I have a laser boresighter, but my rifle is still off a bit!

What is proper way to sight in a scope with a laser boresight?

Does the laser boresight have to zeroed in before hand? If so, How do you do this?

Can anyone help me?

A laser boresighter should only be used to get you close. Once you're on paper, you should zero the rifle by shooting it. I prefer a 5-shot group with the same point of aim, then adjust, another 5-shot group, adjust, etc.

A laser boresighter should only be used to get you close. Once you're on paper, you should zero the rifle by shooting it. I prefer a 5-shot group with the same point of aim, then adjust, another 5-shot group, adjust, etc.

+1

I have one and it is not perfectly centered against itself, so it is somewhat off when in the barrel. Maybe more expensive ones are better but the cheap ones are only good for getting you on paper, just like j0n said.

Maybe more expensive ones are better but the cheap ones are only good for getting you on paper

You still need to shoot the gun. Don't forget, lasers travel in a straight line. A bullet, fired from a barrel, travels in an arc.

Don't forget, lasers travel in a straight line.

Well, the photons are actually affected by gravity, so they're not quite straight....

The laser bore sighter I have is in a brass casing the shape of a 223 round, and you load it into the chamber. Then, you can get bigger brass casings, in various shapes, and the 223 laser screws into them. I sighted my 50BMG and a 45-70 rifle this way, and they were not only on the paper, but near the middle of the bull!

Well, the photons are actually affected by gravity, so they're not quite straight....

The laser bore sighter I have is in a brass casing the shape of a 223 round, and you load it into the chamber. Then, you can get bigger brass casings, in various shapes, and the 223 laser screws into them. I sighted my 50BMG and a 45-70 rifle this way, and they were not only on the paper, but near the middle of the bull!

Which one do you have