Sign in to follow this  
maideneddie

Smart phone

So I ran my cell over yesterday with the lawnmower, and chopped it up into a million little pieces!!! I decided to get a Droid smart phone and this thing is freaking awesome. I should have made the switch to one of these a long time ago. The cool thing is being able to surf the web at any time. That lawnmower mishap is one of the best things to unfortunately happen to me in a while!!

This story makes me think of what a coworker did so he could get a new phone. On a regular basis when talking to his wife he would hang up on her so he say his phone kept dropping calls.

After a while this actually worked and he shows up with his new I-phone. Not saying you did the same thing, just that it made me think of that.

In my case my phone was payed for by work, so this was kind of a hit for me. Once my old phone was dead I wasn't going to be getting a new one. I just shortened the life of free cell service a lot. But in the end it was worth it. Troy make the switch, with my family plan it is 20.00 a month more. Al least for me it is worth it.

Even though I've been sucked in, I'm a big fan of my iPhone. I hardly make any phone calls or text, but I use hundreds of MB of data per month (I have unlimited as it was grandfathered over before the change)-- and that alone makes the $30 for data alone well worth it.

Also, being able to check something on the interwebz while on a call? Priceless.

I purchased the thunderbolt not 4 days ago, huge improvement over my BB. I would have waited longer to get a new phone but Verizon tiered plans start on july 7th!!! i bought into the 4g unlimited plan..starting july 7th all plans have a 2g limit. FYI, they seem to be grandfathering plans, so if you have 4g unlimited now there is a good chance you will be able to retain it when you re-new in 2 years.

Wait until the dual screen dual core phones come out.

I was gonna wait for the dual cores and larger ram phones to come out, but then i would have had a tiered plan... I can wait 2 years for a better phone, but it's important that i get the unlimited plan, i can go through 2gigs in a week. I'd rather have a unlimited plan with an OK phone, then a super phone with a crappy limited plan...