Sign in to follow this  
intercooler

pistol permit puchase time frame game

ok, I just applied for 6 p2p's at my town pd on 1/19 8 am. paid for a new sbi, how long do you think it will take.

My town is fast, very fast, they do it right. I know my references got their paperwork on 1/20. my geuss is that i will i will have them in my hand on 1/27.

We should see who's town does this the fastest.

I just broke my own personal record of recent times. Applied in Jefferson Twp on 12/13/11 had 3 P2P on 1/17/12. So what is that 35 days? Outstanding! Now the only time I used to get them faster was when I used to hunt with the police chief. That was apply in the morning and pick up the next day.

But those were different times and I even had a full carry permit in Jersey believe it or not...

West Deptford took 24 days, including Christmas and New Years, and my references took 14 days of that.

I talked to the Chief and expressed my appreciation for them actually following the law. He thanked me for the positive feedbad and we had a good 20 minute conversation about guns.

When I asked what ammo they carry, he told me .40 Hydra-Shoks, and then proceeded to tell me that I can't have them because they are hollow points. When I pointed out that the law says I can have them at home, at the range, and it's legal for me to purchase them, he goes "That's right", and then we started talking about guns, ammo, training, and practice. It almost seemed like the HP statement was a test to see if I knew the law.

He also told me that he will sign an extension on the HPP any time up until the 180 day mark. All in all, I can't complain and I think our department does a pretty good job at following the letter of the law.

ok, I just applied for 6 p2p's at my town pd on 1/19 8 am. paid for a new sbi, how long do you think it will take.

My town is fast, very fast, they do it right. I know my references got their paperwork on 1/20. my geuss is that i will i will have them in my hand on 1/27.

We should see who's town does this the fastest.

I'm moving to your town. New Brunswick took a few days under 6 months for my FID/permits.