NickC

Yet another new guy From Old Bridge

Hello all,

I'm a new to the sport/lifestyle. Still waiting for OBPD to finish the FID and PP process. It's gonna be a looong wait.

I decided to spend the time torturing myself with which pistol to purchase and i think i have it narrowed down to the Sig 229 or the HK P30.

Welcome from Old Bridge/Matawan

Edit : Stay on top of them. After a month start calling every 2 days, then eventually tell them you need to make an appt with the Chief to find out why it is taking so long.

• Like 1

Welcome from Old Bridge/Matawan

Edit : Stay on top of them. After a month start calling every 2 days, then eventually tell them you need to make an appt with the Chief to find out why it is taking so long.

Man, would that NOT work with the P.D. here in Bayonne! They got upset when I started calling two MONTHS after finalizing paperwork. Ultimately, my approved permits sat for two weeks before they admitted they were there. Total of almost four months to get approved. Good luck!

welcome. Im from old bridge also. Obpd took less than 30 days for my fid card and initial permit. That was about six months ago. Submitted two more pistol permits on aprl 24th still waiting. Went in on day 40 and was told they are "under review* lol

Will go back in next week

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone...

And thanks for the advice Dan, freejersey & bcoops.

I'll definitely stop in at the 2 month mark just to see how things are going. After that, i'll just send my wife to bug them. She filed too, plus it's hard to yell at her.

Iwent in today to check status as i am at 64 days (not that im counting ^_^ ), just waiting to be signed. He signs them all at once. No day could be given.

HAHAH, I remember that line. Just tell them you have a competition coming up and you need the gun for it, and to see if you can make an appointment with or ask for the Chief's phone number to call him. Be polite but assertive. Mine were "signed" the next day.