usnmars

This years winter project

Does anyone else get any winter projects to keep themselves busy while the snow is falling? I do one every year and thinking big time out of the box on this one. A 7.62x39 detachable single stack ak mag MOSIN! HMMMM, the gears in my head are spinning. Anyone else doing any builds or restorations this winter?

Yup,

Load a bunch of ammo, Do work on different guns I already own, not doing a build this year and Load a bunch of Ammo. Probably take down one Harley's and do some work on it for the next season, and Load a bunch of Ammo. There there are a few other projects around the house that I will be wrapping up, oh and did I mention, Load a bunch of Ammo? :icon_mrgreen:

Well we are going to "attempt" to do it to my monster mosin. We'll see what happens.

If anyone has 1 or 2 psl mags they have laying around with no use for, it'd be greatly appreciated that I would like to buy them.

I have a couple projects in mind. I just finished a trigger job and duracoat on my PC4. Also added an accessory rail and ordered a Magpul AFG for it. I am going to duracoat my P94 to match, probably do the magazines as well, (OD).

I'm thinking about duracoating one of my AR's; perhaps German Blue

If I can find a cheap 8mm Mauser for cheap I'd like to do a conversion kit. Mauser that shoots 45acp and uses 1911 magazines.

If I get the extra cash I'll finish one of my arisaka restorations. (not a cheap restoration).

MedicYeti

got to give you credit that Ruger PC4 has a lot of small parts in that FCG ,,

Yup, and the pin you graciously made for me is not the smallest part. This is a trigger assembly I have become intimately familiar with.

Can't have too Mosin projects, so here's mine. I bought one in early September that I haven't even looked at yet, specifically as winter project, I plan on stripping it, removing all the cosmo, sanding down the stock to bare wood, then painting it OD green. I know, not very exiting but my abilities are limited and I'm still learning.

Other project is turning a spare bass guitar case into a rifle case, I can easily fit 2 rifles in it along with scopes.

Not too exiting but should keep me home so I'm not out wasting fuel and money.

I found a cheap and beat up Mauser so one of my projects will be a Troup Systems Mauser Conversion. This Conversion turns the Mauser into a 45acp rifle that is fed by a 1911 magazine. It looks like fun.