Krdshrk

Beretta Nano

http://www.gunsandammo.com/2011/08/15/beretta-nano/

NanoProfile.jpg

With the brand new Beretta Nano, the Italian outfit best known for its world class shotguns has officially entered the concealed carry world.

The Nano will hit the shelves in early October providing yet another micro compact carry pistol option. In fact, it’s Beretta’s first ever striker-fired handgun, and they were nice enough to give GunsandAmmo.com one of the first looks at what will surely create a big buzz on the market.

The Nano, which will be initially offered in 9mm, is being touted as a modular, ergonomically sound compact that will be comfortable for shooters of all skill levels. The movable, serialized sub-chassis allows the user to easily replace grip frames and disassemble, and the Nano’s sights are user adjustable with a 1.5mm hexwrench. No gunsmith needed.

The initial word on the price will be around $475. Some other important info on the Nano:

•No pulling trigger for disassembly

•Completely snag free design

•Totally ambidextrous

•No external slide lock

•Different frame sizes

•Sub-chassis .40 cal capable

•Frame employs modern thermoplastic technology through the use of fiberglass reinforced technopolymer

Who’s excited about the Beretta Nano? Anything else you want to know?

Stay tuned for more information from Beretta as they prepare for a full scale launch.

Found on Berettaforum:

beretta-nano.jpg

High bore axis combined with light weight looks like follow shots could be difficult.

Bore axis won't matter with that one, as recoil will be stout no matter what! Ouch!

Thanks Nicky, good find

I'm not calling myself an expert of anything... I just found this info and have been following the thread on the beretta forum and putting the best info here.

That picture wasn't posted by me - someone may have taken it down or photobucket stopped it because of too much traffic...

Info's up on the Beretta USA Website:

http://www.berettausa.com/products/nano/?keywords=nano

CALIBER: 9 MM

OVERALL LENGTH: 5.63"

OVERALL HEIGHT: 4.17"

BARREL LENGTH: 3.07"

GRIP WIDTH: .90"

SIGHT RADIUS: 4.92"

WEIGHT UNLOADED: 17.67 oz

CAPACITY: 6 + 1 Rounds

nano12.jpg

Updated info.

There's a stainless steel internal subframe in the grip frame itself. That's the serial #'d part of the gun. When available, you can change out the grip frame for say a .40S&W grip and slide assembly without having to buy another gun (and in NJ - wasting another PP).

Beretta Nano website is out - http://www.berettanano.com

Video is up:

NanoProfile.jpg

So...how long til Glock sues? Striker fired, polymer framed, integral trigger safety, super hard barrel and slide finish, cocking serrations, rear slide plate, dual captive recoil spring...It's very Glock like...some of the parts look like they came right off a 27...At least to my eye, it looks more Glock like then the Sigma and we know how that played out for Smith and Wesson...