jcerillo70

Next Firearm suggestions? This is a hard one...

So i have my 3 main bases covered

>Shotgun- Stoeger over & under /12 ga

>Rifle- AR 15 / 5.56

>Pistol- Glock 20 / 10mm

Others in my collection-

Ruger 10/22

Glock 34- 9mm

SA 1911 loaded - 45ACP

Ruger gp100- 5'' .357 mag

Ruger bobcat - .22 revolver

-----------

So i mean, i have all my bases covered.

I shoot indoor at shore shot until i join CJRPC next year. I reload so caliber and ammo isn't a concern.

maybe its time to go tacti-cool , maybe its time to start a C&R collection. idk where to go from here but i have 4 pistol permits left and plan on having a $800 budget per firearm. next purchase date is Nov. 1st

What do you think for the guy that has it all lol ?

Edit: Doesn't have to be just handgun's. Though they're my fav at the moment.

Dad has the muzzleloaders, and 44 mag that i always have access to.

So i have my 3 main bases covered

>Shotgun- Stoeger over & under /12 ga

>Rifle- AR 15 / 5.56

>Pistol- Glock 20 / 10mm

Others in my collection-

Ruger 10/22

Glock 34- 9mm

SA 1911 loaded - 45ACP

-----------

So i mean, i have all my bases covered.

I shoot indoor at shore shot until i join CJRPC next year. I reload so caliber and ammo isn't a concern.

maybe its time to go tacti-cool , maybe its time to start a C&R collection. idk where to go from here but i have 4 pistol permits left and plan on having a $800 budget per firearm. next purchase date is Nov. 1st

What do you think for the guy that has it all lol ?

It seems there are a few gaping holes in your collection (and in all of ours). A single action revolver, a BP revolver, a 22 target pistol i.e. Ruger MKII/III, a hammer driven wonder-nine i.e. HK/Sig/CZ, a CCW pistol, a revolver cut for moon-clips, something absurd just for sh*ts and giggles i.e. Desert Eagle in .50AE or S&W 500mag, an IPSC/USPSA type open gun, Limited gun, a pistol chambered in something stupid i.e. Five-seveN, a revolver with unneeded changes i.e. Chiappa Rhino, a single-shot pistol i.e. Encore, a flintlock-kit (can we have these?), something historical i.e. service 1911 or luger. Not all of these are suggestions for guns I think you SHOULD have, just other options. Since you mentioned Nov 1 as the next purchase date I'm assuming you meant handguns. I'm sure there are tons more, but I have to go to class, good luck!

You should retract the 'has it all' statement because although you might have a good collection going so far, you can always make that collection better or add much more to it :)

Get another rifle. You seem to have a lot of handguns and revolvers so maybe another rifle would be a good addition.

Edit: Just read Mr. P's post and realized you're looking into handguns. I'd suggest a CZ or a BHP. Something you don't see all too often.

Here's my purchase plan for the next 3 months:

- Glock 30 SF

- Glock 17

- Glock 34

Sell:

- My Colt Python race gun... I think.

Work on:

-Re-finishing wood grips on my one AK

-Tacticool the other AK

-Cut down wood forend on my Remmy 870 and put on my Mesa Tactical side saddle

Long term outlook:

-Build a 20" optics AR-15... BCM 20" upper with free float tube and scope. Still in planning stages.

-YOu love your revolvers chris ! My dads trying to sell me his S&W highway patrolman, blued but i feel like if i went for another revolver, it would have to be a big bore like a .44 or .454

-I think im all polymer'd out after owning 2 Glocks lol

-Rifle is probably the way to go *

- If i did get a small carry gun, id probably get a Glock 29 or go all the way with an EMP

i also failed to mention i have a Original Colt 1911 from 1918 (he claims) coming my way from Grandpa- very excited for that! he said he still has it loaded with military ammo from when he was in the service. idk how he swindled his way into keeping it

Personally I would stay away from the stoeger o/u. Spend a few extra bucks and get a remmy 1100 or something semi auto. The o/u guns are nice but you would need to be over teh 1K range to get something nice. I shot a stoeger and there was no love. Albeit, it was a $300-350 job from Dicks.

Personally I would stay away from the stoeger o/u. Spend a few extra bucks and get a remmy 1100 or something semi auto. The o/u guns are nice but you would need to be over teh 1K range to get something nice. I shot a stoeger and there was no love. Albeit, it was a $300-350 job from Dicks.

