Zed's_Dead

Really Verizon?

The phones in my law office have been down all day. I called Verizon this morning and was told someone would be out by 1pm. Well, 1pm came and went and when I called back, I was told there's a "group" problem and it won't be fixed until 11PM SATURDAY!!!! Gee, I wonder how many client's I'll lose between now and then when they get a monkeyfighting busy signal for an entire week?!?!?!?!?!?!

Get a supervisor and tell them you are going to make a bpu complaint for the lack of service, sometimes this works as their penalties can be stiff. However, these days, I dont think VZ cares at all. My VZ bill was tracking around 34k a month. I could not get service from them, period. I have it straight out of high up scources at VZ that if you arent a customer tracking in the mill a year territory, they have made a concious decision to ignore you! I kicked VZ out the door and replaced them country wide.

Our internet is with Comcast...I'm on the phonewith them trying to see if they can set up service before Saturday.

Tried to talk to a supervisor...phone just rang and rang and rang for 10 minutes....twice.

I picture myself like Tom the cat from Tom & Jerry right now...my head if turning red staring from the chin up and steam is about blow out my ears!

Get a supervisor and tell them you are going to make a bpu complaint for the lack of service, sometimes this works as their penalties can be stiff. However, these days, I dont think VZ cares at all. My VZ bill was tracking around 34k a month. I could not get service from them, period. I have it straight out of high up scources at VZ that if you arent a customer tracking in the mill a year territory, they have made a concious decision to ignore you! I kicked VZ out the door and replaced them country wide.

$34k a month...they don't give a crap about me then. My bill is under a grand a month.

Several years ago our local PD was receiving spontaneously generated 911 / hang-up calls from our number. Happened four times within a 48 hr period, with the police responding each time. I disconnected all lines at the junction box and it still occurred. I called Verizon after the first and reported it. After the second time I called back and asked for a supervisor - it only escalated from there. I was so frustrated trying to get her to understand that these false alarms and the police response had an impact on public safety, that I finally hung-up in disgust.

I went on the BPU's website, got the chairman's name and figured out how their e-mail addresses were structured. Wrote him a long letter detailing the situation (this was a Sunday evening). I got a call from Verizon the following morning and they were quoting from my letter to the BPU. It got fixed that day.

Switching to Vonage was one of the smartest moves I made - just wish I'd done it sooner.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Customer service is dead. My mom bought my Poppop (her father) a new freezer to replace the 5 year old one which crapped out on him. Bestbuy was supposed to pick up the old appliance. Well they never showed up. My mom called them later and asked what happened, to find out that they came to OUR house, and no one was home. So we tell them that they would have to go to my grandfather's house, less than a mile away, and we reschedule. This morning, while getting ready for work, Bestbuy's guys come by to collect the old appliance. I had to keep explaining to them that THIS IS NOT THE HOUSE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR, and told them the simple directions on how to get to my Poppop's house (Literally drive two blocks, make a right, and drive straight for 5 blocks). I then get a call from best buy, asking if they were supposed to go to a different location. I told them yes, gave them address, etc. I then call my poppop, and let him know they are on their way.

Fourty-five minutes later Poppop calls me telling me that they aren't there, and as far as I know, they never did show up.

Funny thing is, even the delivery of the new fridge is taking longer than expected, we were expecting it around June 2 or so, we now found out that it won't be here until June 22, or June 28th, around that time frame.

Sorry to hear about that man.

I did the phone system with Optimum when I was in Marlboro, was not bad for $30 a line. Moving to princeton, Comcast was tooo damn expensive. ended up getting just internet from them, and have 5 lines with Fonality. They did a sweet deal, prepay for a year, get a year free. woot woot. $24 a line too. all the phone features.

Had some issues bringing over the old numbers, however everything is good now. Only downside, the service is as good as your internet connection. If you dont have that, no phone service. On the plus side, it does roll over to mobile which is good. Other caveat... no landline fax. Have to use an efax service.

Verizon service blows big time. My father and I had an appointment for them to set up our landline at our house, they gave us a 4 hour window that they would show up, and my father took off from work for the day. Verizon never showed up. We called up, b*tched at some peon, and set up a second appointment....another 4 hour window. I was waiting for them to show this time. The 4 hour window passed, they didn't show. They pulled up 15 minutes after the window they gave us, I didn't answer the door. We called them up, told them to eff themselves.

