MikeK77

Looking for a Pocket CCW Gun.

When you pocket ccw there is something you might want to keep in mind when you are going to purchase your gun least amount of gun parts that have a possibility to snag when deploying from your pocket. It happens more than you think even with belt ccw parts get caught on your clothes and cause mobility to possibly be effected.

Like I said earlier. I can get my kahr in my cargo pockets very easily. Maybe my pockets are bigger...lol

Yeah, RIF.

Unless you're looking at the Rohrbaugh, none of the 9mm guns are true pocket guns, period. I have an LC9 - I MIGHT be able to get it in a suit jacket pocket with a pocket holster - or into a cargo pants pocket. It will not go in jeans either in the front or rear pocket. You could put a clipdraw on all of them and carry them IWB which would be quite discreet.

When you pocket ccw there is something you might want to keep in mind when you are going to purchase your gun least amount of gun parts that have a possibility to snag when deploying from your pocket. It happens more than you think even with belt ccw parts get caught on your clothes and cause mobility to possibly be effected.

Beretta Nano is built to be snagless :)

I've got a p-64 and it fits nicely in regular jean side pocket although it does print a little depending on how tight your pants are. I have an IWB holster for it and its very comfortable, accurate, and reliable.

9x18 is reasonably priced and not super hard to find although you may need to do some online ordering. Standard ammo has more a** then .380 but less then 9x19. However 9x18+p is available taking it up to about the levels of standard 115gr parabellum.

the gun plus the springs to lower to trigger pull together ran me just over $200 to my door.

p641.jpg

Just an idea :)

pros / cons between 9mm and .380?

This is a can or worms.. :icon_mrgreen:

For me, I feel very comfortable with having my BG380 and don't feel a 9mm would really be a big difference maker, especially being I keep Hornady CD ammo in her but that's just my feelings.

The Polish Pistol, huh?

9x18?? Thats not a 9mm luger is it?

Yes sir polish p-64, mine is 1976 production.

9x17 browing short = .380 its the same round. < 9x18 makarov (what the p-64 is chambered in) < 9x19 luger/parabelum. Is how they stack up in terms of power.

Your welcome to give the p-64 a try if it interests you :) we can possibly call up another forum member near me with a keltec pf-9 as well and you can give that a try.

Yes sir polish p-64, mine is 1976 production.

9x17 browing short = .380 its the same round. < 9x18 makarov (what the p-64 is chambered in) < 9x19 luger/parabelum. Is how they stack up in terms of power.

Your welcome to give the p-64 a try if it interests you :) we can possibly call up another forum member near me with a keltec pf-9 as well and you can give that a try.

Made in Poland? I like!

Made in Poland? I like!

Yes sir, at the Radom plant which is supposedly known for high quality. I'm sure happy with the little guy. Joeskilove seems to like it too. I think of the 3 guns he brought out to my range the other day he shot best with my little polish guy lol.

BTW the offer to try it extends to you as well :)

Gun shop telling me .380 is not good in this area because if someone is wearing a thick coat it may not go thru??

Watch this video of Hornady Critical Defense .380 penetrating heavy clothing into ballistic gel. This will change your mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhXSTqV0CT4

I have a don theis iwb holster for my kahr. It is almost identical to. Crossbreed mini tuck

I've been using a Comp-tac minotaur, and carrying a full-size 1911 with no problems IWB is the way to go.

Im thinking P238 Rosewood, extreme, or equinox.

I have the P238 SAS , you might want to consider it.

sig_sauer_p238_sas_1.jpg

The slide edges are dehorned and thus snag free. I`d try all of the suggested .380`s in this thread and see which one fits you the best at a meetup or something.

For defensive ammo i have this.

http://www.buffalobo...ct_detail&p=129

I have a PPS in 9. It is an accurate little gun and I like it. It did take some getting used to however, because the grip is very "front and back", with the sides being completely parallel. This means that you feel it more on your hand when you fire it. It ALS means that the gun is quite narrow as well as short, so it's a good candidate for concealment. I use it in conjunction with a Galco Stinger holster and like the combination. I haven't tried it as a "pocket" gun and think the baby Ruger may be better, but the PPS is a great gun for ccw.

Happy shooting

G

Yes sir, at the Radom plant which is supposedly known for high quality. I'm sure happy with the little guy. Joeskilove seems to like it too. I think of the 3 guns he brought out to my range the other day he shot best with my little polish guy lol.

BTW the offer to try it extends to you as well :)

My heritage makes me want one bad! And i'm not too concerned with the caliber but a 380 would be hot! Are they available?