7-3-2

Entry level 1911

Okay so I made a bargain with the wife. I dont use my shotty anymore since I haven't hunted in 3 years and the ole gun safe is just taking up room for one long gun. I compromised and told her Id sell the shotgun and the safe and use the money to buy a new handgun. SOOOO I think I made up my mind and I want a good old .45 acp slinging 1911 in my future (much smaller lol) safe. Originally I was just going to get a Mark III, but I decided I could buy the 1911 and eventually grab a decent .22lr conversion kit in the future if I really wanted to. My question is out of these guns:

STI spartan

Rock Island GI

Springfield GI

Ruger SR1911

Taurus1911

which would you recommend, and if so do they all function well with 22.lr conversion kits should I decide to grab one in the future?

For the value ....STI is great

BUT...SA GI is better...Lifetime warranty and tons of mods that can be done to tailor your gun...

I have the SS SA TRP and it is my HD and go to gun for the range....I used to take my SA SC .40 and it is heavily modded for HD and love both...

The STI is a clear winner if funds allow. The Springfield GI is also an excellent first 1911 choice. My first was a Springfield Stainless GI. It has been flawless from day one. I did have the sights changed to the white dot sights as on the MilSpec because my tired old eyes didn't like the stock GI sights. I also run a Limber .22 conversion top end on it at times and, it too, has been 100% problem free.

Welcome to the addiction!

STI Spartan.

STI stands behind their products 100%

Many shooters in USPSA/IDPA running this gun competitively.

The GI's will need better sights.

Don't know much about the Taurus.

The Ruger has some favorable reviews by some gun rags.

why would you lie to your wife like that!!!! LOL..

Now you have to tell another one to cover up the 1st one..

I did sell it the purchaser just has not picked it up yet.. i promise you it is sold..

Ha Ha. No I meant to sell the safe and use the proceeds for a new gun. Hide the shotgun or put a lock on it since you won't have the safe any more. I didn't meant hide the whole operation from wifey. :)