KpdPipes

New (PT)1911

Taurus PT-1911 in .38 Super..Picked it up from Paul this morning.

tauruspt191101.jpg

Initial Impression: VERY good, finish is black phosphate, VERY subtle gold inlay in the engraving. Fit and finish seems pretty good, Color is consistant inside and out. Sights are Novak-style 3-dot and very crisp. Decent Beavertail Grip, Ambi-safety, and FL Guide rod came from the factory. I'll be shooting it in a couple of days so i'll drop a range report then.

Very nice, you will like it.. i have one all black 38super without the gold inlay and it is a great shooter, I shot one steel match and one uspsa with it.

I also have one pimped out 38 super SS polished gold accents with rail, paul also did my transfer, this one is also a great shooter..

It is fun to reload for also, from target rounds all the way to mags.. both of mine have cycled all the loads i have made up so far with no issues using 115 fmj with #2,#5 and #7 it has been a fun ride so far..

Al, i have a 30 cal 1911 "drop-in" conversion barrel that i bought for my PT1911 but the fit isn't good on mine out of the box to work without gunsmithing. Would you mind if we tried it in yours to see if i just have a dud? I can sorta see the slide to frame fit on the back of your gun is pretty good. Mine is kinda sloppy which is why i kinds suspect the gun, not the barrel. LMK!

Al, i have a 30 cal 1911 "drop-in" conversion barrel that i bought for my PT1911 but the fit isn't good on mine out of the box to work without gunsmithing. Would you mind if we tried it in yours to see if i just have a dud? I can sorta see the slide to frame fit on the back of your gun is pretty good. Mine is kinda sloppy which is why i kinds suspect the gun, not the barrel. LMK!

Tokarev round???? Anyway, Sure, no problem, you can also try to drop it into my Colt and see if it works in that. Tony, I'll be picking your brain for loads then :) thank God Cor-bon makes pow-r-ball for this so i can carry it when I retire.

So, now I have 1911's in .380, .38 Sup and .45 ACP..Now I just need a 9mm, .40, .357 (Coonan) and .45 Win mag (Grizzly )

I sold a new one a few weeks ago. It was very nice.

i remember you telling me about that last time I was down there...I think the Coonan will be my Retirement present to Me..although i would love to have it to show up to Qual..Just ONCE :icon_mrgreen:

Tokarev round???? Anyway, Sure, no problem, you can also try to drop it into my Colt and see if it works in that. Tony, I'll be picking your brain for loads then :) thank God Cor-bon makes pow-r-ball for this so i can carry it when I retire.

So, now I have 1911's in .380, .38 Sup and .45 ACP..Now I just need a 9mm, .40, .357 (Coonan) and .45 Win mag (Grizzly )

Affirmative on the Tok caliber. :)

If you're curious to check out a Coonan, i can help you out with that. ;)

Colt Mustang (i think)

it was the pistol the Sig P238 was suppose to copy.

Colt stopped making them and now started up again.

DING DING DING DING WINNAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Ok, Shot the Taurus on Monday put 200 rounds through it to break it in a bit, 100% functioning, with only One issue, the CMC magazines don't engage the slide stop enough to lock it open after the last round. My Colt mag and the 2 Taurus mags that came with it were 100%. I also shot my "bargain" Colt Combat Elite in .38 super..now i know why I got it so cheap, it's gonna take some work. All in all my $440.00 Taurus is running 100%, Trigger is about 4 1/2 lbs, nice and crisp. accurate and fast, Ran the "Combat" course with it as well, and shot better than i had with my Duty weapon. About the only thing i'm going to change on this is the hammer, it has that silly Taurus "Safety Lock" dingus built into it..i'm never going to use it So I don't want it installed.

Alot of shooters have been changing the hammer out, some have had to change the disconector and sear with it.

I dont use it but it does not bother me being their both guns run 100% and triggers feel good so i left them alone..