this_is_nascar

... And You've Often Thought You Are Stupid

I guess the seller figured that in order to get into it, he'd have to break it, thus not being able to sell it. I'm sorry, if I ever acquire a locked safe, that sucker is carefully being busted into for me to see what's in there.

The seller probably made his markup on the safe. He didn't know the money was in there, that's life.

The seller sounds like the idiot to me. Why would he tell the seller that he found the money? (or anyone for that matter). Several ways this can go wrong for the buyer from here on out.

Great point. Why open your mouth at all and say anything?

Many layers of stupidity here.

1st - the seller... obviously. Odd that he wouldn't even open the safe to check the contents.

Stupid

2nd - The buyer, for letting it be known that they found $26,000 for free.

Stupid

3rd - Even if the Seller was the one who realized the money was in there after the fact, and contacted the buyer... The buyer should have denied everything.

Stupid

The seller probably made his markup on the safe. He didn't know the money was in there, that's life.

The Buyer sounds like the idiot to me. Why would he tell the seller that he found the money? (or anyone for that matter). Several ways this can go wrong for the buyer from here on out.

Fixed for you.