Sign in to follow this  
jermz1987

380acp Revolver?

Yeah, doesn't make much sense. Weighs the same as a S&W Airweight (appx 15 oz). They should have done it in 9mm with moonclips - then you could shoot .380 through it, if you chose to do so.

Thread Hijack (don't think this one was going much further anyway - apologies to Jeremy)

Saw an interesting concept for a SD handgun in the current Combat Handguns. .22 WMR in a S&W all aluminum (frame & cylinder) J-Frame (this is a model 351PD - part of their Airlite series). Weighs under 11 oz (empty) and holds seven rounds. The magazine really wasn't featuring the gun, they were using it to showcase the ammo. Sooooo, what's new in .22 WMR ammo? How about a round from Gold Dot specifically for defensive purposes?

Not to be sexist, but this could very well be the perfect woman's gun. I so often hear that some women have trouble racking the slide of a semi-auto - which leads directly down the revolver path. They all like the small size of the J-frame, often not understanding that reduced weight means increased recoil. Here you have it all: Extremely light weight; Seven rounds; Low recoil.

Granted, .22 WMR is not an ideal SD round, but better a Gold Dot .22 WMR that she has with her, than the 9mm or .38 that is back in the night stand because it's too heavy, or recoils too much, etc, etc. It may not be an ideal round, but I would not want to be shot with it - even once, let alone seven times.

Hijack done.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Yeah, doesn't make much sense. Weighs the same as a S&W Airweight (appx 15 oz). They should have done it in 9mm with moonclips - then you could shoot .380 through it, if you chose to do so.

Thread Hijack (don't think this one was going much further anyway - apologies to Jeremy)

Saw an interesting concept for a SD handgun in the current Combat Handguns. .22 WMR in a S&W all aluminum (frame & cylinder) J-Frame (this is a model 351PD - part of their Airlite series). Weighs under 11 oz (empty) and holds seven rounds. The magazine really wasn't featuring the gun, they were using it to showcase the ammo. Sooooo, what's new in .22 WMR ammo? How about a round from Gold Dot specifically for defensive purposes?

Not to be sexist, but this could very well be the perfect woman's gun. I so often hear that some women have trouble racking the slide of a semi-auto - which leads directly down the revolver path. They all like the small size of the J-frame, often not understanding that reduced weight means increased recoil. Here you have it all: Extremely light weight; Seven rounds; Low recoil.

Granted, .22 WMR is not an ideal SD round, but better a Gold Dot .22 WMR that she has with her, than the 9mm or .38 that is back in the night stand because it's too heavy, or recoils too much, etc, etc. It may not be an ideal round, but I would not want to be shot with it - even once, let alone seven times.

Hijack done.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Agreed on 9mm, and whoa... I want that 351PD... now. 22WMR FTMFW!

If the Glock 25 or 28 were allowed to be imported, there are some of you that would jump all over them.

I like the idea of "something new" and "different". More power to them, but I will not stock it.