Sign in to follow this  
joshg138

Beretta CX4 Storm question

I'm looking at a CX4 storm on Gunbroker, but it comes with some extended mags and the barrel shroud. I have 2 questions about this.

1) Is the barrel shroud legal in NJ?

2) Obviously, I know I can't take possession of the mags. But as long as I clear it with my FFL first, can I can have the mags shipped to the FFL?

Thanks for the help everyone

Barrel shroud is fine in Jersey.

Sometimes 'extended' magazines are 15rders, but 15 are legal in NJ so what size are they? Honestly if I were you, I would ask that the mags stay with the seller and you ask for a couple bucks off the price. Pinning them and all that sounds like a headache, it's much easier just buying a bunch of mags seperately.

If by extended magazines, you mean the magazines have the beretta extended base pads installed, I dont believe you would be able to take possession of them during the transfer without them being permanently modified to only accept 15 rounds. This is an easy fix in that case, if one has the standard base pads. I dont know what the protocol would be with possession of the actual extended base pads, because it may be viewed as constructive intent.

It is a 9mm Storm and the seller is in Texas. I didn't ask yet, but given the caliber & location, I'd be pretty sure if they are 15 or under. I'm waiting to hear from the seller about the mag capacities.

ah well good luck with it!

If by extended magazines, you mean the magazines have the beretta extended base pads installed, I dont believe you would be able to take possession of them during the transfer without them being permanently modified to only accept 15 rounds. This is an easy fix in that case, if one has the standard base pads. I dont know what the protocol would be with possession of the actual extended base pads, because it may be viewed as constructive intent.

if youre referring to the rubber base pad, as comes standard with the tactical elite pistol, they are NOT extended or hi-cap mags. theyre regular 15rnd mags with a rubber pad on the bottom, which is removable and compatible with any beretta mag.

I think Ron at Legacy Firearms still has a CX4 in .45ACP for sale. They are cool rifles, shot a lot of rounds thru the 9mm version. I have enough rifles (well, out of room in the safe for more) so I didn't buy it.

Honestly, I found the Saiga 7.62x39 rifles a lot more fun and a lot cheaper to shoot, unless you get the Berretta in 9mm, then the cost per shot is pretty close. The Saiga rifles are still a lot cheaper though.

Honestly, I found the Saiga 7.62x39 rifles a lot more fun and a lot cheaper to shoot, unless you get the Berretta in 9mm, then the cost per shot is pretty close. The Saiga rifles are still a lot cheaper though.

Completely different type of rifle. I have a Saiga in 7.62x39, and it's a great rifle. I have a lot of fun shooting it. However, the CX4 is a completely different gun.....and a it's probably going to be my next purchase.

• Like 3

Completely different type of rifle. I have a Saiga in 7.62x39, and it's a great rifle. I have a lot of fun shooting it. However, the CX4 is a completely different gun.....and a it's probably going to be my next purchase.

That's exactly where I'm at too. I have a MAK-90, so I'm holding off on picking up a a Saiga. I have plenty of 9mm lying around, so the CX4 in 9mm wouldn't be too expensive to shoot..

That's exactly where I'm at too. I have a MAK-90, so I'm holding off on picking up a a Saiga. I have plenty of 9mm lying around, so the CX4 in 9mm wouldn't be too expensive to shoot..

also.. in regards to a home defense situation in a populated environment.. there is a lot to be said for a handgun caliber carbine that is extremely light and easy to point.. mine has a short sling and a flashlight mount... and is in 40s&w.. I find the gun incredibly easy to point... accurate.. I hit steel all day with the factory sights at 100 yards.. also the gun is very easy to maneuver...

A bullpup carbine would be damn nice, however the CX4 is already a great weapon. As people have said, it's accurate up to the distances that a pistol caliber carbine is meant to shoot at, it's light, it points very easily, it already comes in a small package, and it accepts the same magazines as some other Beretta pistols....honestly I couldn't ask for more, it's definitely on my short list.

the storm balances really well in it's natural configuration, and as stated is VERY light, short, and small.. oddly after operating the weapon the ONLY change I would make is the opposite of what you are after.. I actually wish the magwell was more forward.. I prefer the magazine further forward as for me it makes magazine changes faster.. I have never really had a ton of luck changing magazines quickly on a bullpup type design.. but my experience with that system is very limited.. maybe with some practice..