vladtepes

Went exploring PA this weekend while there for family gathering..

it is catawissa bloomsburg area.. and I love it more than I can convey to you.. even the air is different if you can believe that..

observations...

people there appear to make less money.. but everything is SUBSTANTIALLY cheaper..

people do not find it odd that you are openly walking around with a gun.. its viewed as normally as carrying a cell phone..

15 minutes in any direction gets you somewhere different.. and even if you live deep in the woods you can get to really developed areas in 20 - 45 minutes again in each direction...

they have tons of little mom and pop shopping districts that were busy when I was there..

people are friendly.. not that everyone here is mean... they are not.. but like even the drivers and all were less aggressive.. which is odd because I always found PA drivers to be horrible.. but that is likely because we get a lot of philadelphia people where I live..

as far as the camera it is a d80 with a pretty standard lens... they are lightly edited.. cropped.. LIGHT contrast adjustments.. but that is it.. no sharpening or anything.. one or two had heavy editing.. removing a truck.. and the other as power line removal..

I love it there.. it is indescribable..

That one with the modern log home and green barn storage house/workshop. That's exactly what I want, minus the powerlines, and perhaps a little more wooded area...

Work and family keeps me anchored here in the PRNJ... as I'm sure lots of people are in the same situation.

That one with the modern log home and green barn storage house/workshop. That's exactly what I want, minus the powerlines, and perhaps a little more wooded area...

Work and family keeps me anchored here in the PRNJ... as I'm sure lots of people are in the same situation.

I said that a million times.. then I lost my job.. crazy how something can make you completely rethink things..

The area looks nice.

I grew up "25 minutes from anywhere". I would probably appreciate it more now, but back then, it really stunk. My closest friends lived 4 miles away...so before I could drive it was always ride.

I was able to shoot guns anywhere. I trapped and hunted in the fields and woods next to the house. I could rev my Race car at midnight after bolting it together and only dad would yell at me.'

There's value to everything. If I lived in rat race NJ my whole life, I would probably appreciate it much more.

it is catawissa bloomsburg area.. and I love it more than I can convey to you.. even the air is different if you can believe that..

observations...

people there appear to make less money.. but everything is SUBSTANTIALLY cheaper..

people do not find it odd that you are openly walking around with a gun.. its viewed as normally as carrying a cell phone..

15 minutes in any direction gets you somewhere different.. and even if you live deep in the woods you can get to really developed areas in 20 - 45 minutes again in each direction...

they have tons of little mom and pop shopping districts that were busy when I was there..

people are friendly.. not that everyone here is mean... they are not.. but like even the drivers and all were less aggressive.. which is odd because I always found PA drivers to be horrible.. but that is likely because we get a lot of philadelphia people where I live..

as far as the camera it is a d80 with a pretty standard lens... they are lightly edited.. cropped.. LIGHT contrast adjustments.. but that is it.. no sharpening or anything.. one or two had heavy editing.. removing a truck.. and the other as power line removal..

I love it there.. it is indescribable..

Good stuff nearby, Knoebels Amusement park in Elysburg. Great old fashioned park. Not invaded by wild people from City of New York (LOL, sorry) like Six Flags. Buy tickets - go on ride - no million dollar daily fee. Friendly people for sure.

Also Valley Gun Club ( and country club) down the road - don't know much about it. What a combo - golf and guns!!

my fiance actually took a lot of those pictures also.. we really had a great time.. weather was really nice also..

Almost thought I recognized a few of the places, but in PA a lot of the places look like that, but when I checked, I realized it's about 10 miles from my buddies house just outside Numedia and I probably have rode my bike through that area a time or 3. Actually the next time I am out there will be 2 weeks from now at the Numedia race track for the AHDRA races for the weekend. Get to set the tent up on the pit area with all the racers for the weekend and BS and watch the races with a few friends. Very nice area, I enjoy visiting that part of PA.

Harry

Up north it's because they're all ex Jerseyians and have an hour and a half commute to and from work each way.