Yuppers the Stoeger was my first gun purchase.$350 out the door ;) I took many of pheasants with her. My designated Shotgun was always my fathers Browning Humpback until i picked up the stoeger(Kind of a downgrade), but i should definitely pick up MY OWN semi. Very good point or trick dad into signing over the winchester 1200...

I'd recommend staying away from the Saiga-12 in NJ. In its factory configuration with a 5 round magazine, it handles poorly and is very clunky, with crap balance, and an awful trigger. The fun of those guns comes from converting them into 12 gauge AKs, which is not legal to do here.

How about try out a lever action rifle? The Henry rifles are available with straight stocks, octagonal barrels and brass receivers, just like the old days. Very fun guns and come in many calibers from .22 all the way to 45-70.

Or how about a pistol caliber carbine like the Beretta CXwhatever?

Lol I can't believe you remember that.. I ended up getting dura coat kit. Practicing on an ammo can. And it looked like ray Charles himself painted it. That was one of my notorious bad plans that I like to bring to the table lol you know just like my AK or MP5 build from scratch lol good thing I ask here first lol

Shotgun- Stoeger over & under /12 ga

Rifle- AR 15 / 5.56

Pistol- Glock 20 / 10mm

Ruger 10/22

Glock 34- 9mm

SA 1911 loaded - 45ACP

You are missing the following:

A good pump shotgun

A long-range bolt gun

A .22 handgun for hunting small game

A small, handy concealable handgun

And, of course you are missing the following fun things: CZ 75B, GSG 1911-22, S&W 625

Thoughts...

Pump Gun: Mossberg 500, 590; Remington 870, or Ithaca 37

Bolt Gun: Remington 700, Savage 10 series, Winchester 70, Ruger 77... in .308 or .30/06 w/ at least a 22" barrel

A .22 handgun for hunting with at least a 5" barrel: Ruger Mark II or III, Browning Buckmark, or a revolver, such as a S&W 617 or Taurus 992, or even a Ruger Single Six or Single Ten

A small handy, concealable gun... Small .38/.357 revolver... Taurus 85, S&W 642, Ruger SP101, GP100 3", or a Glock 19, Glock 26, or Ruger LC9, Ruger SR9C, Kimber Solo, Kahr PM9

Also, an M1A would be a nice addition, as well as some collectibles... Colt Woodsman, German Luger, Older 1911, Browning Hi-Power, Walther P38...

If I had what you have and I liked handguns, I would probably get these in the following order:

Glock 19 or Ruger LC9

Ruger Mark III or S&W Model 617 or Ruger Single Six (.22LR and .22WMR)

CZ 75B or variant

And for a really neat revolver, see if you can get one in .44 Special, such as a S&W Model 24.

I see more than one vote for Glock 19 & CZ 75B > 2 guns i always wanted to have as well as the BHP

I'm a big fan of the 45ACP...But im saving in a separate account for a custom 1911

Long range- *Remington 700 in .308>>>>> Will be buying. Thanks for that one guys

-Small carry gun... Im a big guy 6'1'' 280 lbs do i still need a little .380 to keep in my pocket, doesn't hurt to have it. And ive heard noting but good things about the ruger LCP. Ad what Bond fan can be without a Walther PPK.

-Comp guns- i have the G34 for minor & my 1911 for major and a nice belt/holster/mag holders so im good there

-Semi auto Rifles - Who hasn't looked at the saiga's in 308 !!! we can get into the 7.62x39 vs 7.62x51 debate but in times of war(and god forbid it from happening and it most likely wont). When you run out of ammo, you will be sharing it with the military. 7.62 NATO / 5.56 X 45 / 9MM.

so what does it come down to so far...

Rem 700 (308)

Winchester 1200 (12 ga.)

Saiga (308) Converted of course, now i can share ammo with the 700

9 MM - BHP / CZ 75 / G19

small carry gun - LCP/PPK/EMP

For fun - Henry big boy >357 mag or 44 mag

Its getting narrowed down ladies and gentleman..What would i do without you ;)

Something in a caliber where you can reach out and touch someone. M1A or PTR91 in 308. 1903 Springfield or M1 Garand in 30 '06.

I like that idea! semi auto / long range / available calibers

Ill have to check out some used ones on gun broker