intercooler

Dealing with the death of a parent

I understand the grief you feel and I wish I didn't. If you wish to talk or share or just cry or vent, please feel free to PM or what have you. Cherish the moments you have left.

Oh - and in the coming days, and after he has passed, people will say stupid things to you. Feel free to reach out and talk about that as well - they really have no idea what they are saying or what grief feels like. They have no idea what to say at all and sometimes they blurt out stupidity. Instead of focusing on that, focus on those who recall wonderful memories, it's much more helpful.

I have never gone through what your going through, so I can't say anything but I hope your dad has peace in his final days. I pray that your given the strength to deal with this tough time in your life.

I know what you are going through, and it hurts. You said that it seems that there is just a body and no soul,

but it's the soul that is ALWAYS there, and he's with you forever.

My family's prayers are with you and your family's, and we'll pray every night for your father and your family.

God Bless, and be strong.

prayers go out to you and your family, i am a cancer survivor 2.5 years now and we just lost a friend of the family to brain cancer last dec very same situation horrible to just sit and wait for the passing.The best that can be done is to make him as comfortable as possible..

God Bless..

I know where you are rite now. It flat sucks and there is nothing you can do about it. Just try to stay as positive as you can in spite of the doctors guesses. I know there is nothing I can say to make it easier. Just keep your chin up and be strong. Be there for your dad. Even if he doesent know it at times..there will be times he does know it.

Ken

I just wanted to let you guys know , my father George, passed away away on wednesday at 4:33 pm with his hand in my mothers, with 4 generations of our family at his side. He went peacefully and without any pain. He was 68 years old, a Vietnam veteran, fireman and an all around great guy. He and I did not always see eye to eye, but we had really grown to be friends in the past few years. I am proud to be his son and will miss him terribly. My brother made it home from Afghanistan and brought is family with him to be there.

I wanted to thank you guys here for the outpouring of good wishes and prayers, my dad would have appreciated your concern for me. I know that the future is going to be rough for a while, and that life has to go on, but I will never feel the same.

thank you

Nick

remember all of the fun you two had together, and your dad is still with you in your morals and how you live your life, you are who you are because of what he taught you and because of that he lives on in you