BierGut

Time Period You Guys Have Been Seeing...

Readington Townsip,Hunterdon County

FID+PP or just PPs = 45 days , no more , no less after you apply.

They require a paystub to verify employment now. Its an added requirement but better than the detective calling work and asking the HR if i work there.

UPDATE: This time round it was 30 days to the day.

Local. Don't know how it is for the folks who use state police barracks though.

Interesting. I'm into my 5th week of waiting and my two references haven't recieved anything as of yet. When I called my local PD, they said they didn't get anything back from the state as of yet. Should I call my local PD back and ask them when they plan on mailing the paper to my references?

Interesting. I'm into my 5th week of waiting and my two references haven't recieved anything as of yet. When I called my local PD, they said they didn't get anything back from the state as of yet. Should I call my local PD back and ask them when they plan on mailing the paper to my references?

If I had to guess, I would say your PD is bullshitting you. Either they haven't sent anything to the State Police (which is the most likely scenario - and why they don't have anything back yet), or they have and are just sitting on it. I would call the State Police Firearms unit and inquire about your paperwork. If they tell you they don't have it, you can walk into your local PD and tell them Lieutenant So-and-so from the state police says they haven't gotten it. If they have processed it, you can walk in to your local PD and say Lieutenant So-and-so from the state police says they already processed it.

Either of those cases will require the local PD to take some action.

I would ask your PD to either send out the letters again, and while you are at it, ask if they can do any of this via Email. Some PD will except reference Emails as a substitute to snail mail.

This is another reason I always say you should keep up with your references and see when or if they get anything as well as checking back with the PD to see if there are any problems and if there is anything you can do. I has helped me each and every time to avert a delays.

Harry

Are you guys all first time purchasers? Why are you waiting for permits? Sheesh. I am going to start an educational campaign. "6 every 6". If you apply for SIX permits every SIX months and overlap the applications, you will always have a permit in hand to buy AND never have to wait. Total cost is $60 per year. You have to play the game until the law is changed.

• Like 1

So, I just called my local PD. Lady says that the state still has it. I gave all my paperwork to the city PD on 09/12. She said the PD sent it to the state on 09/26. I feel like I'm getting j*rked-off without the thrill of sh**ting my load. She says that once they get it back from the state, it's no time at all after that for me to get my permits. They just give it to a city detective for him to do something. I still don't understand how this is all occurring and my references still not receiving anything.

Is there someone at the state level I can call to get a status or am I at the mercy of my local PD?

Today is my 30th day, since dropping off the paperwork. My (2) references have not received anything or been contacted as of yet.

I think I'm getting jerk around by my local PD. I just called this dumb-a** women who handles this for my city and she told me, "Nope, still nothing back from the State". I asked if there was a way to check the status and she said no, just keep waiting. I reminder her that my 2-references still haven't received anything. She said, "that's strange, I mailed the papers out on 09/26". I asked this women what to do now and she said to confirm they didn't get this and to let her know. I just contacted my references and they confirmed not receiving anything. I personally think this b*tch either f*cked-up and didn't mail them or is purposely delaying me. My issue with this entire mess is if I didn't keep calling, no one would be doing anything and I would be waiting indefinately.

Who can I call (and I need the phone number) from the State to make an inquiry and report this mess? I'm prepared to make an issue of this. This is bullsh*t.

Schedule an appointment with the town Police Chief. The last thing he wants to do is spend time on a problem caused by his staff not doing their paperwork. Don't be angry or rude, but be insistent. Offer him an alternative. Tell him you can personally bring in the reference forms signed and filled out by the references. If he is uncooperative, tell him that you will be speaking with the State Police and filing a complaint and that he should expect a call from the state. Use the correct State Police officer's name (from the NJSP website) name so he doesn't think you are bullshitting him/won't follow through. He needs to know that you are not just another blowhard that he can ignore without consequence.

Thanks. I just got a call from the women at the PD. She says that today's mail just came and they received what they needed back from the State Police. Now, today, she will re-mail (yea, right. i bet they were never mailed to begin with) the paper to my 2-references. Once she gets them back, they'll issue my permits.

