Sign in to follow this  
tuktuk

Interesting rifle

Doesn't seem like anything special to me, if he doesnt have paperwork to justify it was really in a movie then it's just a fable to me. Heck if that's the case my 91/30 was in the movie "Batman Begins"

Also $25 for NJ State registration? Is that another method for a quick buck? That should be irrelevant if the buyer is in another state.

That is not the M91/30 from the movie. The scope mount is made by ATI, and it has a scout scope on the rail. The rear leaf had to be removed to put the rail so any value it had IF it were EVEN in the movie was lost at that point. I hate people that pull scams like this. Claim it was in a movie, post pics of it and its completely wrong in every aspect.

Everything else is fine, but the scope and mount are not period in any way.

What a scam , also he failed to mention in his marketing pitch that the rifle has real human blood rust on the rifle.

I would only pay the money he`s asking for Simo Hayha`s Mosin and then donate it to some museum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_H%C3%A4yh%C3%A4

Can we pull a /4/ chan on him and ask all kinds of penetrating questions? Then ask for additional pictures so he has to put a lot of extra work into trying to sell his scam? Then, nobody bids and the thing never sees an offer above $1.

I'm just saying......social justice ain't just for the movies.

HINT:

First inquiry should be vague and not too terribly excited or complementary. Subsequent questions should get increasingly more excited about its "uniquness" and ask for more and more difficult photos/information or asking him to make isht up to embellish/support the story and justify its price.

Edited to Add:

I think he just built this POS scam off of stuff he bought from gunbroker:

Stripper Clip

Scope

I can't find the Mosin in his feedback, but I suspect it's from the things that are too old to queue back up.

Can we pull a /4/ chan on him and ask all kinds of penetrating questions? Then ask for additional pictures so he has to put a lot of extra work into trying to sell his scam? Then, nobody bids and the thing never sees an offer above $1.

I'm just saying......social justice ain't just for the movies.

HINT:

First inquiry should be vague and not too terribly excited or complementary. Subsequent questions should get increasingly more excited about its "uniquness" and ask for more and more difficult photos/information or asking him to make isht up to embellish/support the story and justify its price.

Edited to Add:

I think he just built this POS scam off of stuff he bought from gunbroker:

Stripper Clip

Scope

I can't find the Mosin in his feedback, but I suspect it's from the things that are too old to queue back up.

I like this idea! Here is what I wrote to him.

"Hey that is a really remarkable find. It is really unusual to find one with the original scope. Does it have any paperwork authenticating it?"

Ah, I feel better:

This is astonishing. A find of a lifetime for sure. Any further details on how this piece of history fell into your hands? Clearly the price is justifiable, infact it's reserve price is almost insulting it's true value and in the collectors market it holds much much more value.

I even looked into the movie to confirm it's validity and without question Ben Affleck does in fact display the rifle numerous times during the movie with a good image of it at 35:20 into the movie. I'm keeping a close eye on this gem and plan to put a high bid to make it mine. Talk soon once I win it!

I got some updated photos, as well.

Anyone that know Mosins know how "rare" this rifle is?

I want to force him to take it apart. What part might be difficult to get to, but might, somehow be relevant to a future purchaser?

Perhaps I want a clear photo of the firing pin removed from the trigger assembly?

post-1718-0-04577800-1302738622_thumb.jpg

post-1718-0-67320600-1302738627_thumb.jpg

Good point. Were any original mosins that had scopes top mounted?

No. The rifles were drilled and tapped on the side and had the mount screwed in that way. The original scope was only 4x magnification, but the newer ones that came out about half way through Stalingrad were 5 or 6x magnification.