david8613

any 10mm lovers out there?

I love 10 millimeter , but I gave up on it in order to consolidate calibers I reload in. if I were ever somehow limited to 1 gun in 1 caliber, I would switch back to 10 millimeter. it's much easier to be a brass whore with 45ACP and 9 millimeter. 10mm brass is pretty scarce on range floors.

I started shooting 10mm a few months ago and i shoot this caliber most accurately so far.

Got a G20 slide over a G21

Looking into reloading it as well and i just bought a hand press for the task since i cant mount a press anywhere in my condo

I`ve shot Prvi Partizan 10mm which is very mild and i buy it for 18$ a box and save the brass , Hornady...........better load than Prvi but pricey ........Buffalo Bore which is really great but costs an arm and a leg..............and i`m getting Swampfox soon as soon as i can get a fully supported lone wolf barrel and a stronger spring.

I`ve also bought some BVAC 10mm ammo but have not shot it yet..............

I love the 10mm... but found it to be irrelevant for me here in NJ. Not too many bears or wild pigs in south jersey NOR opportunities for me to carry a handgun while bird hunting. It is the perfect mountain caliber and the G20 platform is the perfect mate to the round.

I started shooting 10mm a few months ago and i shoot this caliber most accurately so far.

Got a G20 slide over a G21

Looking into reloading it as well and i just bought a hand press for the task since i cant mount a press anywhere in my condo

I`ve shot Prvi Partizan 10mm which is very mild and i buy it for 18$ a box and save the brass , Hornady...........better load than Prvi but pricey ........Buffalo Bore which is really great but costs an arm and a leg..............and i`m getting Swampfox soon as soon as i can get a fully supported lone wolf barrel and a stronger spring.

I`ve also bought some BVAC 10mm ammo but have not shot it yet..............

Do you prefer the Lone Wolf barrel over a KKM barrel?

Believe it or not, I found the less expennsive Lone Wolf to be the tighter chamber of the two. The KKM was the nicer barrel though. I didn't notice a difference in accuracy. If I were going to carry in the woods, I'd want the KKM for its more forgiving chamber.

Do you prefer the Lone Wolf barrel over a KKM barrel?

The owner of SwampFox ammo posted this some time ago

Swamp Fox's terms and conditions:

ALL AMMO ON THIS SITE REGARDLESS OF SPEED RATING WILL AND DOES REQUIRE AN AFTERMARKET FULLY SUPPORTED CHAMBER BARREL AND A SPRING OF AT LEAST 22LBS for SEMI AUTOMATICS.THE BARRELS THAT MEET THAT REQUIREMENT ARE LONE WOLF AND STORM LAKE. KKM DOES NOT MEET THAT REQUIREMENT.

ALL PISTOLS WILL REQUIRE AN AFTERMARKET SPRING OF AT LEAST 22LBS IN COMBINATION WITH ONE OF THE TWO ABOVE MENTIONED BARRELS.

Awesome. I has a Dan Wesson CBOB in 10mm. I sold it because I felt like full power 10mm loads were going to shake the thing apart eventually. A comp on a full size 10mm 1911 sounds perfect. The STI Perfect 10 (longslide 10mm 1911) is sweet too.

talkin about long slide, this is nice!

7a474b78.jpg

I built one. They are tough to get to run well. That big honking slide (I had the one without the cutouts, which probably contribute towards the problems) weighs so much. It tames recoil super well, but makes reliable cycling difficult.

Since Pizza Bob hasn't said it, I will: I LOVE my Model 610. I have about 50 rounds of 10mm that came with the gun, but I only shoot .40 cal from it, much cheaper. Brass is no problem, the moonclips keep it all together for me. :)

Sorry, I see all you guys are talking about bottom-feeders here. ;)

Since Pizza Bob hasn't said it, I will: I LOVE my Model 610. I have about 50 rounds of 10mm that came with the gun, but I only shoot .40 cal from it, much cheaper. Brass is no problem, the moonclips keep it all together for me. :)

Sorry, I see all you guys are talking about bottom-feeders here. ;)

Pics?

I'll post some tomorrow Ray. Crazy Mike (not sure of his last name) at OBRPC wants me to sell it to him, but I said nope! I really like that gun, I am pretty accurate with it. I usually use it for PPC (except for tonight, I used a 686 and a 625) and I used it for an indoor event at OB last week.

Hot 10mm is the equivalent of light bullet 41 magnum. It is a sizeable step up from 357magnum in power. Of course 41 mag smokes 10mm once you start using heavier bullets.

Buy some double tap 135 grain ammo. That is some flame throwing fun at 1700 fps.

Hot 10mm is the equivalent of light bullet 41 magnum. It is a sizeable step up from 357magnum in power. Of course 41 mag smokes 10mm once you start using heavier bullets.

Buy some double tap 135 grain ammo. That is some flame throwing fun at 1700 fps.

Double Tap and Buffalo Bore are two companies that make ammo the way it's supposed to be, fun!