Kasanova

First time at range...

Hi

As some of you may know, i am new to all of this(firearms, etc). Well last nite I went to Shore Shot in Lakewood, NJ. I was sitting around the house bored around 630pm, i looked at my girlfriend and asked her if she wanted to go to a range, she got excited and said yeah. I came on here and looked for something that was open late, sure enough Shore Shot was the only one I could find. Since I'm about 1hr 30mins away, I spent no time getting everthing ready, got into the car and drove down, I'm in the north NJ area.

Once I got there, they were freindly from the beginning. I told them this was my first time at a range and they told me the ground rules pretty quick. This was my girlfriends first time at a range and shooting a gun. They were very helpful, and i felt very comfortable there as well. They gave her a .22 to shoot, they told me for someone new who never shot this would be great for her to begin with. The range people or range masters were very helpful and kind, especially the old guy that was there. He help my girlfriend how to load and hold and shoot the gun. She told me it was a great experience that she had. Overall I had a great time there.

Below are pictures of the silhouette we shot. You could tell between the .22 and my .40. If anythinge i will label them. Enjoy ;)

img093v.jpg

By kasanova26 at 2012-02-12

img090r.jpg

img089n.jpg

Both .22 and .40

img088um.jpg

img087k.jpg

Awesome that you and your girl got into shooting.

FYI - Central Jersey Rifle and Pistol Club has a 24 hr indoor range. They are on Stump Tavern Road, Jackson NJ 08527.

Be careful what you post about burns or any injuries related to firearms. I'm pretty sure there is a law, hello NJ, about reporting such incidents.You don't want to implicate the people who are helping you.

Welcome to the Sport! Have fun and remember if you ever want to take a visit to Old Bridge or Central Jersey Ranges to look one of us up for info or to see when our Leagues are shooting.

Welcome to the Sport! Have fun and remember if you ever want to take a visit to Old Bridge or Central Jersey Ranges to look one of us up for info or to see when our Leagues are shooting.

I would love to try all the ranges, the closer the better.

Awesome that you and your girl got into shooting.

FYI - Central Jersey Rifle and Pistol Club has a 24 hr indoor range. They are on Stump Tavern Road, Jackson NJ 08527.

Be careful what you post about burns or any injuries related to firearms. I'm pretty sure there is a law, hello NJ, about reporting such incidents.You don't want to implicate the people who are helping you.

Thanks for the informaion on both the range and the small incident.

Fantastic, glad to see you had a good time, also nice job getting your girl into it at the same time.

Yeah, we are planning to do this together a lot. Something new to do, as long as my mom is available to take care of the baby that is.

The "Old Guy" there was probably Phil who goes by the screen name Scig on here. He is a great teacher.

Your "burn" looks like a hickey........................ ;)

Girls have to be careful while shooting (or at the line watching) from hot flying brass. I've seen them put napkins in the front of their shirts to make sure hot brass doesn't get inside, as you see, it burns!

Most clubs have events open to the public, look for them and come try them out like Dave (Smokin50) said above.

The "Old Guy" there was probably Phil who goes by the screen name Scig on here. He is a great teacher.

Your "burn" looks like a hickey........................ ;)

Girls have to be careful while shooting (or at the line watching) from hot flying brass. I've seen them put napkins in the front of their shirts to make sure hot brass doesn't get inside, as you see, it burns!

Most clubs have events open to the public, look for them and come try them out like Dave (Smokin50) said above.

yeah, my girlfriend was a wearing a v-neck shirt, and phil was kind enough to lend her a shore shot t-shirt. I'll keep an eye out for some public events.

Yeah, we are planning to do this together a lot. Something new to do, as long as my mom is available to take care of the baby that is.

If you want to come see the club, look at the calender, and watch the threads for OB, most times we post up about the Steel and USPSA matches. You can come check them out, just bring eyes and ears, and start saving your money because you will really like what you see and want to try it in the very near future... :icon_mrgreen:

That's Phil??? No kidding, damn good guy and really enjoyed my range time when he was working..

Yep.in the time I've been shooting at SS,Phil has helped me with my stance,grip and sighting and I really look forward to just shooting the breeze and learning from his years of experience.He's really patient with new shooters.

Yep.in the time I've been shooting at SS,Phil has helped me with my stance,grip and sighting and I really look forward to just shooting the breeze and learning from his years of experience.He's really patient with new shooters.

Yes he is patient, he came over to my girlfriend a couple of times to help her out. Didnt see any huffing or puffing, all I seen was a smile and a nod. Also the other RO that was there was friendly as well. He had a military jacket that said, Shephard or Shepard? not too sure but he was helping my girlfriend and I on how to hold the guns correctly, aiming and stance as well. I am definitely going back there again, even if it is 1hr+ away.

But I am also going to try other ranges as well.

Phil also digs cool revolvers. I let him send some .357's down range one day, smiles on all our faces!

Talking about revolvers, they took out this revolver, I believe it was the most powerful hand gun in the world(from what phil said). Maybe the .500 or .550?(remember I'm a noob), idk but the flames from the muzzle/barrel were atleast 8-12 inches long. Very nice revolver and long too.

Yes he is patient, he came over to my girlfriend a couple of times to help her out. Didnt see any huffing or puffing, all I seen was a smile and a nod. Also the other RO that was there was friendly as well. He had a military jacket that said, Shephard or Shepard? not too sure but he was helping my girlfriend and I on how to hold the guns correctly, aiming and stance as well. I am definitely going back there again, even if it is 1hr+ away.

But I am also going to try other ranges as well.

Black Guy? Doug, he's great, good dude to chat with and always helpful. Phil as well, he helped me a lot and Tiny is also great

Talking about revolvers, they took out this revolver, I believe it was the most powerful hand gun in the world(from what phil said). Maybe the .500 or .550?(remember I'm a noob), idk but the flames from the muzzle/barrel were atleast 8-12 inches long. Very nice revolver and long too.

That would be one of these - a S&W .500 Magnum. This is board member glennp firing his...

2v3saoh.jpg

Adios,

Pizza Bob

How come when a guy has a nickname of "tiny", they are always a giant!

All big guys are called tiny. Reminds me of this show on tru tv; storage hunter, guy is about 300lbs and they call him Tiny. Dont know why... but there is a one show Auction Hunter on Spike Tv that the name matches the guy, His name is Ton. pretty big/hefty guy.