blksheep

We all need to remember...

In regards to some sensitive topics that are being discussed, I think we all need to remember why we joined this forum in the first place.

I joined it because it was a state forum, not a national forum run by guys you may never meet and sell out to every advertiser that will approach them. I got tired of "xing" out of every pop up ad.

I joined because I enjoy learning more and reading others experiences with different firearms.

I joined because I feel like there are less Internet Gangstas that fly off with posts and try and challenge people for no reason.

I joined because I dont want to talk about politics or religious views that tend to make people fly off the handle.

I joined not to push my idea of the perfect gun. While I may be partial to a certain maker, I most certainly love to shoot all kinds of guns and keep an open mid in regards to others views.

I think we all have to remember why we are here regardless of what we do for a living be it LE, Wal-Mart, IT, Construction or whatever. We are all stuck in this state for better or worse. Lets make the best of it.

Rick

• Like 9

I joined not to push my idea of the perfect gun. While I may be partial to a certain maker,

Yea.. you and those damn berettas sheep :acute: lol

I agree with your post.. we live in a world of keyboard commandos, who love to get into a good pissing match to prove theyre right. Whether it's religious, political, or even weapon of choice it always goes downhill. Sad part about the whole ordeal is that guns and the like usually attract the alpha personalities, and the result is what you see of people going at it in the forums...

I do enjoy the company of the state forum... get to know people close by, and have an "in" so to speak regarding info on local ranges and shops. Keep it clean boys and girls.. we all share the common bond of loving things that go bang, boom, and pewn. Let that trait continue to unite our common goals and interests of bettering the shooting community.

• Like 1

I agree with the OP, it is no fun when things get nasty, especially if its not a good AR vs. AK post.. ;)

Though, I also have to say that non-fun-gun topics do have their specific areas in the forums where they are allowed. I'm all for freedom of expression and speech. I also think that forum members can exercise those rights responsibly without abusing them, i.e. causing extreme offense to other peoples' religion, occupation, opinions, etc. Those that abuse their 1A rights have no place here, and I'm sure the mods would take action if necessary.

I agree with the OP, it is no fun when things get nasty, especially if its not a good AR vs. AK post.. ;)

Though, I also have to say that non-fun-gun topics do have their specific areas in the forums where they are allowed. I'm all for freedom of expression and speech. I also think that forum members can exercise those rights responsibly without abusing them, i.e. causing extreme offense to other peoples' religion, occupation, opinions, etc. Those that abuse their 1A rights have no place here, and I'm sure the mods would take action if necessary.

I must say that in my short tenure on NJGF,I remain pleasantly surprised at just how civil and forgiving most members are even in the face of some quite contentious debates. I participate on a culinary forum where anonymous moderators effectively squeeze any and all attempts at levity,strong opinions and mild teasing to the detriment of new participants.I find it refreshing that as adults we can agree to disagree without overbearing moderation here on NJGF.
  • Like 1