Sign in to follow this  
RUTGERS95

ACE stock paracording

The braid should just be as easy as doing the survival bracelet wrap....no?

probably, I plan on giving it a shot when I have some time to kill, I was pleased with how "grabby" the paracord is, seems fairly easy to work with

Dave T

I usually 'cord the buffer tube to bridge the gaps between the stock and receiver on my guns with a pinned stock. This alleviates the step from stock to tube and provides a smoother surface for laying your face on. I've never followed any guide, but its simple enough to wrap around, tuck back through a few of the loops to seal it up and call it a day. One additional thing i do to prevent it from fraying/unraveling is to singe the end of the rope with a flame to not only keep it from fraying, but the bulbous molten tip wont pull back through the loops and unravel your work.

IMG_20111229_203706.jpg

What jonF said. If you do it tight enough it will never come off that way. The biggest issue when working with winding rope, the tighter the better. You want to be pulling the rope to press everything together, any slack will eventually work it apart.