NJCK

Anyone have or know a QUALITY body shop?

Hey fellow NJ gunners! I need something different if anyone can help...

Came out from an appointment on Tuesday to find someone hit and ran my 14 year-old truck! :fuckyou:

It appears it was someone pulling a K-turn in the street (I was parked along curb meters) with a tall vehivcle, probably a delivery truck, because it hit dead center of my driver's door and pierced right through the sheet metal and creased and deformed the door. Fortunately, no damage but the door, and the inner panel holder the window motor, lock actuator, speaker, etc is OK. Door is not worth skinning since new doors are regularly available, and I'm going to need a new window and track as well. These I can get as I have contacts in GMSPO.

My problem lies in that I have a difficult color to match, and I am a gearhead who is pretty darn particular! I've customized the truck and maintained it like new until this week! Only work I had done with paint was when the cowl hood went on, and I had a hell of a shop when I was still living out of state. They shot 16 test panels to get the color and flake right.

Anyone know a quality shop in the tri-State area? Boggs is not an option.

TIA

Dales custom auto in hackenstown nj lays down some really nice paint. They will have no problem matching your paint. They do allot of high end customs as well as auto body.

PS- i was autobody tech for a few years and am a PPG certified painter so my eye for auto paint is a little more trained than most

Appreciate the input all! I'm in Gloucester County, but that's irrelevant to me as I'll drive up to a few hours if I need for the quality. I've got some good shots of the paint someplace that I'll try to dig up and post. For you real knowledgeable paint guys, it's GM's Laguna Green Metallic, and if you know it, then you also know not only is there wide variation of the color itself, there's huge variation in the flake! Because of the flake, this is one of those paints that look one color straight on, and another at an angle. One color in the direct sunlight, and another in indirect. One of those colors painters cringe at!

I don't remember if they do bodywork, but Mickey's auto repair in Philly is really good. I'm friends with the owner's son (who is a new member on the board, Rosati48, you can ask him for more info.) But I know they have a good reputation for their work, and take care of their customers.

Anyone know a quality shop in the tri-State area? Boggs is not an option.

TIA

That's funny... I read the topic and Boggs is the first place that came to mind. His guys do great work, but they are also really $$$, so I'm guessing you're paying for this out of pocket? (Otherwise, I'm really curious why Boggs wouldn't be an option). I just had my wife's Sienna repaired there after a "valet parking" incident in Philly...

As for other quality shops in this area, check out Mantua Auto Body. I had a black Monte Carlo SS repaired there years ago and you could not tell where they had painted. I also had a ram air hood for my black Impala SS painted at First Choice Collision in Voorhees. They did a spectacular job and were very reasonably priced.

That's funny... I read the topic and Boggs is the first place that came to mind. His guys do great work, but they are also really $$$, so I'm guessing you're paying for this out of pocket? (Otherwise, I'm really curious why Boggs wouldn't be an option). I just had my wife's Sienna repaired there after a "valet parking" incident in Philly...

Jason Boggs and I go back many, many years and there isn't anything good between us. I have other reasons specific to his shop's work versus charges, but I'm not here on the board for that. I simply choose not to do business with Jason. His best painter, who was masterful in matching even the most difficult colors and metallics, moved to greener pastures a few years ago.

Jason Boggs and I go back many, many years and there isn't anything good between us. I have other reasons specific to his shop's work versus charges, but I'm not here on the board for that. I simply choose not to do business with Jason. His best painter, who was masterful in matching even the most difficult colors and metallics, moved to greener pastures a few years ago.

I can see how Mother Theresa could've had a checkered past with Jason... He's not the most pleasant person to deal with. I go to Boggs when I'm getting repairs on somebody else's dime. If I'm paying for it, I used the other two shops I mentioned.