farfromahero

Looking for a range in SJ

I am currently looking to join a range down here in SJ. Within a half hour of 08012 is best, but I do not mind traveling a little bit further for a good range.

I have been looking at prices and such. I am sure there are ones out there that are quality that do not turn up on a google search. Must allow rifle and shotgun at the range, that is my only specification.

I am currently looking to join a range down here in SJ. Within a half hour of 08012 is best, but I do not mind traveling a little bit further for a good range.

I have been looking at prices and such. I am sure there are ones out there that are quality that do not turn up on a google search. Must allow rifle and shotgun at the range, that is my only specification.

Outdoor range with clays launched in the air AND a rifle range at least 100 yards long? Or a 25 yard indoor range that's paper only??

Please specify, as MOST folks may forget to ask....and so you can get the info you need.

In the "Ranges" forum there is a list of many of NJ's ranges. I used to live in Blackwood and can tell you that there is nothing <30 min that meets your requirements.

Look into Cumberland Rifleman, Mullica Hill Rifle and Pistol, South Jersey Shooting Club. All are < 60 minutes drive. Quinton Sportsman is a little over an hour drive.

I live in Egg Harbor Twp. and I belong to bobs little sports shop and Atlantic county firearms training facility.

Both are great.Bobs is an 25yd indoor pistol range you can shoot anything up to 1800 fps. ACFTF is outdoor only open to civs on weekends and has a 50yd pistol and 100 yd rifle range.

I belong to Hagues its a ok place to shoot.They did change the rules on spent ammo a few months ago.Now they keep all spent casings,whether you buy it from them or not.It kinda stinks.I dont reload but used to save em for friends that did. PM me and I can give you all the details and range rules if you want.

In the "Ranges" forum there is a list of many of NJ's ranges. I used to live in Blackwood and can tell you that there is nothing <30 min that meets your requirements.

Look into Cumberland Rifleman, Mullica Hill Rifle and Pistol, South Jersey Shooting Club. All are < 60 minutes drive. Quinton Sportsman is a little over an hour drive.

SJSC is 30 min or less from Blackwood, I live 10-15 min north of blackwood and it only takes me around 40 minutes to get to where SJSC is. http://sjerseyshootingclub.com/

I LIVE in 08012.

USANA and SJSC are within 30mins

SJSC is like $200-300 per year

USANA is $100-200 per year

I'm a member of USANA.

Bob's in Glassboro is very close, right on Delsea Dr. I rarely shoot there.

Hauges isn't too bad, actually. Membership is $350/year, and members don't have to shoot thier ammo. I buy my amunition elsewhere (in bulk), and shoot there. I don't reload, so the brass isn't a concern for me.

Yes, Hauges has it's quirks. It is, however, a well run, and well kept range.

And so was the Italian Railway system under Il Duce

A range that forbids all reloads (except those that they sell) and claims ownership of ALL fired brass is not one I'd belong to

Join one of the outdoor ranges (SJSC, Cumberland, Hutton Hill)

You'll be better off without the ghetto rats that frequent WDeptford

Hauges isn't too bad, actually. Membership is $350/year, and members don't have to shoot thier ammo. I buy my amunition elsewhere (in bulk), and shoot there. I don't reload, so the brass isn't a concern for me.

Yes, Hauges has it's quirks. It is, however, a well run, and well kept range.

I shoot at Hagues's. I choose that range because it's not to far from me. Check that $350 annual membership rate. I think it was increase to $450 for civilians like me. They have some quirks/policies that I don't quite agree with, but it is what it is. Also, they max out at 25-yards. Many times, I'd like to go 75-100 yards.

Yea my back up choice is USANA. Right now a family friend is making some calls for me to see if it isn't too late get into Square Circle

Do you have to belong to the Masonic Fraternity to belong to the Square Circle?

Edited by scig
  • Like 1

I shoot at Hagues's. I choose that range because it's not to far from me. Check that $350 annual membership rate. I think it was increase to $450 for civilians like me. They have some quirks/policies that I don't quite agree with, but it is what it is. Also, they max out at 25-yards. Many times, I'd like to go 75-100 yards.

Not too long ago it was only $250...

I joined Hague's 5-6 months ago; at that time it was $350.

They also offer firearms training...

I took the 4 hour basic introduction to handguns class for $350. I thought my instructor was very knowledgeable, but the course was not NRA certified. Since it was not a "certified" course no documentation was issued upon completion. I have nothing to prove the extent of my training. I think for that kind of money you should receive some kind of printed material and a certificate even if it is only issued by Hague's.

Overall, my experience has been favorable. Everyone has been friendly and courteous. I've had no real issues with their service except that which I've already mentioned. They may be worth every penny of the new $400 membership fee... but it's just starting to push beyond my price range. If money wasn't a factor I'd stay there (it's only a few miles from my house.)

When it comes time for renewal I'm going to have to think long and hard about paying $400 or more. I'll be taking a close look at the outdoor range in Winslow or Bob's indoor range in Glassboro.

I don't know when it changed exactly. I just looked at their web page the day before yesterday (after reading this thread) and it shows the membership fee is now $400. Ouch.

I didn't know that Bob's range was restricted to handguns only. (arrghh!) There's another monkey wrench thrown into my plans. If this keeps up I may start looking for a range in PA. (I thought about TargetMaster in Chadds Ford but after factoring in the $5 bridge toll I decided against it.)

If you are looking at Hagues, Bobs', etc., you owe it to yourself to look at South Hersey Shooting Club (SJSC) in Winslow and Square Circle in Gibbsboro. Both have multiple outdoor ranges at varying distances, with minimal restrictions on what you can shoot (read .50 and such).

For more information about the two (and others options) you can click the link to the thread in my sig line below.