Sign in to follow this  
oofogbp

FNP 45 Tactical

I've shot the FNP 45, and the HK USP 45. The FN is a monster of a handgun (overall size), and the grip on the HK USP (I've not yet shot the HK45) is very long. But they both are soft shooting guns for .45

I don't know what your price point is, but if you are sticking between those 2 you really can't make a bad choice. However, I own a XD45 and absolutely love it ;) That being said be sure to shoot them before you buy.

With the possibility of leaving this communist state I'm looking for a 45 that's ready to accept a suppressor.

I'm leaning more toward the FN due to coming with 3 mags and ability to mount an optic. I've shot the HK45 and Mark 23(a beast), both are smooth.

I have the FNP45, not the tactical though. It is a rather large gun but, with the flat backstrap, it fits nicely in my medium sized hands. It is very soft shooting and quite accurate. I just took it out the other day and ran 2 mags through it. From 15 yards it looked like I hit the white with 2 shots and missed the black altogether. When I retrieved my target I found that the other 26 were all in the black. This was one of those Midway pistol targets you can print out on your computer. It's kind of a boring gun but, definitely gets the job done.

DSC_0002.jpg

The FNP is a great handgun, but was not the 45 of choice for me.

The gun is big. big, big, and hence why it takes 15 rounds of 45.

For someone with smaller hands, and being that I like to have as high of a grip as possible on a gun, the safety was getting in the way of my thumb.

The HK45 has much better ergonomics, even though the safety still sticks into the thumb.

My two alternatives would be...

S&W M&P 45 - Awesome handgun to fire, awesome ergonomics. AWESOME gun, and recoil was as smooth and managable as the hk 45.

Sarsilmaz K2 45 - All metal, CZ based, hi cap 45. Best of all, totally amazing ergonomics, and 14 or 15 rounds of 45. better yet, the price. Sub $500.

eaa-sar-k2.jpg

My two alternatives would be...

S&W M&P 45 - Awesome handgun to fire, awesome ergonomics. AWESOME gun, and recoil was as smooth and managable as the hk 45.

Sarsilmaz K2 45 - All metal, CZ based, hi cap 45. Best of all, totally amazing ergonomics, and 14 or 15 rounds of 45. better yet, the price. Sub $500.

eaa-sar-k2.jpg

Thanks!

2 good suggestions I didn't think of

Played with it last year at shot show. Plus, it is a cz clone. Military issued in turkey. I would buy it.

I understand, and it's an option for a higher capacity 45acp handgun. But I've never heard of it or even seen one.

M&P45

XD45

XDm45

Glock 21

HK USP 45

FNP 45

1911 double stacks

are all fine choices

I understand, and it's an option for a higher capacity 45acp handgun. But I've never heard of it or even seen one.

M&P45

XD45

XDm45

Glock 21

HK USP 45

FNP 45

1911 double stacks

are all fine choices

And at one point, CZ's were never heard of, the XD was a Croatian gun that was never heard of either. It is a CZ clone, hard to mess it up. =)

Really really nice guns. I hope they are at media day. They are imported by EAA.

Can u clarify ur statement ? What makes u NOT have a confidence in their weapons or in anything Turkish being " tough " ?

Never known the Turkish for any accomplishments, innovations, leadership, or winning any wars.

I hate when people aquaint 3 world countries with some superior fighting secrets or technology or engineering. America is the biggest, baddest military in the world, no one can come close. We have the best innovators, engineers, technology, leadership, and we always win the war. We carry Beretta.

That makes me confident. When did the Turkish get tough?

You guys left out:

Beretta PX4 .45

Stoegar Cougar .45

Although neither is really high capacity. I consider 13rds or more high capacity, 10rds standard capacity.

Interesting that you should malign Turkey and mention Stoeger positively in the same post. Stoeger has manufacturing facilities there and the Cougar is made there, not to mention that Beretta owns Stoeger. Can't tell the players without a program. Turkey has a booming (no pun intended) arms industry.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Interesting that you should malign Turkey and mention Stoeger positively in the same post. Stoeger has manufacturing facilities there and the Cougar is made there, not to mention that Beretta owns Stoeger. Can't tell the players without a program. Turkey has a booming (no pun intended) arms industry.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Yes, Beretta owns Stoegar and Burris. Cougar was made by Beretta before Stoegar Industries. Italian engineering, technology, and manufacturing. Turkish labor.

My point was more about making a 3 world country out to be some secretely superior fighting machine more than about Turkey itself.

Not that they need me to defend them, but Turkey is hardly a "third world" country. They have the 13th largest economy in the world and are developing faster that most European nations.

Not that they need me to defend them, but Turkey is hardly a "third world" country. They have the 13th largest economy in the world and are developing faster that most European nations.

if it's good enough to defend against those damn Greeks it's good enough for me

Never known the Turkish for any accomplishments, innovations, leadership, or winning any wars.

I hate when people aquaint 3 world countries with some superior fighting secrets or technology or engineering. America is the biggest, baddest military in the world, no one can come close. We have the best innovators, engineers, technology, leadership, and we always win the war. We carry Beretta.

I'm just gonna leave this alone ......

• Like 1

Wut. Constantinople and the Ottoman Empire/Assyrian Empire might have to say to you. Even going back to the days of antiquity the people living in the area have been winning wars before we realized there was a chunk of land on this side of the Atlantic. I am not Turkish but do you think it might be a bit rude to put down an entire country like that without knowing even a slight bit about them?

Edit : To stay on topic.

The FNP 45 was high on my list mainly because of the ability to mount the RMR but I found the grip too big for my med/small hands. The same goes for the USP45. Have not had the chance to shoot off the M&P though but it looks like a very nice firearm. Felt slightly better in my hands than the HK45 though.

Edit : To stay on topic.

The FNP 45 was high on my list mainly because of the ability to mount the RMR but I found the grip too big for my med/small hands. The same goes for the USP45. Have not had the chance to shoot off the M&P though but it looks like a very nice firearm. Felt slightly better in my hands than the HK45 though.

Haha

Thanks for bringing it back on topic!

I have tried the HK and the only thing I'm not a fan of is the mag release. I guess I could get used to it but I think I'm going with the FN. I had the chance to fire one yesterday with a RMR and I loved it.

Yeah, personally I do not like the smaller paddle system I saw on the Hk45. A bit too small IMO. I do not mind the larger paddles like the ones found on the p30 though. If you do not like the Euro style release then by all means go with something that has the more traditional button.

Yeah, personally I do not like the smaller paddle system I saw on the Hk45. A bit too small IMO. I do not mind the larger paddles like the ones found on the p30 though. If you do not like the Euro style release then by all means go with something that has the more traditional button.

Are you thinking of the HK45C (compact)? That has the smaller mag release levers. I have both the HK45 (full size) and P30S, and they have the same larger but shaped mag release levers.

I'm one of those folks who *loves* the trigger guard style mag releases. It's so easy and natural to get to, yet very difficult to accidentally activate.