Arbelest

Sons of Guns Season 3

To all of those who watch this show season three starts tonight at 9. Its gonna be interesting to see what has happened since last season, hopefully its going to be a lot less drama, and more gun building.

Better chance of Lautenberg and the rest of the NJ legislature suddenly realizing that they've been wrong about everything and repealing OGAM, the AWB, and instituting free constitutional CCW.

A guy can wish can't he? And the episode from comcast's description seems good. New Orleans is getting an armored truck modified into a riot control vehicle with water cannons (should have the ability to draft in case Katrina happens again, endless spraying), grenande launchers and a machine gun.

Edit for typos

I was going to sarcastically ask if anyone actually watches this show, but unfortunately I actually find myself flipping to it whenever I see it when channel surfing. It's like a train wreck, you can't help but watch. It's just so bad, yet I find myself going back to see what stupidity is going on this time. It must be the same reason people watch Jersey Shore or any of those Housewives shows that my wife watches.

I was going to sarcastically ask if anyone actually watches this show, but unfortunately I actually find myself flipping to it whenever I see it when channel surfing. It's like a train wreck, you can't help but watch. It's just so bad, yet I find myself going back to see what stupidity is going on this time. It must be the same reason people watch Jersey Shore or any of those Housewives shows that my wife watches.

It's still better than "American Guns" was.....i REALLY didnt like that Wyatt guy. That said, I watched it for about 15 min, and i saw at least a couple of Digs at Vince.......Made Kris look like the Dipstick he is....and Will as well in the coming attractions.

• Like 1

LOL

I watched it and Chris being the main focus will kill the show. Hell if he is ever left in charge it may kill the shop. He is just in way over his head and really doesn't know what he is doing at all. I understand now that he is married to wills daughter he will one day inevitably run the shop but they really need to train him more before putting him in charge of anything. Trying to be funny and doing stupid jokes doesn't build guns.

The things that drive me crazy about the show are just how much drama they inject into everything, and I'm not even talking about the interactions between the people. My favorite so far was a while ago when Joe and Charlie had to disassemble some cartridges, they took out their kinetic bullet puller and acted like it was radioactive and going to kill everyone in the shop. My wife laughed at me as I screamed at the tv holding my bullet puller. The other thing that REALLY bothers me is how they're doing all this "innovation" with their "new designs" of things that have existed for a decade or more sometimes. For example, a remote controlled weapon mount for a HMMWV? It's called a CROWS. How about Kris's latest completely re-engineering the AR platform by adding a piston system from an AK? Yeah, that's never been done before or is sold commercially by no less than half a dozen companies. Or when they bought those nice $50k HAAS CNC machines that no one knew how to use. Really? Good business decision there. Don't even get me started on Kris as a gunsmith. Either they're portraying this place in this way intentionally to create drama, or they really are a bunch of idiots that couldn't gunsmith their way out of a paper bag (except Vince and maybe Flem).

My wife has no idea why I watch the stupid show because I always get so worked up and just yell at the tv for an hour. But like I said, it's like a train wreck, I can't look away. :wild:

the show completely sucks i was so aggrivated last night. that stupid a** kid chris is some how in control of evertything whining about it married the daughter so he got his up inthe company bs for tv boo

I hate the fake deadlines these shows impose.. Just like the home renovations, and American Choppers. Everything is blah blah blah, and then ZOMG WE ONLY HAVE TWO DAYS LEFT! Personally.. Id rather wait the extra week or two and get my gun, 50k renovation, or 100k motorcycle built in an orderly concentrated fashion not rushed.

All. Their true talent walked out the door with Vince. Not only their talent but their ffl holder and owner too. Its funny how much really comes out about the rocket surgeons on this show when you search the internet. Will and his daughter can't even own the company or hold a ffl because of missing guns in 09 so the struck a deal with the atf to forfeit their FFL so Vince Joe and one other Guy became the owners and FFL holders. I would quit too if I was treated like that by will and I owned the company. All TV BS.

WWW.vincebuckles.com

My comparison of Sons of Guns VS American Guns:

American Guns: Give us $10K-$15K and we will throw a block of steel in a CNC to make you a new custom gun that we can engrave.

Sons of Guns: Give us $10K-$15K and we will rebuild your existing gun with aftermarket parts.

Just my opinion.

My comparison of Sons of Guns VS American Guns:

American Guns: Give us $10K-$15K and we will throw a block of steel in a CNC to make you a new custom gun that we can engrave.

Sons of Guns: Give us $10K-$15K and we will rebuild your existing gun with aftermarket parts.

Just my opinion.

More like:

American Guns: Give us $10k-15k and we will make you a custom gun that has virtually the same performance as a modified production gun that you could've purchased for a fraction of the price.

