I would pick the model you are looking for and use the price checker here on the forum. I would also say that being you stopped in the Sayreville sportman and are in the area to check out Ira over at Legends, not a store front but a FFL and a darn good guy. However I do have to put in a plug for Paul aka PK90 and A-n-A, and Tony, TJ Sporting Arms being I have dealt with both of them also but only recommending based on proximity from Oldbridge.

Harry

I just picked up a new Ruger Mark III Stainless Hunter last week. I've had it to the range a couple of times. What a great gun.

10118.jpg

This is the gun I'm looking at picking up. I was considering the shorter barrel version....what would I loose if I went with the shorter barrel? Velocity? Accuracy? Prices I've been quoted so far have the same price for either. Can a scope be mounted on this?

Dave

I prefered this one with the longer barrel. It has a more balanced feel to me. Yes, it's tapped for the rail that comes with it. I'd expect it may be a bit more accurate due to the longer barrel itself, in addition to it feeling more balanced.

I have to go out somewhere (I guess I can get one at Lowes) and get one of those soft-head hammers, just in case I have to hammer that pin out.

Dont waste your money, find an old piece of wood, i use a small 2x4 block, poor mans hammer. Works great! lol.

I use a small rubber hammer/mallet to knock the main spring housing out. It is quite stiff at first and a bit difficult to get out.

I found this video helpful in disassembly/reassembly.

And of course, what good would it be without a picture.

P6032334.jpg

It's a Millet SP-1 Red dot with 3 MOA dot which is pretty much the smallest sized dot you can get. I like it. It is your typical tube style red dot sight, it works well, and it won't break the bank. I'd say for a .22 pistol it is about the most popular red dot besides an ultra-dot. I have a blast just plinking with it. Off a bag you can shoot pretty darn accurate at 50 and solid enough out to 100. Off hand anything within 25 yards is toast.

The Millet

http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/510065/millett-compact-red-dot-sight-1-tube-1x-3-moa-dot-with-weaver-style-rings-silver

Ultra-dots

http://www.midwayusa.com/browse/BrowseProducts.aspx?tabid=3&categoryid=11757&categorystring=657***7276***&brandId=2689