 3 months to up to over a year.

Well THAT just pisses me off. I submitted my app on 2/16 and I have not got mine yet...

I just called FL and mine is in line waiting to be processed. It's taking 6 - 8 weeks and I submitted on 2/25. The customer service rep said that their telephone system will let you know if it has been mailed. Right now mine says it has been received and is in process. Update the FL CCW tracking Thread with your statistics. http://njgunforums.c..._80#entry312795