Sons of Guns: Give us $10k - 15k for NEVA BIN DUN BEFO

The things that drive me crazy about the show are just how much drama they inject into everything, and I'm not even talking about the interactions between the people. My favorite so far was a while ago when Joe and Charlie had to disassemble some cartridges, they took out their kinetic bullet puller and acted like it was radioactive and going to kill everyone in the shop. My wife laughed at me as I screamed at the tv holding my bullet puller. The other thing that REALLY bothers me is how they're doing all this "innovation" with their "new designs" of things that have existed for a decade or more sometimes. For example, a remote controlled weapon mount for a HMMWV? It's called a CROWS. How about Kris's latest completely re-engineering the AR platform by adding a piston system from an AK? Yeah, that's never been done before or is sold commercially by no less than half a dozen companies. Or when they bought those nice $50k HAAS CNC machines that no one knew how to use. Really? Good business decision there. Don't even get me started on Kris as a gunsmith. Either they're portraying this place in this way intentionally to create drama, or they really are a bunch of idiots that couldn't gunsmith their way out of a paper bag (except Vince and maybe Flem).

My wife has no idea why I watch the stupid show because I always get so worked up and just yell at the tv for an hour. But like I said, it's like a train wreck, I can't look away. :wild:

Influence of the Producers sadly..they just cant get it through their heads that the dont NEED to be another "Jersey Shore" or "American Choppers" you don't NEED the deadline Drama, and it makes the industry look bad...Deadlines and Rushing brings cutting corners, which is NOT somethign we need Joe and Jane Citizen thinking is a commonplace thing in the firearms industry. Sadly RJF had a REALLY Good reputation for quality work when it came to AK's..Tony from Tromix had nothing but good to say about Will for years..yes they were highpiced, but their gear was SOLID...this show crap has really degraded their rep, and the additional Crap with Vince, squabbling with the daughter before the meltdown was just the icing on the cake. Putting Kris out as the lead now..will tank them.

All. Their true talent walked out the door with Vince. Not only their talent but their ffl holder and owner too. Its funny how much really comes out about the rocket surgeons on this show when you search the internet. Will and his daughter can't even own the company or hold a ffl because of missing guns in 09 so the struck a deal with the atf to forfeit their FFL so Vince Joe and one other Guy became the owners and FFL holders. I would quit too if I was treated like that by will and I owned the company. All TV BS.

WWW.vincebuckles.com

The FFL was held by Red Jacket Firearms LLC, in the name of Vince, Joe and Charlie. Joe and Charlie STILL hold the FFL in that name

I think Joe leaves end of the season... Mene mene tekel upharsin.

He's a teacher from what I understand, RJ was his second job, he's also the LE/HEUP (Low Explosives/High Explosives User's Permit) Holder for their Pyrotechnic stuff. it Looked like Will was pushing him to jump to full time at the shop..i guess time will tell. if Joe also jumps Ship, that leaves Charlie as the FFL Holder, and if Kris drives off Flem the way it looks like he's going to do, THAT will probably be the end of RJF, other than as an accessory maker, kind of what happened to Cavalry Arms after their license loss.

But since Kris is in the family Will will pressure him to get the FFL so Kris can "take control" of the shop and make it a puppet government.. i mean shop

that might be enough for ATF to deny him

Haha that is true, but since its a different last name and.... since its a different last name does that mean Wills daughter could try and apply for the FFL and the two of them will have it?

That sounds to me like they'd be begging for an audit and jail for fraud.

Begging maybe but it would improve their tv ratings. "On the Next episode of Sons of Guns, watch the BATF&E raid the shop and arrest Will, Will's daughter and Kris! Meanwhile Kris is stumped building another AR"!! Ratings would be so high

The FFL was held by Red Jacket Firearms LLC, in the name of Vince, Joe and Charlie. Joe and Charlie STILL hold the FFL in that name

Yeah that is what I was getting at. Its crazy to think that will would treat vince like he did. Owner and FFL holder but treat him like he is on the bottom of the pile.

Influence of the Producers sadly..they just cant get it through their heads that the dont NEED to be another "Jersey Shore" or "American Choppers" you don't NEED the deadline Drama, and it makes the industry look bad...Deadlines and Rushing brings cutting corners, which is NOT somethign we need Joe and Jane Citizen thinking is a commonplace thing in the firearms industry. Sadly RJF had a REALLY Good reputation for quality work when it came to AK's..Tony from Tromix had nothing but good to say about Will for years..yes they were highpiced, but their gear was SOLID...this show crap has really degraded their rep, and the additional Crap with Vince, squabbling with the daughter before the meltdown was just the icing on the cake. Putting Kris out as the lead now..will tank them.

I don't know.. some of the newer "builds" are really questionable IMO.. like the lady AK nonsense..

it is like a $1500 painted Saiga with Tapco shit on it..

basically pick up the lowest quality shit.. stamp RJF on it.. paint it and throw it out the door..

• Like 1

I don't know.. some of the newer "builds" are really questionable IMO.. like the lady AK nonsense..

it is like a $1500 painted Saiga with Tapco shit on it..

basically pick up the lowest quality shit.. stamp RJF on it.. paint it and throw it out the door..

I;m hesitant to class what comes from the "Real' shop alongside what comes from the "Show" shop...i've been told they are 2 different facilities, and the "Show" crew are only a part of the actual employee pool.

I;m hesitant to class what comes from the "Real' shop alongside what comes from the "Show" shop...i've been told they are 2 different facilities, and the "Show" crew are only a part of the actual employee pool.

$1500 for a painted $300 Saiga..

http://www.redjacketfirearms.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&product_id=58&flypage=flypage.tpl&pop=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2