Beretta Tri Rail

Tapco Verticle Pistol Grip (cut down)

Viking Tactics Flashlight Mount

Surefire G2

Viking Tactics Sling Mount

Homebrew Sling

Sierra Papa FCG

Trijicon Reflex Sight

For whatever reasons, I had that gun for about 2 months and just really did not like it. I can see why many others do like it though.

out of curiosity what did you not like? not attempting to open any "debate" as some people just dont like certain guns... but just curious if there was any specific reason you did not like it..

pretty cool what caliber?

40S&W been very happy with it at close range (sub 100 yrds) but I have shot the gun out to 150 - 175 yards.. and was able to get center mass hits on steel plates.. the guns seems very accurate and reliable... have not shot it yet with the Trijicon.. can't wait.. if I could find some high cap magazines I would be in love..

Very cool setup Vlad! Glad to see the Trij you beat me to is being put to good use ;)

Out of curiosity, does the Trij co-witness with the sights at all?

ha for that price.. I could not pass it up.. unfortunately I DID have to give up co-witness.. but since it is a close quarters weapon I think that having the reflex is far more beneficial than co-witness.. I know that I could achieve co-witness with an aimpoint (I had one on there at one point) but to be honest.. achieving co-witness on the rifle puts the optic lower than I care for.. while I have not shot it yet.. the trijicon on this rifle seems good to go for me.. can't wait for some range time..

Nice... but it's not a Saiga <_<

Just kidding! :icon_lol:

if saiga make small carbine in 40 I would own one (or two) lol

Glad to see it finished! Just make sure you let me know how it shoots after you sight it in.

A CX4 is on my (very) short list, as in it's the next firearm I plan on buying. I don't know if I'll buy one before or after I finish my AR build, but it's definitely coming soon.

out of curiosity what did you not like? not attempting to open any "debate" as some people just dont like certain guns... but just curious if there was any specific reason you did not like it..

Nah, I'm not the debating type but in all honesty, holding it and shooting it just did not give me the overall satisfaction that I thought I would get.

There are quite a few pro's about it such as the light weight, small size, and compatibility between Beretta pistol mags. I agree that it was these, and more, but I was not satisfied with the way it shot, the irons were not that great (although I did have an RDS on it for a bit), and I think for me it was more of a 'fun' gun rather than something I'd practically use. Don't get me wrong, I believe it has practicality as it is maneuverable light weight short length carbine, but I think it was kind of a 'novelty' for me. It looked cool, shot ok, and that was it. I ended up selling it because I needed some money at the time and it was sitting in the safe.

In regards to shooting, because I know that will be your next question, the overall way it shot was just alright. It was accurate, there was no doubt about that as I could easily hit 100yd poppers and plates with it, but just for some reason it just didn't do it for me for whatever reason.

Looks good Vlad.

One question though, does the barrel shroud serve any real purpose, as it looks like it will block the light to the upper left. I only ask as playing with suppressors in Maryland I noticed that light placement becomes more of an issue due to the shadow caused by the suppressor.

Looks good Vlad.

One question though, does the barrel shroud serve any real purpose, as it looks like it will block the light to the upper left. I only ask as playing with suppressors in Maryland I noticed that light placement becomes more of an issue due to the shadow caused by the suppressor.

does not really get in the way.. light functions fine.. it blocks a little at 10-11 oclock.. but does not really get in the way enough to matter.. in a dark room it is plenty bright.... the shroud serves no practical purpose.. lol

Surefire G2

Trijicon Reflex Sight

can you still see the tri dot when g2 is on and pointing to a white object such as a wall close? Just heard a lot ppl said reflex dot often got washed out, but probably not in this situation in door.

I shot a friends 9mm version. While it has just a tad more kick than my baby Ruger 10/22 and was very accurate, I just didn't like it. Felt too much like a "toy" gun to me. It is light, very manuverable, but just not for me. Would be kinda cool if I could cut the gun off just behind the pistol grip. ;)

As a home defense type of weapon, I think it is very good for that. My FFL has one in .45 ACP sitting in the corner, no one is really interested in it. If I could get 15 round magazines for it, I would buy it! :icon_mrgreen:

can you still see the tri dot when g2 is on and pointing to a white object such as a wall close? Just heard a lot ppl said reflex dot often got washed out, but probably not in this situation in door.

better than with the light OFF it is strange... but yes VERY easy to see...

I shot a friends 9mm version. While it has just a tad more kick than my baby Ruger 10/22 and was very accurate, I just didn't like it. Felt too much like a "toy" gun to me. It is light, very manuverable, but just not for me. Would be kinda cool if I could cut the gun off just behind the pistol grip. ;)

As a home defense type of weapon, I think it is very good for that. My FFL has one in .45 ACP sitting in the corner, no one is really interested in it. If I could get 15 round magazines for it, I would buy it! :icon_mrgreen:

that is the intended role.. interior self defense.. gun is super light.. gets on target quickly.. has proven reliable.. not a gun someone would be lugging through a war situation.. no need to be a rugged battlefield weapon.. as stated.. not the intent.. but that is not to say it could not hold up? it just will never need to in my application..

Not sure I'd call it complete Vlad, but it's close. I like the optic, but co-witnessing is big for me. I need to be able to use irons especially if it's in a defensive roll. I like it though, you kept it simple and ready to rock.

You can buy .45 mag extensions from Sierra Papa

http://sierrapapacx4.com/CX4_mag_extension.htm

Wow,now my wife is going to be hating on you too! I was looking at a CX4 at my FFL's which is chambered in .45ACP. I had been toying with the idea, but just didn't like the small round count. Now that may find it's way home with me, and therefore my wife not liking you for pointing-out those magazines! :icon_mrgreen:

Don't worry about it, she's harmless, unless her 686 or 870 is in her hands, then you better run for cover! :girlwerewolf:

So, anyone use those magazine extensions. Now you have me thinking really hard about that rifle once again for home defense.

Not sure I'd call it complete Vlad, but it's close. I like the optic, but co-witnessing is big for me. I need to be able to use irons especially if it's in a defensive roll. I like it though, you kept it simple and ready to rock.

Flash sight picture. Put the front sight post below center mass without lining it up with the rear sight. At the ranges vlad is talking about (interior) I'm pretty sure I wouldn't even use irons or optics.

Flash sight picture. Put the front sight post below center mass without lining it up with the rear sight. At the ranges vlad is talking about (interior) I'm pretty sure I wouldn't even use irons or optics.

yes gun is short range multipurpose carbine.....

since rectile is triangle I will be experimenting with sighting in.. utilizing both center and point of triangle..

reflex optic that does not require batteries negates the need for iron sight co-witness within the range of intended use... I will for the most part shoot sub 100 yards with this.. I can work with just a red dot at sub 100 yards.. that is how I run my AK..

I have one in 9mm. lots of fun to shoot. very accurate for what it is. However the trigger SUCKS and because its a thumb hole you can't eject the mags without pulling you thumb out of the stock.

I actually shaved the cam (wrong terminology? )on the trigger mechanism to make it a little smoother.. I got it at a good price from what i had seen $675. at Meltzers.