24 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think I will finally get my pistol permits?

• One to Two Weeks Wait
    • One to Two Months Wait
    • Three to Six Months Wait
    • Six to Nine Months Wait
    • Another Year Wait
    • When Jesus Comes Back
    • When the Sun goes Super Novae

I waited 120 days for my initial FPID and pistol permits and finally got them in December of 2009. I applied in march/april/may or so of 2010 for a second batch.

So now that I have been waiting a year to over a year for my second set of pistol permits: I think we should turn this into a game. When do you think I will finally get my pistol permits? how long will it take for the next batch? or better yet what else do you think my town will throw at me to prolong the process this or next time (things of which they have decided to only tell me about every so often lol)? They do not care about lawyers (used a lawyer the first time) lol it is part of their "investigative process".

Here is the list of nonsense to get pistol permits apparently since New Years 2010 if you want to laugh:

1. STS-033 << Required by state which is fine

2. STS-066 << Required by state which is fine

3. "We are only open 12pm to 3pm Monday through Friday"

IE I have to drive 3 hours to NJ and get there during that time to take care of any of the things they request.

4. Multiple "Interdepartment" forms

5. Colour copy of my driver's license

6. Colour copy of my passport

7. Copy of immigration papers even though I was born in said town and I am a citizen

They would not process my application without this and I had to get NJSP to kick them in the a** and tell them otherwise.

8. The Reference Game

I have had to give them new references multiple times. Everyone of these trusted references had absolutely no problem with what they were being used as a reference for. They required me to submit a new app just to change the reference. They finally stopped this bs once I had my reference there in person when I submitted the new application AND had my reference hand deliver their questionaire after they received it.

9. The Department of Homeland Security Background Check << They are currently on this step

No idea what this one is.

If we add up all of the time I have spent waiting for the first and second batch so far that is about 485-515 physical days WOOOOOHOOOO!!!! I really find this beyond stupid as I got my FFL03 to collect curios & relics firearms in about 45 days from the day I mailed in my application. So the federal government trusts me to buy curios & relics pistols/rifles/shotguns/etc anywhere in the CONUS+Alaska+Hawaii without a NICS Check because I have been vetted but I cannot buy pistols in my own state because my town does not want to issue me my gddamn permits? Oh the irony...

This is the game you should play : THE LAWYER GAME

Did you all not read my post? :p

They do not care about lawyers or contact from lawyers telling them about the laws. I threatened last time to hire a lawyer, they did not give two shits, told me "Cool Story Bro" and nothing changed. I hired a lawyer, they did not give two shits and nothing changed. I had to play their game last time as well lawyer or not. Multiple lawyers have admitted that I would have to fill out or go along with any thing else they requested for their "investigative" process (interdepartment forms, etc, etc) and that the entire process can be held up by references because of that ruling (which is bs). Plainfield really does not care if they receive a fax with a letterhead or multiple phone calls from a lawyers' office or not lol.

Wow - they need to be smote with an expensive lawsuit.

My mistake. I should've read more carefully.Maybe your lawyer didn't exhaust all your options.

At this point I am not sure what I am going to do legal wise. I am still deciding. I am not sure if it makes any sense for me to personally invest minimum 10-15K USD to sue Plainfield/UnionCounty/NJSP/AG/New Jersey. What is that? effectively spending 20-30K for 10-15K usd worth of firearms (since you would be spending that on guns or whatever else instead) because of legal fees? I keep debating this with myself. Even if the gun laws were great, I would still not see myself being in this state long term (this state has way more other issues outside of firearms that turn me off).

Especially since this is about pistol permits. It would make more sense to use that to sue for being denied a AW License (since this is the only way to have firearms that are otherwise banned as well as STANDARD magazines) and get rid of the AWB/Mag Cap or have the licenses shall issue. Who knows. I think I am just at the point where I am tired of this constant bs. This is not the only issue concerning firearms that I am having (so multiply that original minimum 10-15K by three lawsuits). It is just constant bs. The AG Office does not care. New Jersey State Police does not care. Union County does not care. Plainfield does not care.

I think I have contacted just about anyone high level (sans the governor) I can about the issues concerning firearms that other people and I are having (not just pistol permits) and it just seems like no one cares that we are trying to do everything legally and we are being shafted by a skyscraper lol. You would think people would be glad that citizens are trying to do stuff the legal way, especially Plainfield. You would think Plainfield would care that I am going the legal way to get firearms instead of going to Tyrone selling black market guns on 2nd and 3rd Street.

I think I am going to write an extremely long letter to the governor as this is out of control (even if I do get my permits within the next week). I am tired of being shafted by going through the legal process to acquire and posses firearms as the enforcers of the law are not doing their part. If that does not work I guess my last options are: find some other people who are serious about wanting to collectively sue who are experiencing the same issues and/or are tired of the unconstitutional bs that New Jersey is doing (not likely) or move to Texas (Colorado, etc) once I have fulfilled any commitments I have in New Jersey. Good thing I do not own property in this gddamn state or I would definitely be stuck here for a long time.

I apologize for the rant but I just needed to vent.

Did you all not read my post? :p

Sorry.................must have missed the lawyer part............Early Alzheimer's onset or just plain ol ADDdash1.gif

You are by the way completely right about :

(this state has way more other issues outside of firearms that turn me off).

Seriously this would be enough alone to make me move. How long I have waited here is a good 60% of why I want to move from WO. You are policed by some terrible people. Anyone that would treat a person they are supposed to serve like this is not worthy of their position. If they are willing to "interpret" (not follow, ignore, break...) this law what other laws that you count on will they treat the same?

• Like 1

I say 3 weeks top.

Click the Pic

header-prosecutor1.png

Phone Number: 908-527-4500

Fax: 908-289-1267

Address: 32 Rahway Avenue, Elizabeth, New Jersey 07202

E-mail: [email protected]

Special Prosecutions Unit

The Special Prosecutions Unit conducts investigations and prosecutions of “white collar” crimes, offenses against public administration, election law violations, welfare fraud and violations of the Open Public Meetings Act. Many economic crimes involve complex financial matters which may implicate acts of extortion, bribery, kickbacks, payoffs, bid rigging, embezzlement and other deceptive practices.

The Unit is also charged with the responsibility of investigating and prosecuting crimes which involve misconduct by those in a position of public trust. The subjects of these matters may include elected or appointed public officials as well as law enforcement officers who misuse their positions and attorneys who misappropriate the funds of their clients.

• Like 1

I say 3 weeks top.

Click the Pic

header-prosecutor1.png

Phone Number: 908-527-4500

Fax: 908-289-1267

Address: 32 Rahway Avenue, Elizabeth, New Jersey 07202

E-mail: [email protected]

I think I tried them already but I will try that specific department on Monday thanks.