this_is_nascar

Virginia Repeals One-a-Month Handgun Purchase Limit

At the risk of being further accused of trying to win the NJGF award of most topics started, I thought this would be interesting to the group.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/29/10537054-virginia-repeals-one-a-month-limit-on-handgun-purchases?ocid=vt_fbmsn

According to my cherry ridge news brief letter, the new jersey retail firearms dealers assoc, along with anjrpc, and the nra are proposing a bill that would do away with p2p process. And just use the nics check to buy handguns.

I'd love to be able to track the progress of this throughout its course. Any suggestions on how to do that?

I hear he wants to run for pres no bs!

Yes that rumor has been heard, especially since his term is up and the next year is the presidential election year. I don't know how true that is though I heard it from someone else. I also hope the rest of America will dislike him as much as New Jerseyians do by then

You know, I wonder how much FL does take in a year with their Non-resident CCW program...

Also wonder how much us not having our freedom in NJ actually cost the state, I know probably impossible to ever quantify, but wonder what a Ballpark figure might be with our BS laws..

One Gun a Month will never get repealed.

Dropping the P2P will never happen either. Too many sheeple will scream that it will be too easy to get a gun.

The propsed bill does not eliminate the p2p, it will defer it to the dealers. Yes the dealers will have the permits, fill them out, and send the copies to the local and state pd. It will just eliminate getting the p2p from your local pd and the wait associated with it.

Eliminating the OGAM is a different fight.

I'm not sure I can afford more than one a month anyways.

It isn't a matter of if one can afford a gun a month, a gun a week, a gun a year, it's the principal that we should not be restricted in the first place.

• Like 1