this_is_nascar

State Police Arrest Four on Weapons Charges

In Linden, NJ several more thugs have been taken off the streets for the time being.

January 16, 2012

State Police Arrest Four on Weapons Charges in Linden, NJ

spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif

Andre-Doss_tbn.jpg

spacer.gif

Duquan-Wells_tbn.jpg

spacer.gif

Ezell-Hunter_tbn.jpg

Linden NJ- As a result of an investigation into gun trafficking activities in the Union County area, the New Jersey State Police Weapons Trafficking Unit executed two Search Warrants which led to the arrest of four men on various weapon and drug charges.

On January 6, 2012, upon the execution of search warrants, Andre Doss, 29, of Linden, Duquan Wells, 29, of Elizabeth, and Jamar Smith, 26, of Linden were arrested at 1231 East Henry Street, Linden, NJ with the assistance of the New Jersey State Police North TEAMS unit, K-9 North Unit, Street Gang Central Unit and Linden Police Department. On Tuesday January 10, 2012, Ezell Hunter, 23, of Piscataway was located and arrested in Dunellen, NJ.

Troopers seized a total of four firearms during the investigation. They included a semi-automatic pistol with large capacity magazine, fully automatic AK-47-type rifle with large capacity magazine, and semi-automatic SKS type-rifle with two large capacity magazines. These three weapons are defined as assault firearms as per New Jersey state law. Also seized during the investigation was a .22 caliber revolver and a total of 446 ecstasy pills.

Arrested:

1. Andre Doss 29 years old Linden, NJ
  2. Duquan Wells 29 years old Elizabeth, NJ
  3. Jamar Smith 26 years old Linden, NJ
  4. Ezell Hunter 23 years old Piscataway, NJ

Charges:

Andre Doss/Duquan Wells:

- Unlawful Use or Transfer of Firearms

- Unlawful Possession of Handguns

- Unlawful Possession of Assault Firearms

- Certain Persons Not to have Firearms

- Possession of Weapons for Unlawful Purpose

- Possession of Large Capacity Magazines

- Possession of CDS/Ecstasy with Intent to Distribute

Ezell Hunter/Jamar Smith:

- Possession of CDS/Ecstasy with Intent to Distribute

All four men were lodged in Union County jail in default of bail.

Is a semi-auto handgun defined as assault weapon even with 16+ magazine or this simply more inaccurate reporting.

Either way - good job NJSP for getting the scum off the streets.

Strange, NJ's strict laws did not seem to prevent criminals from getting guns. Perhaps if we make the laws more tough by adding some additional forms to complete when applying for a permit, and limiting handguns to 1 every 2 months.

Don't give them any ideas

"Troopers seized a total of four firearms during the investigation. They included a semi-automatic pistol with large capacity magazine, fully automatic AK-47-type rifle..."

That alone is a federal offense 10 years and a $10,000 fine for having an unregistered NFA item . I am guessing that he didn't have the $200 NFA stamp on him and it wasn't in the NFA registry.... The feds can add charges on top of what he is facing already IF it was an unregistered machine gun according to the reports. I know they are already illegal in NJ, but now they can add the Federal charges as well.

"Troopers seized a total of four firearms during the investigation. They included a semi-automatic pistol with large capacity magazine, fully automatic AK-47-type rifle..."

That alone is a federal offense 10 years and a $10,000 fine for having an unregistered NFA item . I am guessing that he didn't have the $200 NFA stamp on him and it wasn't in the NFA registry.... The feds can add charges on top of what he is facing already IF it was an unregistered machine gun according to the reports. I know they are already illegal in NJ, but now they can add the Federal charges as well.

I think that is hyperbole on the part of either the NJSP PIO or the Reporter, or at least an incomplete list of the charges...there's no charge of MG possession under NJ law, which WOULD be there if he had an FA AK. I'll find out tomorrow if i get a chance.

How about OGAE? One gun an eon. Of course, NJ says it is OGAM, but it is OGAE by practice in most areas.

Sounds about right. I guess I'm fortunate that the State Police up here (Sussex Barracks) were not too bad to deal with. Granted it was a while ago, but they were very proffesional and I don't recall waiting very long for my ID card or permits. Hopefully still the case as I've got my eye on a S&W revolver among other things...

Sorry for the hijack, OP. Glad to see the guys giving us honest folks a bad rep going where they belong.

The problem with the ecstasy haul is that even if it is one table or a whole truckload they could only have to do a year or a half year in a county jail. Hopefully they will do a lot of time on the gun charges. (But I would like to add that the charges should be "Five Ounces or more is a First Degree crime that carries 10 to 20 years in prison")

Don't really see anything wrong here. Just a bunch of folks trying to meet the supply/demand needs of the 'free' (black) market.

Let's face it: if drugs were legalized, or at least available through legitimate means, then you wouldn't need to jockey for turf via illegitimate and violent means. This would also mean you wouldn't need firearms to fight these turf wars, or exact the inevitable retribution that comes with dealing in black market dealings.

Not to mention: I don't think the possession of any weapon should really be a crime... but it's use is the metric of punishment. Full-Auto AKM?? Shoot, where can I get one? :p

So to recap: Four guys were for dealing in things that really shouldn't have been illegal in the first place.

• Like 1