Nikos

Amazon + warehouses = NJ sales tax

I'd say you're right. But you don't want to be bit in the you know what one day if your favorite company that you have been doing a lot of business with for a long period of time goes through that type of audit. It puts you in the IRS's sights , to coin a phrase. It is just something you should be aware of is all.

There are... in Parsippany. I've received many Amazon Prime shipments within the 2-day period because of my proximity to that warehouse.

Didn't know they had one there...no mention on their site...not sure how up to date their site is, but looks like the closest fullfillment center is in Pennsyltucky...there is a UPS hub in Parsippany though.

http://www.amazon.com/b/?node=239366011

There are... in Parsippany. I've received many Amazon Prime shipments within the 2-day period because of my proximity to that warehouse.

I've never gotten an Amazon Prime shipment in more than 2 days, and usually in 1. My packages aren't coming from Parsippany, though.

I've never gotten an Amazon Prime shipment in more than 2 days, and usually in 1. My packages aren't coming from Parsippany, though.

Ditto. I never had a Prime product show up late. If you do a lot of ordering , it is a good investment. I bought our handgun safes on Amazon Prime ..no shipping , here in 2 days. Granted , for 70 bucks a year ( it is 70 bucks , right?) you have to be a frequent customer to benefit. Which I am lol I do ALL Christmas shopping with Prime. Not to mention everything else during the year. When I can't buy from an independent local , I go Amazon.

I just hope they program their tax collection systems correctly for NJ; not everything is taxable...

And some places aren't even at the same tax rate. Salem County is 3.5% instead of the state wide 7%. Some other places included. Its in the Tax code if you want to know where.

I think Amazon structures their business so the warehouses in NJ are owned by a separate entity under the corporate umbrella to evade paying sales tax.

I think where the sales/use tax issue comes into play is if you operate a business in NJ, as I understand it the tax nazis come down hard on people like dentists for use tax.

Big corporations are too big for IRS or NJ Div of Taxation to fight, they know they can't win,so they attack the little guys.

Ditto. I never had a Prime product show up late. If you do a lot of ordering , it is a good investment. I bought our handgun safes on Amazon Prime ..no shipping , here in 2 days. Granted , for 70 bucks a year ( it is 70 bucks , right?) you have to be a frequent customer to benefit. Which I am lol I do ALL Christmas shopping with Prime. Not to mention everything else during the year. When I can't buy from an independent local , I go Amazon.

My student prime membership was free for a year, and 30 to renew for this year..... i think it is 70 bucks normally.

My student prime membership was free for a year, and 30 to renew for this year..... i think it is 70 bucks normally.

You can also include family members (who use Amazon) on your prime membership so they can take advantage of it at no additional cost to you. You also get free video rentals from their instant library as another free benefit.

There are approximately 8,821,155 people living in this state.

The unemployment rate is 9.1%.

In April, the number of unemployed stood at 417,229

The jobs created by Amazon would roughly come to about .35% of that unemployment. That's a 1/3 of 1 percent.

So if my calculations are correct, Amazon just needs to open about 278 warehouses here and they will solve our unemployment.

Sorry, 1500 jobs is a drop in the bucket. And in essence will barely do anything to help this state.

I'd rather keep 7% of my money.