CageFighter

VIKING TACTICS BATTLE BELT

With Zombies coming sooner than later, I've been on a mission to find a battle/war belt and found this:

VIKING TACTICS BATTLE BELT (aka: VTAC BROKOS BELT)

Anyone have one or using one? I heard/read the sizes are way off!

Im curious how it compares to the US Grunt Gear Infidel belt.

Since the prices aren't too far apart, Im leaning towards the VTAC set-up.

I've taken a hard look at this belt, but aside from the MOLLE having that compartment design, I think the price point is a bit high.

I personally run the ATS War Belt, recommended to me by Caine, and it fits the bill for less then half the cost of the VTAC-- while easily doing the same thing. I understand not skimping for quality, but ATS is super quality for far cheaper.

I've taken a hard look at this belt, but aside from the MOLLE having that compartment design, I think the price point is a bit high.

I personally run the ATS War Belt, recommended to me by Caine, and it fits the bill for less then half the cost of the VTAC-- while easily doing the same thing. I understand not skimping for quality, but ATS is super quality for far cheaper.

Alex, listen to this man.

I haven't used either but the Viking seems way overpriced. Using it with open top carriers makes it more of a "games" belt than a "battle" belt. I want flaps covering my mags in combat for a variety of reasons.

It's really just the belt with molle attachments. The pouch choice is up to you. The demo video has open top pouches.

This is my battle belt. No it's not a Viking one. This is a custom one I had made back when true Crye Multicam was hard to come by.

BB.jpg

Just FYI, I've been thinking about trying a battle belt to see if I like it for a quick 3 gun rig. But the prices are a bit high for experimenting. You can score a condor tactical battle belt for $15-20 if you look around. No idea if the quality is good or bad, I know I've seen a lot of people say good htings about their bags, but if you are like me and don't know if you even really like the concept, you can check it out.

The hobby fund is more than tapped at the moment due to reloading components, so no experiment for me this month. (the non-camo are $15 form lapolice gear, who are reasonable to deal with).

Condor gear is decent. I have some. Build quality is good.

I have some of there pistol magazine holders and a pistol chest rig from them, it works and it didn't break the bank.

I have some of there pistol magazine holders and a pistol chest rig from them, it works and it didn't break the bank.

Bummer, just looked closer at their belt. you can't run the belt on the outside of the molle it looks like, which means securing a lot of the bits to it that I'd want to may be a PITA. OTOH it's $15 and I have a knife.

Condor gear is decent. I have some. Build quality is good.

their quality is hit or miss. i have several condor products and they worked fine. but just recently i got a chest rig and 2 pistol mag pouches. the webbing on the rig was less then perfect, but worked. the molle on the pouches, however, was completely out of spec. the tabs were too far apart, the webs were too wide. it fit, but not properly and doesnt lay flat. be careful with what condor you buy. if you can see pics of every side, it may show defects before you buy a certain model.

Huh? The battle belt is basically a belt with padding/molle attachment on the outside. why would you want to put the actual belt part on the outside? It would block all of the molle attachment points.

Look at the vtac battle belt, it is smart in it's design. It has the molle webbing divided into segments with slots open to the belt tunnel between segments so you can run the belt on the outside for portions of it. Why is this smart? In the real world, it is probably mostly to support good retention holsters. Most of them don't have a good way of mounting it on molle webbing. So you run the belt outside for one segment, and attach the holster to that. For 3-gunning, you are going to have more gear that falls into that category. It gives you options, which isn't usually a bad thing. Is it the RIGHT thing? No idea, I haven't even had a chance to play with a battle belt style thing yet to decide if it IS a good idea, or just LOOKS like a good idea.

raz-0: most quality battle belts have parts or the whole bottom portion of the system exposed, allowing for belt holsters (that have a slight drop) or leg-drop holsters to be attached directly to the belt (opposed to the battle belt). Of course it isn't to the same effect as the VTAC as you can choose to skip a MOLLE partition and run the belt exposed (which I do like).

However, there are plenty of belt holsters that have a slight drop that are available. I believe Caine runs one of these on his ATS. I personally run a MOLLE-adapted holster directly on my ATS so I can't necessarily comment on its effectiveness.

However, there are plenty of belt holsters that have a slight drop that are available. I believe Caine runs one of these on his ATS.

Yep - I use a G-code holster with a drop belt attachment on my ATS belt

ETA: Not related, but since I mentioned the G-code, they're on sale at Natchez today:

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=eysh11020113&lsrc=NZ&utm_source=NZ&src=BE724&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=06272011EagleHolsters

raz-0: most quality battle belts have parts or the whole bottom portion of the system exposed, allowing for belt holsters (that have a slight drop) or leg-drop holsters to be attached directly to the belt (opposed to the battle belt). Of course it isn't to the same effect as the VTAC as you can choose to skip a MOLLE partition and run the belt exposed (which I do like).

However, there are plenty of belt holsters that have a slight drop that are available. I believe Caine runs one of these on his ATS. I personally run a MOLLE-adapted holster directly on my ATS so I can't necessarily comment on its effectiveness.

Ah didn't know they might be open on the bottom. That would be just as useful for most things. Next months toy budget is probably going to go on some 3 gun gear. This month, reloading components came in stock and I was running low, so 6000 pistol and 1000 rifle bullets got bought instead.