Prax

Anyone have a non-resident FL, VA, and/or Utah CCW?

I asked why CT was a good one to get and still couldn't figure it out since it's one of the lamest and few people chimed in as to why they got it. Now I have a new question. Why do several promote VA?

VA is easy to get...can be had completely thru the mail, and it is honored in a good number of states....making it a good back up to have. I don't have it, but did consider it before I got AZ as back up to my UT. I have UT, AZ, PA (home) and CT. I am also looking into getting ME as they only honor a few states none of which I can get. No current plans to go to ME, but you never know where travels may take you.

VA is easy to get...can be had completely thru the mail, and it is honored in a good number of states....making it a good back up to have. I don't have it, but did consider it before I got AZ as back up to my UT. I have UT, AZ, PA (home) and CT. I am also looking into getting ME as they only honor a few states none of which I can get. No current plans to go to ME, but you never know where travels may take you.

OK, so it's UT/AZ "light." Got it, thanks. Like I said, I do need Maine. I may need it soon, so I'm sending it out Thursday. Wish I had done it six months ago. I'll report on the TAT.

Or, come out to the NJ2AS meeting in Tom's River tomorrow night and you will get everything for FL. You might be able to get extra fingerprints for VA and AZ. You'll need to go to VA and AZ's websites and request their packets. Same training certificate can be used for both of these states. AZ doesn't even require the passport photos.

I really wish I could make this meeting, but its just not going to happen. When is the next one?

And thanks to everyone for all the great information.

CT does not honor any other state's permit, so if you plan to go there, you need to get it in order to carry.

You can get the following permits through the mail without traveling to that state.

AZ

CT

FL

ME

NH

VA

UT

SC (if you own land there)

Is NJ2AS / GFH going to have AZ packets there? Now that they are honored in NV... winning.

If they don't send for one, when I did my AZ it took 3 day to get the pack after I requested it so they are quick, and also very quick in turning them around after you apply.

Harry

Is NJ2AS / GFH going to have AZ packets there? Now that they are honored in NV... winning.

If they don't send for one, when I did my AZ it took 3 day to get the pack after I requested it so they are quick, and also very quick in turning them around after you apply.

Harry

Didn't realize that AZ picked up NV. +1 for having multiple permits.

I did the same thing as Harry. Also took about 3 days to get the packet. You have to send away for the packet because they require that you use their fingerprint cards.

Didn't realize that AZ picked up NV. +1 for having multiple permits.

I did the same thing as Harry. Also took about 3 days to get the packet. You have to send away for the packet because they require that you use their fingerprint cards.

Yes, AZ was very quick, good to deal with.

As far as NV, I would check before going. I don't know for sure, but was told if you are going into the city limits of Las Vegas, you have to stop at the Sheriff or PD before entering the city to carry. Forget who told me this, but I haven't looked into it.

AZ is even easier:

read this page to make sure you qualify

* take satisfactory class illustrating you can safely use a handgun...as referenced in Paragraph N here...obtain certification.. make copy set aside...or if you already have a permit form another state that required training that will suffice.

* go here and request packet... http://www.azdps.gov/Services/Concealed_Weapons/Contact/ wait for mail person...

* take fingerprint card to any place that does fingerprinting. It does not have to be LEO.

* fill out application

* Purchase a 9 x 12 envelope as the return envelope they send is just big enough for the print cards. It takes some origami skills to fit application into it.

* take application.. appropriate payment of fees.. fingerprint card... ... copy of certs.. application.. etc.. send in mail..

* wait about 2 weeks for mail person to deliver it

Should sticky this or make a new post with this at the top.

I have been picking through all the posts trying to find this information for the AZ permit. I want to add this one to my collection of CCW license :icon_lol:

As a final question...where did you guys get the fingerprint cards done?