gkbarr

Somerset county. Hello. Help

Hi guys. Lurked for a while. I'm anticipating getting a call from my pd to pick up my fid and pp. I was finger printed(morphoed) march 29 and submitted everything the sameday and as of now, neither of my references have been contacted, nor myself. I've called once. I'm afraid to call again because I don't want to seem too pushy/eager to get my guns or piss the guy off and get rejected.

Anyway. Saying hey, and asking for advice.

Looking at a 1911, Sr9c, g19. I want to buy them all over the 3 months after my issuance.

Welcome, how are you?

As Krdksrk said, it's most likely going to take longer. And when I say longer, it can be 3 weeks or it can be 9 weeks. It all depends.

Just be patient and in the mean time, start saving up more money for ammo and magazines. I'd suggest starting to buy ammo now as prices are increasing.

Looking at a 1911, Sr9c, g19. I want to buy them all over the 3 months after my issuance.

1911 - classic. Everyone should own one. The better question is - "From what manufacturer?" And that is as likely to start a flame war as asking what pistol caliber is better.

SR9C and G-19 sorta fall in the same niche. I would go with a G-17 over G-19. In that case it kinda makes sense to stick with the same platform for the compact so I would go with a G-26 over SR9C.

Hi guys. Lurked for a while. I'm anticipating getting a call from my pd to pick up my fid and pp. I was finger printed(morphoed) march 29 and submitted everything the sameday and as of now, neither of my references have been contacted, nor myself. I've called once. I'm afraid to call again because I don't want to seem too pushy/eager to get my guns or piss the guy off and get rejected.

Anyway. Saying hey, and asking for advice.

Welcome to the Forums!!!

I started with a G19 since it is easier to conceal carry and the 9mm ammo is less expensive while I am learning and practicing at the range. It also has some great home defense ammo available. Next would be a G21 or 1911 in .45ACP. On the G21 I can drop in a 10mm barrel/magazine and shoot both .45ACP and 10mm calibers with one gun.

I started with a G19 since it is easier to conceal carry

Does that matter since we live in NJ and can't conceal carry?

On the G21 I can drop in a 10mm barrel/magazine and shoot both .45ACP and 10mm calibers with one gun.

I have done this with a G-35 and a 9mm conversion barrel. The only way I was able to get full reliability was by also swapping the extractor and the ejector to the appropriate caliber. I would assume this will hold even more so for .40 vs .45.

Does that matter since we live in NJ and can't conceal carry?

I have done this with a G-35 and a 9mm conversion barrel. The only way I was able to get full reliability was by also swapping the extractor and the ejector to the appropriate caliber. I would assume this will hold even more so for .40 vs .45.

Some can conceal carry in NJ. Many NJ residents can conceal carry in other states.

No extractor or ejector changes are needed on the G21 going to 10mm so I am told.

Some can conceal carry in NJ. Many NJ residents can conceal carry in other states.

No extractor or ejector changes are needed on the G21 going to 10mm so I am told.

Told by whom? Did whoever tell it to you actually tried it? For how many rounds? Did they have any malfunctions?

My 40-9 conversion will also work with just a barrel swap. Or rather mostly work - with the actual number of malfunctions depending on the ammo used. I have not been able to get through 5-10 mags without a malfunction. I do not consider that working. With extractor and ejector swap it runs like a glock.

Wow. This is a friendly forum. I'm glad.

I'm leaning very strongly towards a Sig ss 1911. I've handled it. I love it. Ive researched it, and I think that's my choice. I like it.

I know the debate between sr9c and 19. The sr9c falls in between the 19 and 26, size wise. The 4th gen 19 fits me very well with a full pinky on the grip, I find the 17 too fat for my liking. I like that the Sr9c shares a 1911 style grip, and is 9mm. Sort of the bridge between the 1911 and 19 in that it feels like a 1911 but is closer to the size of a 19 and is clambered in 9mm. The Glock is likely to be my last purchase, so I may decide I don't want it, or perhaps a different model.

But given what is required in Nj to purchase handguns, I just want to secure a few that cover a few broad bases, and live with them for a while to shape my opinion.

I've only shot a compact khar. I Cannot recall the caliber, but I remember thinking that it would be easier to control if I had a pinky on it. So that's something that is important to me for now.

Told by whom? Did whoever tell it to you actually tried it? For how many rounds? Did they have any malfunctions?

My 40-9 conversion will also work with just a barrel swap. Or rather mostly work - with the actual number of malfunctions depending on the ammo used. I have not been able to get through 5-10 mags without a malfunction. I do not consider that working. With extractor and ejector swap it runs like a glock.

I have been chatting with several folks over on the Glock forum. So far they have indicated that a drop-in 10mm, aftermarket conversion barrel is recommended and a G20 mag change is required and are the minimum requirements to shoot 10mm caliber ammo with the G21/G21SF pistol. Many find that is all they need. Some find that extraction is erratic, with the occasional FTE or brass flung all about which is solved by replacing the G21 .45 extractor with an extractor for a G20 or G29 10mm pistol. All the Glock .45 ACP and 10mm pistols use the same ejector (8196-2) so that's not an issue for the conversion. I am still researching this conversion but the G21 seems like my next choice.

Welcome, as other have said don't bet on the 30 days for them to do your paperwork, more times than not it takes longer. There is one who mentioned it and I just did it, what you hit the 31st day waiting, put 10 bucks aside and keep doing it daily until you get your paperwork, can make that first purchase a little easier.

Anther thing I do is check with my references, see if they have either been contacted or received and mailed back anything they have received. If they have I normally give it a week past when they were contacted or returned the information and call the PD and just do a polite checkup to make sure your references got back to them. I'll also at that time I will inquire hows everything going and if something comes up you can combat that ASAP.

Never had to get into the "Well it's supposed to be 30 day's" thing, and even when it may have take a little longer than normal it doesn't drag on forever, I have actually got into BS'ing with them on the phone. Not sure if any of this really helped but I haven't been delayed like some of the stories you will hear for the folks here.

Harry

Received my FID and P2P today. Only took 124 days and a call to prompt action every step of the way. First to mail out references, then to check them, then to verify references, then to make them look and find my file "buried under a bunch of other peoples stuff". Applied for three P2P, And I only received one P2P. Anyway. Not a problem that cant be solved. I expect to be a regular now.