A month later, we received a bill for the service they NEVER SHOWED UP FOR. We called up, furious as all hell, and some rep told us that it wasn't a bill but some kind of invoice.....however we didn't owe them any money. A month later, another bill shows up. We called up, again, furious as all hell. The rep "fixed the problem". A month later, we get a letter from a collection agency :banghead:

I had a similar problem with verizon, both my home line and a business line I have in my house went down about two months ago. Took a while to get a live person on the phone to report the outage, then the told us it will be about 4 days to fix it. The next day at my office (where the home business line was forwarded) I get an automated message saying they fixed the problem, but there was still no dial tone. After another while on the phone to get someone to fix the problem they again tell us it will be 4 days to repair it. After 3 or 4 days they came out to fix it, it worked for about a week and went out again, and again it took 3 or 4 days to repair it.

We switched to Optimum about two weeks ago for less money and are not looking back.

Once the lines are back up, I'll be switching too. Just found out that some construction workers at the new Super Wawa caddy corner to my office dug up the phone line. :icon_evil:

the line getting dug up has nothing to do with Verizon. To repair it, all the lines need to be traced on the cabling. Not and easy fix and the same thing can happen with any provider

verizon wont support copper lines as they are trying to force everyone towards fiber.. go to comcast and eliminate most headaches.

I have comcast and have a lot of headaches. They don't care much for their customers.

It's not the fact that the line got dug up that pissed me off. It was the casual attitude of the customer service reps that, oh well, your business that provides food and shelter for your family will be without phone service for a week. It wasn't until I made a stink that they offered to forward the numbers for free for me. Why not do that immediately for everyone affected by the outage?

I will never give a penny to Verizon anymore. When I lived in Lodi , I had static in my lines and it took them over a year to fix it!!! This one technician came over completely killed the phone line and it took over a month for them to come back out to give me back my staticy line. This went on and on. Many missed appointments and poor customer service. Everyone swears by FIOS and I say the same thing to people. FIOS is good IF you dont have a problem. If you do..good luck and please don't tell me that FIOS has no problems. I have heard horror stories about it.

After 3 recent Verizon home line failures, each of which took 5-7 days for them to repair (somewhere in the line, nowhere near our house because we never saw the repairmen) I finally gave up and went to Comcast, adding Xfinity phone service to my cable/internet.

The funny thing is that I went from (standard def TV + internet) to (HD TV + internet + phone) and my Comcast bill dropped $20 a month...

I use comcast and the grass isn't greener.

I had an issue at the house that was an outside plant issue, nothing local at all. The closed the ticket several times for nobody home when the work didn't need to be done at my house. 13 days I was without service and got a $20 credit when my bill is 200 a month. I've had to make presidential complaints to get thing resolved. My modem resets everyday because the they can't handle the traffic in my area or their network can't support the amount of traffic in my area.

recently:

call up to get my plan updated and I'm told they are offering the same plan. get the bill and it's $15 more a month. Call up and I'm told that I am lucky.....

jus saying. grass isn't always greener

I have had no luck with Verizon either. Mom (who I live with) has always had Verizon in the house despite the many issues that they have caused and made worse. I dread calling them to fix things because usually they make the situation worse and I have 2 to 3 trucks in front of my house for each visit. Mom got Verizon for our two phone lines and the internet we have (DSL). Basically the tech told us each time that we should upgrade to Vios but what I don't understand is that if they can't fix a much less complex system why should we go to Vios that's more complex and more than likely more difficult to fix.

Bry@n I wish you worked in my area because the techs that I've had come to my house couldn't find the difference between their a** and a hole in the ground. I've had several techs here and each time they "fix" the problem with either the phones or the internet and it works for a few days and then it goes back out again. When we get bad storms...we're screwed because the wires get wet outside the house and it screws up the connection. I've only been able to go 6 months without a tech here at the house before another problem arose.

I don't like VIOS because I like a hardline telephone in the event of an emergency. Dealing with 911 on a cell or cable phone line takes too much time ( I know because I'm in the business of emergency management and deal with this issues for clients). I work out of the home so when our phones or the internet goes down I'm out of business. Verizon does not care at all. I might not have revenue in the millions but every dollar I make is important to me.

I too had asked Verizon to forward our calls to our cell phone but because we have AT&T for cell phone it was not an easy task. Our home phone lines do not have long distance and for some strange reason when we had long distance callers calling us they were getting a message that they needed to input a pin number into the phone...this shouldn't happen unless we try to dial a long distance number from our phones.

