Sign in to follow this  
Cemeterys Gun Blob

And Obama Gun Control Begins........

Looks like the ball is starting to roll with regards to Obama's gun control wishlist.

We've got multiple long gun sales reporting requirements > http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/12/16/AR2010121606749.html

This was put into action to stem the flow of firearms to Mexico, that the ATF assisted with selling in first place, by allowing questionable sales to go through.

And we now have the BATFE reclassifying .223 cartridges, and *pistol* ammo.

Read about it here > http://www.snowflakesinhell.com/2011/07/11/reclassification-of-223-6-5-grendel-and-6-8-spc/

UPDATE: naturally Duh Maytolla likes this stuff > http://news.yahoo.com/statement-mayors-against-illegal-guns-co-chairs-applauding-233009859.html

It's funny, even though all the statistics are discredited, the Fast and Furious program was a lie and yet, they're still acting like it was all true and enacting Fiat rules anyway.

Government is out of control.

It's funny, even though all the statistics are discredited, the Fast and Furious program was a lie and yet, they're still acting like it was all true and enacting Fiat rules anyway.

And don't forget, brady bot types say we're paranoid if we're concerned that Obama is gonna push gun control because of the Fast and Furious scandal.

Government is way out of control and totally FUBAR.

• Like 1

.223 is a handgun cartridge are f'ing kidding me? this is a complete joke right? i mean they do realize its not even close to a pistol cartridge and is loaded with rifle powder? this is just them making up what ever they want!!!! to fit there agenda!!! 5.56 is not .223 tho.. lol.

.223 is a handgun cartridge are f'ing kidding me? this is a complete joke right? i mean they do realize its not even close to a pistol cartridge and is loaded with rifle powder? this is just them making up what ever they want!!!! to fit there agenda!!! 5.56 is not .223 tho.. lol.

How would you define an AR pistol?

How would you define an AR pistol?

A rifle who's barrel has been chopped off.

A shotgun with an pistol sized barrel would not be considered a pistol would it?

There doesnt seem to be any one definition for "pistol" size, caliber, what not... so i guess its up in the air really.

Just to add more confusion An AR pistol... an Assault rifle pistol?

Now my primary beef is that, there are no marketed pistols chambered in .223 that i know of.. other then the AR pistols which are modified rifles. The only point here was to take a common RIFLE round and put more restrictions on it.

Ther eis a Thomsomn single-shot pistol chambered in 223, which is why you sign for the 223 ammo in places like Cheyenne Mountain. It's been like this for at least a year - I posted about it some time ago. If people are going to get indignant, get indignant about something NEW that happened.

G

Blame folks who wanted an AR pistol but didn't want to fill out the tax stamp for an SBR.

A shotgun with an pistol sized barrel would not be considered a pistol would it?

No, that would be a shotgun. An SBS.

Pistols like the Judge and Governor still have rifling, which is indicative of being a pistol.

There doesnt seem to be any one definition for "pistol" size, caliber, what not... so i guess its up in the air really.

Now my primary beef is that, there are no marketed pistols chambered in .223 that i know of.. other then the AR pistols which are modified rifles. The only point here was to take a common RIFLE round and put more restrictions on it.

There are quit a few .223 marked pistols. Most of which are single shot.

As for additional restrictions, this changes nothing for us here in NJ. You'll still be able to buy M855 green tips if you want.

The thing that just boggles my mind with all of this is, as noted earlier in the thread, that somehow the whole Fast and Furious scandal was somehow a success by the government's standard. The whole operation was a complete failure from the planning stages through execution through trying to just push it under the rug... and yet not only was it a success, but, hey, let's just wait until worse things crop up and people will just forget that it ever happened. Now that is what I call some transparency. /sarcasm off.

In all seriousness, who in power actually gives an F about the people and their rights in all of this? And regards to these programs, while it would outrage me, I would have a bit more respect for the people pushing this crap if they just came out and said that they were trying to stick it to the gun owners of America instead of saying these are measures to curb gun trafficking into Mexico.

Remington XP-70, Thompson-Center Contender, Magnum Research Lone Eagle..Shall I go on???..those have been around long before the first Production AR-pistol. That said it SOUNDS like Elite Ammunition got jammed up for their "Copper Alloy" projos, which in the long run are Brass, which is ennumerated as an "Armor Piercing" construction material. So, instead of taking their lumps for making bad ammo, they are trying to drag down barnes, and others who make Solid Copper Projos.

Remington XP-70, Thompson-Center Contender, Magnum Research Lone Eagle..Shall I go on???..those have been around long before the first Production AR-pistol.

Sorry - Nitpick Police

It's a Remington XP100 and it was originally chambered in .221 Fireball, which was designed for this gun and thus is a handgun cartridge. I believe that it was later chambered for the Rem 6BR.

As you were.

Remington XP-70, Thompson-Center Contender, Magnum Research Lone Eagle..Shall I go on???..those have been around long before the first Production AR-pistol. That said it SOUNDS like Elite Ammunition got jammed up for their "Copper Alloy" projos, which in the long run are Brass, which is ennumerated as an "Armor Piercing" construction material. So, instead of taking their lumps for making bad ammo, they are trying to drag down barnes, and others who make Solid Copper Projos.

AND, now i know why i never herd of them. lol. But seriously, at which point does a rifle round become a pistol round and vice verse? Does the firearm shooting the cartridge determine it? or the cartridge itself? I mean someone can build a pistol to shoot a one shot rifle round, if a pistol exists which can shoot a rifle round it suddenly becomes a pistol round? Now i know there isn't much of an answer here, and u seem to know more about it then me i'm just rambling. This also trickles down into NJ where you need an FPID to purchase pistol ammo, which is documented.

lol look what i found, not sure if its real or not tho.

ugc223pistol.jpg

It looks like they have classified many other rifle rounds as pistol rounds.