Luke_WO

Range 14 crowd?

So I'm trying to plan an epic day on Friday, starting at Lehigh Valley to shoot clays and then driving back to Range 14 to join up and shoot a while before heading home.

The Range 14 site says they're open 1-8 on Fridays this time of year. Can someone confirm that, and also confirm if you can join and shoot in the same day?

Also, I'm wondering if anyone knows if there's a time of day when Range 14 is more or less crowded than another. I'm just trying to plan what time to get to LVSC so it all coincides with getting to Range 14 at a good time. LVSC opens at 9:30, so if I get there at opening, I should be out of there and at Range 14 by 2-ish, I would think.

Any answers you guys have would be awesome. Thanks.

R14 is open fridays until December (i think), so you're good to go. And yes, you can join and shoot the same day. I did that. And Fridays, especially now that it's cooler out tend to be fairly light in terms of crowds. The only days you really need to worry about are Saturday/Sundays in the AM. Plan on being there at opening on those days, or you're having a minimum 1 hr wait.

Not sure what you mean Maksim. Are you saying it's not open for regular business on Friday, or are you just saying that it will become more crowded in general with the approach of hunting season?

Friday will be better than the weekend, but yes, many hunters are starting to flood the range in preparation for deer season. Also, signing up as a member takes as long as it takes you to fill out a 2"x3" card.

Don't listen to the "shouldn't be crowded" comments. I had last Friday off, figured that it shouldn't be bad, as people should be working. Wrong. I showed up before 1 (opening) and the line was out the door to shoot. All tables filled, only 1 table opened up after first hour, so there were people who would have had to wait for 2 hours just to shoot. So to say it shouldn't be as crowded as a weekend is a huge understatement.

I find if you go on a Friday, go late. It usually empties out toward the last few hours. They turn on the lights when it gets dark so you can indeed shoot till 8. It seems people come in waves. I was forced to shoot the pistol range for an hour while I waited for a table at the rifle range, and that very next hour there was only 2 other people shooting...

I was forced to shoot the pistol range for an hour while I waited for a table at the rifle range, and that very next hour there was only 2 other people shooting...

This is a good option to point out. You can usually put your name in for the rifle range, then spend some time at the pistol range.

Just to add, I would get to Lehigh by 9, fill out the paperwork (short) and get your control box, cart (if needed) and be ready to shoot @ 9:30. I don't know how Fridays are there, but I hate getting stuck behind 4 or 5 groups right out of the gate...

BTW if you want to shoot just pistols and .22 rifles you can use the 50 yard pistol range at dix, i honestly didnt even know about it untill last week and there was no wait there at all. Didnt get to shoot my shotgun, but it was better then waiting an hour and a half...

(that wait was at like 10am on sunday)