Krdshrk

NJGF Arms Race 2012

Picked up a GP100 last week, I'll be picking up a S&W Model 10-7 in another 20 days or so. Yeah, no chance of beating BLF unless I win the lottery before the new year. :lol: Only other planned purchase I have is a set of wood grips for the ruger.

So, after a bit of a wait I Got my FID today. I was excited because I had two guns on hold at Caso's in Jersey City. Lisa took great care of me and even laminated my FID card for me. I definitely recommend them.

So, I came home with these today...sorry in advance for the crappy pics.

SIG P226, night sights and E2 grips...

4606f722f757a0e06df9f09445d9ff3b.jpg

S&W 15-22...

b6aa9524efe25e23dfe54ffb3cc72e2b.jpg

Ok so I am officially done buying for the year. I knew around march that I would be really busy with work (little did I know how right I would be after Sandy hit) and not have much time to shoot, so I decided that I would buy up things that I wanted this year, and focus more on shooting them next year. I was able to get most of what I wanted, and the few items that remain will be built or bought the first half of next year. Big thanks to all of the forum members that I either bought, sold, or traded with, you have all been awesome! I also plan on joining cjrpc early this year to have a place close to me to go and shoot. I am sad to say that my prediction came true and i went to the range a paltry 5 times this year :( I know that I did not add nearly as much to my safe as some others, but I am proud none the less. Without further adieu, here is my 2012 list:

Gen II Noveske lower that transformed into my ideal AR, completed with a Noveske 16" monolithic upper, Spikes enhanced lpk, an Ace ARFX stock, Battlecomp 1.0, Troy BUIS, and Aimpoint Pro

imag0790q.jpg

Adcor BEAR Elite 16" Piston AR - bought this on a whim from another forum member recently. Was on the fence about it after purchase, but have since grown to like it. The ability to take off the forward charging handle was what made me decide to keep it.

201212302225301.jpg

Kel Tec Sub 2000 - originally in the G17 configuration, but had been cut down to accept G19 mags. The cut down on the grip left a lot to be desired, but I was in a gun shop out of state and they had it on the shelf for an unbeatable price, so I jumped on it. This is probably my favorite purchase of the year (not because I like the gun, actually I am indifferent to it - but because my girlfriend fell in love with it and now she actually WANTS to go shooting with me without pulling her leg to do so).

20121230234456.jpg

S&W M&P15-22 - I bought this off of a forum member because I had read and heard good reviews of the rifle. I have still only shot about 100 rds through it but love it so far.

201212302338051.jpg

Kimber Custom II - I traded a forum member for this pistol, and couldn't be happier. The internet is riddled with reviews bashing Kimber, but I have only had this gun 3 months and run 400 flawless rounds thru it. I can't stop shooting it when I go to the range. It will shoot anything from junk wolf steel case to Federal HST hollow points without a single failure.

20121230234335.jpg

S&W M&P9c - I bought this off of a forum member also on a whim, when I was looking for a Shield. The price was right, and I am very happy with my purchase. It shoots very accurate, feels good in the hand, and I intend it to be my out of state carry weapon when my ccw permits come back. I still intend on purchasing a Shield and an XDS but until then I will continue to practice with this.

20121230234227.jpg

FNP 45 USG - I purchased this from a forum member in mid December. For quite some time I had been wanting a FNP 45 Tactical, but they are difficult to find and very expensive. When this came up for sale I jumped on it bc it was a good value and the only difference between the pistols was the threaded barrel and the raised sights. I am ashamed to say that I have not shot the gun since purchasing because every spare moment away from my job has been spent at my families store.

20121219201218.jpg

3 ATI Omni lowers - Purchased just the other day from ATI for a build that I want to accomplish, that will clearly spill into 2013. Hopefully they will arrive at the ffl soon.

Buys for 2013:

XDS

M&P Shield

CZ-75

Baby Eagle (.45 or 9mm)

SCAR 16S

Mini 14

I hope that all of you have a great New Year!

As a member that joined this year I want to say that I am very thankful for this board. It has provided a wealth of information about NJ laws, led me to multiple shops I would not have known about otherwise, and helped me meet many people I otherwise would not have come across.

Do I get bonus points for making all purchases in 10 days?

M&P 15 Sport

DPMS Sportical

Beretta 92 FS

Beretta CX 4

Henry survival rifle

Paid for a CX4 but have to wait to pick it up.

Got my fid 12/21.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

How do you like the RIA? I'm thinking about picking one up myself in .45 ACP.

I like it a lot. Mag is real tight fully loaded so I left it loaded to break in. Needs to break in to work out some feed issues before I give it a full review.