I had AT&T in 3 other states and they were a little better but not much. I wanted to have my bills debit from my checking account and bundled...well that took 6 months to set up over the phone and it took several phone calls each several hours long. ( I have no clue why but each person I spoke with was slower and less bright than the person before them.) Then when I went to disconnect the service they disconnected the service a week early and left me without service and a way to reach anyone.

Now here in NJ we have Cablevision for our cable TV and I am not impressed with them either. I know they offer internet phone service but I don't want that because of the emergency issues. I have an HDTV and Mom has a regular TV...both have had reception issues and it takes forever for them to get fixed. Cable TV is non customer service oriented and I have threatened to leave them several times for outages due to faulty equipment. I have yet to go 1 week in the last year that I haven't experienced at least a few hours of no service.

I don't think there is any green grass in either the phone, cable TV or internet market.

I don't like VIOS because I like a hardline telephone in the event of an emergency. Dealing with 911 on a cell or cable phone line takes too much time ( I know because I'm in the business of emergency management and deal with this issues for clients).

The other day, when I had occasion to dial 911, I had totally forgotten that I had switched to VOIP (Vonage, to be specific) and everything worked as it should - it was seamless. When I signed-up for Vonage there is something they do about 911 service - whatever it is, it apparently works well. Just my experience with one company.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I have had no luck with Verizon either. Mom (who I live with) has always had Verizon in the house despite the many issues that they have caused and made worse. I dread calling them to fix things because usually they make the situation worse and I have 2 to 3 trucks in front of my house for each visit. Mom got Verizon for our two phone lines and the internet we have (DSL). Basically the tech told us each time that we should upgrade to Vios but what I don't understand is that if they can't fix a much less complex system why should we go to Vios that's more complex and more than likely more difficult to fix.

Bry@n I wish you worked in my area because the techs that I've had come to my house couldn't find the difference between their a** and a hole in the ground. I've had several techs here and each time they "fix" the problem with either the phones or the internet and it works for a few days and then it goes back out again. When we get bad storms...we're screwed because the wires get wet outside the house and it screws up the connection. I've only been able to go 6 months without a tech here at the house before another problem arose.

I don't like VIOS because I like a hardline telephone in the event of an emergency. Dealing with 911 on a cell or cable phone line takes too much time ( I know because I'm in the business of emergency management and deal with this issues for clients). I work out of the home so when our phones or the internet goes down I'm out of business. Verizon does not care at all. I might not have revenue in the millions but every dollar I make is important to me.

I too had asked Verizon to forward our calls to our cell phone but because we have AT&T for cell phone it was not an easy task. Our home phone lines do not have long distance and for some strange reason when we had long distance callers calling us they were getting a message that they needed to input a pin number into the phone...this shouldn't happen unless we try to dial a long distance number from our phones.

I had AT&T in 3 other states and they were a little better but not much. I wanted to have my bills debit from my checking account and bundled...well that took 6 months to set up over the phone and it took several phone calls each several hours long. ( I have no clue why but each person I spoke with was slower and less bright than the person before them.) Then when I went to disconnect the service they disconnected the service a week early and left me without service and a way to reach anyone.

Now here in NJ we have Cablevision for our cable TV and I am not impressed with them either. I know they offer internet phone service but I don't want that because of the emergency issues. I have an HDTV and Mom has a regular TV...both have had reception issues and it takes forever for them to get fixed. Cable TV is non customer service oriented and I have threatened to leave them several times for outages due to faulty equipment. I have yet to go 1 week in the last year that I haven't experienced at least a few hours of no service.

I don't think there is any green grass in either the phone, cable TV or internet market.

:roulette: :roulette: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: I jinxed myself of course. On Friday morning I woke up to find my phone line was unable to receive calls into the house on both phones. Unfortunately, I have to wait until Monday to get the service fixed!!!!! I can't forward the calls to my cell phone either since I don't have long distance on the house phones...uggggghhh....maybe someday I'll learn to not reply to these threads LOL Oh well...Verizon gave me their usual between 8AM- 8PM on Monday is when they will be here. :fuckyou::sarcastichand::angry:

I have Cablevision and my issue is their boxes eventually start malfunctioning. Picture freezes, tiling, channels stop working, box randomly resets itself. In 3 years I have needed 3 boxes??? One time I had a tech here and he checked the lines and swapped out the box - with Bad BOX. I found out later.