Thanks. I just got a call from the women at the PD. She says that today's mail just came and they received what they needed back from the State Police. Now, today, she will re-mail (yea, right. i bet they were never mailed to begin with) the paper to my 2-references. Once she gets them back, they'll issue my permits.

You might want to ask her is Email would be good from your references, some PD's do allow this, especially if the references are not on email accounts Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail etc.

I had that problem and once and I had my references send the info from there work email accounts and I had that done in 15 minutes. The PD just gave me the information that they wanted in the Email and it was off to the Chief to sign it the same day.

Also to note, the references were not the normal ones I use, I change them up so I don't keep bothering the same people all the time, and this was there first time. Oh and before you ask, I used the same ones a bunch of times and yes letters went out to the same people to answer the same questions each time so it didn't matter that I used different people. Unlike some stories of some PD's, if the references are the same as before they don't send anything or contact them, or if they do sometimes it might just be a phone call.

Just want to give some timelines for permits here in Union Township. I met with the Detective on Wednesday the 26th at 8am. I had all my paperwork filled out and after him reviewing and me signing and taking my reference prints I was out the door. Total time was < 10 mins. On Thursday the 27th, my references received their questionnaires.

I will update once I receive my permits but I expect them quickly. Application for FID + permits originally took 6 weeks from app submission but I didn't get to Morpheus until 2 weeks after. So I guess we can say 4 weeks?.. Not too shabby!

Edited

Cherry Hill check in here. Papers dropped off at offices on Oct 20, 2011 for 6 PPP. These are definintely not my first. My last PPP applicationwas last winter. That did take long as the CHPD Investigator was injured and his duties dropped. Started the clock. They usually run 30days on the nose.

I am going to start an educational campaign. "6 every 6". If you apply for SIX permits every SIX months and overlap the applications, you will always have a permit in hand to buy AND never have to wait. You have to play the game until the law is changed.

that is so funny. of course, while waterford township may let you get 6 each time, other townships may not be as cheerful about a request for 6 permits. I know...we can request as many as we'd like. bullcrap. i think the real definition is "as many as a reasonable person would request." in my town, i think even asking for 4 is pushing it. :)

Edited

Cherry Hill check in here. Papers dropped off at offices on Oct 20, 2011 for 6 PPP. These are definintely not my first. My last PPP applicationwas last winter. That did take long as the CHPD Investigator was injured and his duties dropped. Started the clock. They usually run 30days on the nose.

axeman- You are asking about the turn around time for 6 permits? I don't think I can count that high. One of my Ch friends doesn't go above 1-2 each time. He told me to keep it at 3 or less.

let me ask you: do you think there is an issue with your asking for 6 permits? I'm not trying to be negative, but do you think the quantity of 6 might result in an issuance delay? I haven't read about very many requests for 6 permits, especially since they revamped the reference letters.

Unless one is in law enforcement or the military, does a larger number of permits bring into question ones competency or "reasonable use"?

Translation: Even though there is no set limit on # of permits which can be requested, in reality isn't there a maximum based on the town's interpretation of "reasonable usage"? Maybe we should all be asking for 4-6 permits each time!

Njgunner, you are thinking wayyyyyyy tooooooo much. Applying for 1 or 20 makes no difference. It is not a reason to hold up anything. You are not doing anyone a favor only asking for 2 or 3 permits.

For shits and giggles, I will apply for 15 or 20 next time.... Just because. Cheap insurance for really good deals that come up.

I requested 4. I don't think it would matter if I requested 10. CH has been decent till this past winter when new chief implemented notary requirement for reference letters and then Insp

Vitarelli retired. New guy then got hurt and the duties got dropped until there for was a big outcry and the placed two det om the job. We shall see.

that is so funny. of course, while waterford township may let you get 6 each time, other townships may not be as cheerful about a request for 6 permits. I know...we can request as many as we'd like. bullcrap. i think the real definition is "as many as a reasonable person would request." in my town, i think even asking for 4 is pushing it. :)

They can not limit you, if they say you can;t purchase 6 guns let them know you can with the extension, and if they give you another excuse, there is a letter from the NJSP that I'll post if I can fine it again letting the PD's know that say they are not supposed to limed the number of permits.