nj22

Clubs around Jersey City

For those of you living near NYC, are you a member of any club?

I've been paging through the list sticky, but I'd like to hear from people who actually live up here--where they go and why.

For public ranges there's Bayonne and Bullet hole, but they cost every time you go. I know that will limit the amount of time I spend on the range. I'd prefer to pay one yearly fee and then feel obligated to spend a lot of time there to get my money's worth. However, I'd prefer not to spend an hour in the car to get there.

Looking for a place I can shoot at multiple distances (not fixed distance if possible). Indoors, open more often than not (some ranges seem to have very limited hours). Allow standard pistol calibers and, best case, rifle or shotgun in case I go down that road. Don't want to have to buy ammo or targets from the range if I can avoid it.

Thoughts?

For those of you living near NYC, are you a member of any club?

I've been paging through the list sticky, but I'd like to hear from people who actually live up here--where they go and why.

For public ranges there's Bayonne and Bullet hole, but they cost every time you go. I know that will limit the amount of time I spend on the range. I'd prefer to pay one yearly fee and then feel obligated to spend a lot of time there to get my money's worth. However, I'd prefer not to spend an hour in the car to get there.

Looking for a place I can shoot at multiple distances (not fixed distance if possible). Indoors, open more often than not (some ranges seem to have very limited hours). Allow standard pistol calibers and, best case, rifle or shotgun in case I go down that road. Don't want to have to buy ammo or targets from the range if I can avoid it.

Thoughts?

Yeah - move. Sorry - but nothing to my knowledge fits your bill in the NYC area.

• Like 1

Good question. 20 mins with no traffic (middle of the day). 30 mins in normal traffic. Impossible at rush hour.

I'll check out Tenafly. I was confused by the website and all the range hours. I thought it was .22 only for steel, but I guess it's .22 only for the shooting gallery. Does 25 yards for the steel mean fixed at 25 yards? Also, happy to hear shotgun is allowed--that's next on my list. Only problem is it isn't cheap, and it's about 40 mins from me. But I appreciate the info.

You can shoot in certain sections of Jersey City as most of the residents do anyways. Funny though, as it seems the range hours are usually late at night to about 3 am.

There is the Schuetzen Park indoor pistol caliber range in North Bergen, private, simple, but affordable to join.

I've been driving all the way out to the Easton Fish & Game range just over the PA border on Route 78 but am considering joining Old Bridge because the long drive uses up my concentration before I even get there. Anyone from Jersey City here who are members at Old Bridge?

I'm a resident of Bayonne and a member of Old Bridge. Worth the money and drive.

I'm a member if OBRPC and it's a great club. A little money the first year but not so bad after that, plus if you do any of the competitions you pay a reduced price, and if you do it once a month or more it saves you a lot of money. Not to mention how well the club is run and what you can do there.

I can guest you if you want to check it out sometime.

(null)