Underdog

New Ruger SR22

It may have been me, bad magazine, or a dirty gun (range gun), but I put about 200 rounds through a P22 last week and every single time it jammed on the last round. I would say that 90% of the time it tipped the round up, almost like a stovepipe, but the rim usually stayed in the magazine. The rest of the time the slide just didn't go comepletely forward.

Sometimes P22's have a feed issue when you use HP ammo, but you can take care of that easy enough. If you look at the feed ramp, at the top there is a small lip with an edge on it, relieve a little material and it will feed better.

As far as the tipping up of the next round, well that sounds like the ears on the mag that holds the round are out of spec, might need to bend them in a little. If you have more than 1 mag, especially one that isn't giving you problems, measure that one and measure the ones that are giving you problems. If there is a difference, bend them in a little so they measure the same as the good one..

May have to check this one out. I like my M&P 15-22 and now am in the the market for a 22Lr. handgun. Saw the M&P22 handgun and came on here to see what u guys thought of it but now I have something else to look into.

-Scott

Im in the same boat, two pistols that I am very interested in now. The ruger may have the advantage in my mind... if for nothing other than the price

They want the Walther P22 market too.

Their not going to get it. They were doing so well too! LCP winner, LCR big winner, SR9 and 40 series, winners, SR1911, winning, SR556 winner, LC9 fail and now this? Big fail

Gotta disagree, Raymond. As long as the SR22 proves to be reliable, i think it will do quite well against the P22. Do I think it was needed considering all the other fine .22s that Ruger makes? No, not at all. But, my guess is Ruger has been losing sales to the P22, and maybe even the M&P 22, and this is their answer to get some of those sales back.

Their not going to get it. They were doing so well too! LCP winner, LCR big winner, SR9 and 40 series, winners, SR1911, winning, SR556 winner, LC9 fail and now this? Big fail

Curious as to why you think it will be a fail when the P22 market is significant and the SR22 is getting very positive reviews.

Gotta disagree, Raymond. As long as the SR22 proves to be reliable, i think it will do quite well against the P22. Do I think it was needed considering all the other fine .22s that Ruger makes? No, not at all. But, my guess is Ruger has been losing sales to the P22, and maybe even the M&P 22, and this is their answer to get some of those sales back.

Don't forget the Sig Mosquito.

LC9 fail

Why is the LC9 a fail? I think mine is great. Some people complain about 25 yard groups but if you bought the LC9 for 25-yard shooting, you done bought the wrong gun. It's a concealable 9mm the size of a .380. What's not to like?

then just leave it on fire and forget about it. Assuming its a double action. No different than a glock or anything else with the hammer down and saftey off.

Magazine disconnect, big time FAIL

Safety that isn't needed and even if you don't use it, it's a liabilty. Pull your gun out and it accidently was engaged, OOPS.

LC9 Fail

then just leave it on fire and forget about it. Assuming its a double action. No different than a glock or anything else with the hammer down and saftey off.

Safety that isn't needed and even if you don't use it, it's a liabilty. Pull your gun out and it accidently was engaged, OOPS.

What Ray said - My concern is accidental engagement. They didn't put the safety on the LCP, so why put it on the LC9?

That being said, I don't think the LC9 is a "fail" - I was just pointing out one area where *I* happen to think Ruger goofed.

...and we have thoroughly derailed this thread :lol:

If they prove to be reliable, I think they will do quite well. I want a 22lr pistol but am not a fan of some of the current offerings. My dream 22lr is still the Beretta Cheetah 22lr, but they are pricey for a 22lr.

If they prove to be reliable, I think they will do quite well. I want a 22lr pistol but am not a fan of some of the current offerings.

I agree. Liked the look of the misquito but WAY to small for my hands. Was always interested in the 1911-22's but heard mixed reviews and ended up buying a 9mm 1911. Now its time for a 22 semi-auto and I want something thats fun, hassel free and fits my hand. The SR22 and the M&P22 seem to fit the bill. Will have to see pricing/availability/reviews and then handle one before I can decide.

-Scott

I agree. Liked the look of the misquito but WAY to small for my hands. Was always interested in the 1911-22's but heard mixed reviews and ended up buying a 9mm 1911. Now its time for a 22 semi-auto and I want something thats fun, hassel free and fits my hand. The SR22 and the M&P22 seem to fit the bill. Will have to see pricing/availability/reviews and then handle one before I can decide.

-Scott

Not to get off the SR22, but based on what you have and what you are looking for you should check out the Ruger 22/45 target. I recently picked up the stainless with slab sided barrel and it fits the bill.

Ruger_2245_Pistol.jpg

Magazine disconnect, big time FAIL

LC9 Fail

Ah, didn't realize you were talking about the magazine disconnect.

On a .22 I wouldn't think there would be much risk in accidentally engaging the safety, since very few people are likely to use it for protection. Would a proper holster not protect the safety while the gun is holstered and while it is being drawn though?

As far as the magazine disconnect, I don't think I've seen any newer .22lr semi-auto without one. The P22, M&P 22, SR22 I know have them, though I don't think the Mosquito does.

Now that I've submitted everything for my FID and P2P, I need to start deciding what I need and what I want...

. Was always interested in the 1911-22's but heard mixed reviews and ended up buying a 9mm 1911. Now its time for a 22 semi-auto and I want something thats fun, hassel free and fits my hand. The SR22 and the M&P22 seem to fit the bill. Will have to see pricing/availability/reviews and then handle one before I can decide.

-Scott

Have you looked a the GSG 1911-22, I have one and it's a great gun. I did some work on it before I ever shot it, not sure if it was needed but it made me feel better. I changed the front sight to a DP Fiber Optic and the guide rod to a stainless steel one. I have a DP rear adjustable sight on order and will put that on next, I'll have to do a little fitting, but I think I will be done with the the work on the gun after that. Great feel, fit, and trigger for a factory trigger. Just putting an option out there for you to look at.

Just to get back on topic, if the SR22 eats all brands of ammo, it's better than my Bersa Thunder. So far, the Thunder only likes hyper velocity ammo and Remington Golden Bullets, go figure. I cut one coil off the recoil spring. I'll see if that helps. I am tempted to buy an SR22 but I will have to make room in the safe and the permits are such a PITA.