ajtesq

Valley Forge Gun Show ?

Went friday night and didnt see Top Hat {skip} and of course the one thing i did want to buy was a conceal carry holster from Nate at http://n82tactical.com/n82store/ , bought one for my LCR last time i was there and really like it and figured i would get one for my Glock , oh well guess i will order from his website ....

Ted,

I am going again on Sunday to see if the dealers bought anything from the Friday, Saturday crowd

Here are some deals that i pass: a nice 1954 Izzy sks for $325 few M38's for $$200-$225, a Hakim for $399, Finn M39 for $235

some nice Argy Molina's for $250, a nice RGF Galil for $1200, P38's for $319

There was a nice matching laminate Tula ex-sniper for $119 when u enter the room

If you looking for ammo make sure you stop by Chestnutridge table(Dan and Marilyn).

She always has some great deal on ammo and Dan hand select his firearms from Dansammo.com

Oh crap I was going sunday

petros600 went today so I wont bother going all the good deals are gone :)

One huge price increase that I noticed were the AK style guns. Like said before, there were WASR's for pretty damn expensive. I also didn't see one reasonably priced Saiga either. There were about 6-7 Saiga 12's, I only found one for under $900 (barely), the rest averaged around $950. One was even $1150, completely stock. There was a Saiga in .223, with a drum magazine, for $850. I can't imagine that one of those guns will sell, except MAYBE the Saiga 12 for just under $900.

I know from my conversations with the guys at Eagle Arms... they mark up all their stuff for philly and valley forge shows as more people show up there...

even mosins, they had them at a valley forge show for $119, then next week, same guns for $89 in allentown.

Don't think I'm going to be able to go :( If anyone knows when the next show that's close to us is, let me know, I'll try and workout a way there, and stuff. I don't like traveling places like that alone the first time, because I'm crap with directions, and my GPS cable is broken.

Went today. Some really ludacrious prices... SKS for $900, Saiga 12's for over $1,200. Some decent deals, Yugo SKS for $290.

Primers were readily avail, got some Federal for $29/k. CCI were about $26/k at most dealers.

By the way, I have a question, this one security guard at my mall claimed NJ residents aren't allowed to buy from people at gun shows, something with crossing over state lines. I figured that was some bull-jive.

Also, another security guard mentioned that there is one in South Ampton, at an armory. Anyone know anything about that?

By the way, I have a question, this one security guard at my mall claimed NJ residents aren't allowed to buy from people at gun shows, something with crossing over state lines. I figured that was some bull-jive.

Also, another security guard mentioned that there is one in South Ampton, at an armory. Anyone know anything about that?

You can't do interstate private sales. You can purchase a longarm from any FFL as long as you comply with the laws in your state of residence and the state where the transaction takes place. Handguns may be purchased but they must be shipped to and delivered through an FFL in your state of residence.

I don't know about Southampton - maybe they're talking about the Philly NG Armory show on the Blvd in the NE?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Went today. Some really ludacrious prices... SKS for $900, Saiga 12's for over $1,200. Some decent deals, Yugo SKS for $290.

Primers were readily avail, got some Federal for $29/k. CCI were about $26/k at most dealers.

I almost picked up 1 of the Yugo SKS's just because they where in the grease, but at closer look they had a lot of bluing worn off. The same guy had Ruger mini 14's LE turn in's for 450.00 or 425.00 then across the room there was FAL's (Sporters) for 550.00.

Eagle had a Norinco Hunter that sold for 600.00 in front of me and that made my day because mine is in better shape and I paid 425.00 2 years ago :)

I left empty handed, not even a friggin Mosin :(

You can't do interstate private sales. You can purchase a longarm from any FFL as long as you comply with the laws in your state of residence and the state where the transaction takes place. Handguns may be purchased but they must be shipped to and delivered through an FFL in your state of residence.

I don't know about Southampton - maybe they're talking about the Philly NG Armory show on the Blvd in the NE?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

So the security guard was right. And it's a good thing you told me that, I signed up on the PA gun forums, just for their marketplace, since ours tends to be a little slow.

And that might be it, he's older, so maybe the name changed, or something, but it was in Philly. If you know anything let me know, he said it was like, every 2 months. I really wanted to go to VF, but I was worried about driving there, since I was afraid about getting lost.

And that's funny, no out of state private purchasing, yet we aren't allowed to have gun shows. Kinda screws you both ways.

Overall, I was a little disappointed in the VF gun show. I was still glad I went, as it was my first gun show. Everything seemed really overpriced, but maybe it was just my expectations. I found better deals online for everything on my 'buy' list except for M9 mags. I bought 3 new-looking M9 15 round mags for $25 total from a surplus seller who seemed to not know what they were.

There were a lot of cheap knockoff-type optics dealers. I was surprised to see sales of toy helicopters, zodiac chains, and other non-gun related items.

Finally, I picked up a couple of Tula non-corrosive 5.45x39 20 round boxes to see if I like them. one of the boxes was fine, but the other had a 60% failure to fire rate. :(

back to my local shop for me.

Somebody made the comment to me that the Oaks show was actually better than VF, terming VF "a flea market show". I haven't been to Oaks since Eagle Arms took it over from MAAC (who has the Harrisburg show), but it looks like I'll have to have a look see. It would be nice if we had the Roadway Inn vendors, but with 10 foot aisles.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Somebody made the comment to me that the Oaks show was actually better than VF, terming VF "a flea market show". I haven't been to Oaks since Eagle Arms took it over from MAAC (who has the Harrisburg show), but it looks like I'll have to have a look see. It would be nice if we had the Roadway Inn vendors, but with 10 foot aisles.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Oaks is WAAAAAAY better now that Eagle took over. There were a lot of vendors that wouldn't do MAAC shows that are now at Oaks. I think I would have to agree that Oaks is now better than VF - they just need to get a few of the vendors that do only VF over to Oaks.