Sign in to follow this  
Plasma133

Saiga question

Hello everyone. I intend on purchasing the Saiga listed in the following link and description as soon as I get my FOID. My question is; is it legal to own in the non-free State of N.J.? Here is the link and the weapon description. Also, will the bayonet lug cause it to be illegal and can I just get rid of the lug myself?

http://www.impactguns.com/arsenal-saiga-762x39-blk-rail-wa-sgl21-66.aspx

"US made Saiga rifle black polymer furniture, Warsaw Pact length buttstock, compensator, 5-round magazine, 7.62x39 caliber, chrome lined hammer forged barrel, front sight block with bayonet lug, accessory lug, 24x1.5mm right-hand threads, U.S. made durable black aluminum upper and lower handguards with Picatinny rails, U.S. made double stage fire control group, 1000m rear sight, cleaning rod, scope rail."(Copied from the webpage of the link).

Thanks in advance.

Plasma133

Ah yes! Glennp is right, aside from the bayo lug the brake does need to be welded.

You could build your own Saiga, but some people don't want to be bothered.

I have used JetAgent quite a few times and would recommend their 'nj legalizing' package. Everything is done well and clean.

If you are interested, I live in Bergen county also and have a legal Saiga that I can sell you. Factory new, never fired with 10 round magazines, case, ammo etc. Would be a lot cheaper than getting it through a FFL. Let me know if you are interested-

If you are interested, I live in Bergen county also and have a legal Saiga that I can sell you. Factory new, never fired with 10 round magazines, case, ammo etc. Would be a lot cheaper than getting it through a FFL. Let me know if you are interested-

Oh yea you're referring to this one right?

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/26111-wts-factory-new-saa-saiga-762-x-39/

Yea the Saiga that 4 different members were asking questions about for a week, that you never answered :icon_rolleyes:

Plasma, we would be more than willing to help you through every step of the way!

We do not have a public storefront, and I cannot call you as I am overseas at the moment, however when I get back on the 12th I can give you a shout if that is preferable. The process is actually very easy, you buy the rifle from an online retailer, I provide them with our FFL copy, you provide them your billing info. Then they will ship the rifle to me and I will modify it to be NJ compliant then transfer it to you. The modifications and transfer cost $100 plus NICS combined.

Feel free to PM me with any questions you may have, we have done this numerous times and can walk you through it. For arsenals, our FFL is already on file with k-var & AIM surplus which both sell those rifles.